So I've started my research and find that the more I read the less I know ! I understand the Swiss pass and decided that the flexi pass was the best way to go as far as Switzerland travel. But then I started to look at train travel from Switzerland to two stops in Austria and then on to Munich. Help! You can do a combo of two counties with a Eurail pass but I can't figure out if there were any discounts for other travel in Switzerland with that pass. And what train would we take from Salzburg to Munich and what would that cost? Too many sights and options. Has anyone done any of this and how did it work?! I'd appreciate any and all suggestions.
Train passes in Switzerland vs eurail passes
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bayonne or St Jean de Luz
- 2 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 3 Paris/Prague/Budapest/Zagreb/Nice/Paris
- 4 Bavaria: Santa Claus and Evil Twin Krampus!
- 5 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 6 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 7 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 8 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 9 Luggage storage in Barcelona
- 10 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 11 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why
- 12 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 13 American Express
- 14 Airport ATMs
- 15 Three ferries to Mull
- 16 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 17 Bus Tour with a toddler
- 18 Christmas markets: E Germany, Poland, Prague
- 19 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 20 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 21 The Ghost of Christmas Future visited me..."Lead On"! Paris again...at Christmas.
- 22 All Set To Go!!
- 23 Our October trip to Andalucia!
- 24 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 25 Accommodations in or near Brussels with parking