I am confused as what's the best way (best site) to buy tickets from Paris (from CDG preferably) to Amsterdan. We would like to go to Amsterdam right after arriving at the CDG airport in Paris. According to the Rail Europe site, I can buy tickets departing from CDG airport to Amsterdam for about 200 euros, which seems very pricey to us. I know there are trains leaving from Paris Nord to Amsterdam for a lot less (35 euros for cheapest non flex for certain departure times). So, in order to save money, is it my only option to grab the metro from CDG to the Paris Nord station and from then take the Thalys to AMS? And if so, what departure time would it be safe to purchase train tickets for (leaving from Paris Nord) if my plane arrives at 1:35pm at CDG? I would appreciate any help and/or suggestions. Thank you in advance
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 2 Car Rental in Italy: Insurance Needed/Suggested
- 3 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 4 12 days in Austria
- 5 Cancelling apartment in PARIS
- 6 Is a canal pass and museum entry worth buying ahead of visit?
- 7 Amsterdam in August
- 8 Tuscany Region - Public Transportation or Rental Car?
- 9 Pompeii luggage storage
- 10 Croatia Itinerary Advice - Thank you!
- 11 What about Basque Country?
- 12 Tuscany Region - Rental Car or Public Transportation?
- 13 Terminal 1 CDG Airport to Le Bus Direct Line 2 Station Airport
- 14 12 days, which 4 cities?
- 15 Family of 4 in a couchette from Venice
- 16 8 days in Madrid/Sevilla/Granada
- 17 Charles Degaulle question
- 18 Going to Denmark, Norway – what is there to see?
- 19 London - Lakes - Hadrian - Traquair and more...
- 20 Bologna or Bergamo?
- 21 Monti in Rome, your thoughts please
- 22 Plane or train between Copenhagen and Stockholm
- 23 Helsinki -> Tallin -> Riga OR Tallin -> Riga -> Vilinius ?
- 24 Copenhagen / Stockholm trip advice
- 25 Iceland in July