I am confused as what's the best way (best site) to buy tickets from Paris (from CDG preferably) to Amsterdan. We would like to go to Amsterdam right after arriving at the CDG airport in Paris. According to the Rail Europe site, I can buy tickets departing from CDG airport to Amsterdam for about 200 euros, which seems very pricey to us. I know there are trains leaving from Paris Nord to Amsterdam for a lot less (35 euros for cheapest non flex for certain departure times). So, in order to save money, is it my only option to grab the metro from CDG to the Paris Nord station and from then take the Thalys to AMS? And if so, what departure time would it be safe to purchase train tickets for (leaving from Paris Nord) if my plane arrives at 1:35pm at CDG? I would appreciate any help and/or suggestions. Thank you in advance
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rhine / Mosel Rivers in Germany and Beyond
- 2 My summer in Paris
- 3 3 wks touring Sicily, what not to miss?
- 4 Copenhagen - where to go/see
- 5 Advice on best area to stay in Barcelona
- 6 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 7 Renfe Schedule Release Policy?
- 8 MaiTaiTom's "Insane For Spain" - 2015
- 9 Paris Vacation Rentals in 2015
- 10 Austrian Alps
- 11 Return to Paris after 15 Years
- 12 Purchasing Trenitalia Tickets
- 13 Iceland first time!
- 14 Almafi Coast Vs. French Riviera
- 15 evening tours of Agrigento in Sicily?
- 16 Which church/churches do you recommend seeing
- 17 Paris tipping hotel maids
- 18 Natinoal parks, which one?
- 19 Amsterdam and beyond
- 20 Amsterdam to Alsace
- 21 Vaux le Vicomte and Fontainebleau
- 22 Pompei Excursion from Sorrento? What do you think of this estimate?
- 23 RTVE article on Spain ATM fees
- 24 A wonderful month in France
- 25 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos