My travel agent tells me that we would better off to buy a train pass for our next trip.
We want to take the train from Munich-Salzburg, Salzburg-Vienna, Vienna-Praha, Praha-Dresden, and Dresden-Berlin.
The pass is almost 470 $, and she tells me that we might have to shell out additional fees once we are there for seat booking.
I took a look at prices online with DB Bahn, and the prices do look a lot steeper than for our last trip in Italy.
Are tickets cheaper once we are there if we buy them as we go along? Or is the pass really a good deal?
Train pass. Worth it?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Budgeting - how long can I last!
- 2 The new Vuitton Foundation Museum in Paris
- 3 Last minute trip in Europe 25th Oct - 2nd Nov, interested in joining?
- 4 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 5 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 6 I dream of Europe
- 7 1 month Europe itinerary help for Aug-Sep
- 8 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 9 Ireland or Scotland
- 10 Amsterdam safety concerns - red light district?
- 11 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 12 Autumn in Paris
- 13 Weekend in Norfolk
- 14 Athens at New Years
- 15 Christmas Eve and Day in Munich
- 16 Your Top Tourist Mob Scenes in Europe?
- 17 Visiting Mostar, Bosnia and Kotor, Montenegro from Croatia
- 18 Cotswold Churches
- 19 Young couple - where to stay in London?
- 20 3 weeks in France starting in burgundy
- 21 Anyone used the new airline La Compagnie
- 22 Have you ever stayed in Praiano?
- 23 How much time in Amsterdam?
- 24 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 25 Live ( almost) report from Greece!