I'll be travelling in Italy in late September and early October, alone. When my flight lands in Rome, I'll be taking the express to Termini, then a train to Florence and spending a couple days there, then Pisa for 1/2 day, Siena for 1-1/2 days, a bus back to Florence, train to Naples and surroundings (Pompeii, Herculaneum, Amalfi, Paestum) for a few days, train back to Rome for 10 days, and a flight back home.
Many of the trains will be Trenitalia, with some Circumvesuviana around Pompeii, but there are a few Frecciarossa trains (Rome-Florence, Florence-Naples, Naples-Rome).
I'm hoping it is OK to just buy train tickets at the departure station, because I don't know whether my flight to Rome will be late in arriving, or exactly what time I'll make it to the train station in Florence from my bus trip from Pisa, or what time I'll arrive in Naples train station from my train from Paestum.
Is this plan OK, or do the Frecciarossa sell out, making me buy tickets online in advance to avoid wasting time sitting in train stations for the next train. If I buy in advance and miss the departure, am I out of luck, or is there some provision to let me on the next train?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Assist: Tec^h SUPP0RT YAHOO MAIL CONTACT 1:800:540 :6830 YAHOO dj
- 2 Is skip the queue for Versailles worth it
- 3 Scotland at Christmas itinerary
- 4 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 5 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 6 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #185
- 7 First visit to London
- 8 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 9 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 10 London is it worth it?
- 11 Agriturismo with train access to Florence
- 12 Croatia, Montenegro, Slovenia Itinerary July
- 13 Paris and Normandy
- 14 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 15 Europe in 2 weeks on budget
- 16 Florence or Genoa airport - Flying from Barcelona to get to Cinque Terre?
- 17 Quick 10 day Europe trip
- 18 Help me make this possible!
- 19 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris
- 20 Mobile wifi for Europe travel
- 21 Car Rental
- 22 One evening : Lausanne or Geneve ?
- 23 First Timers Traveling to Italy - Help!
- 24 Awful experience with Ace Car Rental Iceland
- 25 Paris: Museums, food and wine -- May 2017