I am confused as what's the best way (best site) to buy tickets from Paris (from CDG preferably) to Amsterdan. We would like to go to Amsterdam right after arriving at the CDG airport in Paris. According to the Rail Europe site, I can buy tickets departing from CDG airport to Amsterdam for about 200 euros, which seems very pricey to us. I know there are trains leaving from Paris Nord to Amsterdam for a lot less (35 euros for cheapest non flex for certain departure times). So, in order to save money, is it my only option to grab the metro from CDG to the Paris Nord station and from then take the Thalys to AMS? And if so, what departure time would it be safe to purchase train tickets for (leaving from Paris Nord) if my plane arrives at 1:35pm at CDG? I would appreciate any help and/or suggestions. Thank you in advance
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bruges for 1st time
- 2 First trip to Europe and going alone.
- 3 Afternoon Tea Ideas
- 4 Kerouac - please say the weather will clear up in Paris
- 5 Question about staying in the Museumplein are
- 6 Help, no email from Trenitalia with PNR number!
- 7 Munich: New Museum Open Documenting Nazism's Rise...
- 8 Private Guide for Rome tour ( by Van or limo)?
- 9 One champagne tour in Reims
- 10 EuropeanDestinations
- 11 Pickpocketing in Europe
- 12 I have one extra day in my FIRST TIME EUROPE trip, where should I spend it?
- 13 Paris Apartment Rental ? - reviews
- 14 Need feedback... France to Italy
- 15 Help with Honeymoon trip Italy
- 16 visa
- 17 France: "Fines Herbes" Include Dandelions?
- 18 Staying over visa expiration.
- 19 Paris birthday dinner for 10yo
- 20 Italy-Switz family of 6: June 2015
- 21 Soriano nel Cimino - need some help please!
- 22 Italian rail travel
- 23 Portugal Transportation
- 24 Travelling from Frankfurt to Amsterdam train or fly?
- 25 Need help with Sightseeing Tours