My travel agent tells me that we would better off to buy a train pass for our next trip.
We want to take the train from Munich-Salzburg, Salzburg-Vienna, Vienna-Praha, Praha-Dresden, and Dresden-Berlin.
The pass is almost 470 $, and she tells me that we might have to shell out additional fees once we are there for seat booking.
I took a look at prices online with DB Bahn, and the prices do look a lot steeper than for our last trip in Italy.
Are tickets cheaper once we are there if we buy them as we go along? Or is the pass really a good deal?
Train pass. Worth it?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Two Weeks in France, reposting TR
- 2 Pasteurized Cheese in Paris
- 3 Budget family trip to Europe
- 4 Honeymoon in Provence - 14 day itinerary help please
- 5 5 Observations About Paris
- 6 FCO-area hotel advice, family of 4 with young children
- 7 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 8 How to decide where to go in Europe
- 9 Euro Trivia quiz #17 - People and Places #2
- 10 Berlin
- 11 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 12 Airport ATMs
- 13 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 14 Travelling from Paris to Madrid
- 15 Northern Italy Itinerary Help
- 16 Help! Italy & France and Italy-Two Weeks?
- 17 Dining at the Eiffel Tower: 58 Tour Eiffel Restaurant Review
- 18 Toulouse & Paris Day Trips
- 19 Dordogne & Lot Day Hiking
- 20 By train to and out of Prague
- 21 Huge New 5,000 Year Old Underground City Excavated in Cappadocia
- 22 history museums or locations
- 23 Scuol, Switzerland
- 24 Last-minute detour to Paris: a 4-day live trip report
- 25 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews