I am confused as what's the best way (best site) to buy tickets from Paris (from CDG preferably) to Amsterdan. We would like to go to Amsterdam right after arriving at the CDG airport in Paris. According to the Rail Europe site, I can buy tickets departing from CDG airport to Amsterdam for about 200 euros, which seems very pricey to us. I know there are trains leaving from Paris Nord to Amsterdam for a lot less (35 euros for cheapest non flex for certain departure times). So, in order to save money, is it my only option to grab the metro from CDG to the Paris Nord station and from then take the Thalys to AMS? And if so, what departure time would it be safe to purchase train tickets for (leaving from Paris Nord) if my plane arrives at 1:35pm at CDG? I would appreciate any help and/or suggestions. Thank you in advance
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 2 Which city am i likely to see more skin in? Athens/Prague or Vienna
- 3 dinner jackets
- 4 Should we get a Swiss Travel Pass?
- 5 Santa Margherta Ligure, Rapallo, Portofino....
- 6 2 weeks Europe trip
- 7 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 8 Piedmont as a destination
- 9 From Genoa to Camgoli by Train
- 10 Booked intercity Flight, Confirmation misplaced
- 11 Trip report (long): Greek Macedonia, some insights into London's airports and the discovery of perhaps the worst airline in the developed world.
- 12 Security -- day pack at museums +
- 13 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 14 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 15 Cordoba Overnight?
- 16 SPB White Nights boat tours
- 17 Need Help with German Train Schedule
- 18 Dubrovnik + island or Kotor?
- 19 LUCKY TO BE ALIVE !!!
- 20 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 21 Planning trip to Barcelona. Madrid and Tossa Del Mar
- 22 Italy Switzerland Croata Itinerary Help
- 23 Weekend in Galicia -- Sil River Gorge
- 24 Gubbio, Gubbio, wherefore art thou, O Gubbio?
- 25 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??