My travel agent tells me that we would better off to buy a train pass for our next trip.
We want to take the train from Munich-Salzburg, Salzburg-Vienna, Vienna-Praha, Praha-Dresden, and Dresden-Berlin.
The pass is almost 470 $, and she tells me that we might have to shell out additional fees once we are there for seat booking.
I took a look at prices online with DB Bahn, and the prices do look a lot steeper than for our last trip in Italy.
Are tickets cheaper once we are there if we buy them as we go along? Or is the pass really a good deal?
Train pass. Worth it?
- 1 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 2 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s
- 3 2 Week(ish) Italian Honeymoon Itinerary Help - First Time Europe Travelers
- 4 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 5 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 6 ONE DAY IN PARIS PLEASE HELP!!
- 7 Naples on Christmas Eve--Beluga Bar or George's?
- 8 Alsa Bus between Portugal and Spain
- 9 Sagrada Familia - which tower?
- 10 Two weeks in Northern Italy - what do you think of our outline?
- 11 First time traveler to Ireland
- 12 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 13 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 14 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 15 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 16 Prague - must see
- 17 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 18 Spain - Andalucia
- 19 Car in Prague
- 20 Euro Train
- 21 My first visit to Ireland, next year.
- 22 Need info on smoking in Dijon area
- 23 Lucerne & Zurich
- 24 Banking for semester in London; what to do US students do?
- 25 Turkey Experts: Need Itinerary help - mostly with order of trip