My travel agent tells me that we would better off to buy a train pass for our next trip.
We want to take the train from Munich-Salzburg, Salzburg-Vienna, Vienna-Praha, Praha-Dresden, and Dresden-Berlin.
The pass is almost 470 $, and she tells me that we might have to shell out additional fees once we are there for seat booking.
I took a look at prices online with DB Bahn, and the prices do look a lot steeper than for our last trip in Italy.
Are tickets cheaper once we are there if we buy them as we go along? Or is the pass really a good deal?
Train pass. Worth it?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 The elusive `Northern Lights` Where I go , they don`t!
- 2 London for Free
- 3 Anyone familiar with these Ile St. Louis apartments?
- 4 Northern Italy for Nature Lovers/Crowd Haters
- 5 Trying to get a handle on our 19 days in Tuscany and Umbria
- 6 Renewing our vows in Venice
- 7 Northern Lights in Scotland??
- 8 Madrid: Historic Homes & Gardens
- 9 Madrid: City Views
- 10 Spain Rental Car Logistics - Barcelona Train Station
- 11 London restaurants
- 12 biking in France
- 13 Music and/or Favorite Day Trips, Barcelona
- 14 Flying Virgin Atlantic Premium Economy to London
- 15 Terrorism in Europe
- 16 Bilbo's wedding in Puglia, what could go wrong?
- 17 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 18 Marche Bastille - Oct Hours and Meet up Location?
- 19 Venice: budget hotel for high school group?
- 20 Three weeks holiday in Turkey
- 21 Ronda or Vejer de la Frontera?
- 22 How to schedule train connection from Frankfurt Airport
- 23 Peggy does Deutschland...
- 24 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 25 Madrid Card or Paseo del Arte pass