My travel agent tells me that we would better off to buy a train pass for our next trip.
We want to take the train from Munich-Salzburg, Salzburg-Vienna, Vienna-Praha, Praha-Dresden, and Dresden-Berlin.
The pass is almost 470 $, and she tells me that we might have to shell out additional fees once we are there for seat booking.
I took a look at prices online with DB Bahn, and the prices do look a lot steeper than for our last trip in Italy.
Are tickets cheaper once we are there if we buy them as we go along? Or is the pass really a good deal?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Velib: Paris' bike-sharing program
- 2 Is Capri worth going to?
- 3 19 day Sicily Oct itinerary --take 2
- 4 Paris - Public Toilets Are a Changing...
- 5 Hotels in Paris
- 6 Planning west-east trip along Alps: Help!
- 7 How to enjoy Paris on a low/moderate budget?
- 8 How do you buy a Camper Van in Europe? Help ME!
- 9 At least 13 dead as flash floods hit the French Riviera
- 10 Tapas in Madrid and other stuff to do
- 11 Phone for GPS in Italy/Europe--T Mobile Simple Choice ? Buy a SIM card?
- 12 The Definitive Guide to Behave Like A Local in Spain
- 13 French Toll Roads Chip & sign Credit Card Payments
- 14 Base for 3 days in Galicia
- 15 Planning a Trip in Scandinavia
- 16 Rugby World Cup - is your team playing?
- 17 Which town-base for Lake Garda
- 18 PARIS and ROME and ???
- 19 2 wks in Sicily - Planning for May 2016
- 20 Educate me about Munich
- 21 Looking for a cooking class in Sorrento
- 22 3 days in the Algarve - May
- 23 Madrid in 2 Days
- 24 Outrageous car rental price in Lofoten, Norway!
- 25 What's your best driving experience in Europe?