My travel agent tells me that we would better off to buy a train pass for our next trip.
We want to take the train from Munich-Salzburg, Salzburg-Vienna, Vienna-Praha, Praha-Dresden, and Dresden-Berlin.
The pass is almost 470 $, and she tells me that we might have to shell out additional fees once we are there for seat booking.
I took a look at prices online with DB Bahn, and the prices do look a lot steeper than for our last trip in Italy.
Are tickets cheaper once we are there if we buy them as we go along? Or is the pass really a good deal?
Train pass. Worth it?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Puglia--need hotel for last 2 nites HELP trip is coming up
- 2 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 3 Two bedroom apt in Venice?
- 4 Passport Delays
- 5 England, Scotland, Ireland, and France... Where do I start?! (three weeks)
- 6 Travel to Romania Transilvania Tours
- 7 Thinking of Minori as "home base"?
- 8 International driving permit required in France?
- 9 Italy Itinerary help - leaving in <2 weeks
- 10 specific question about my possible trip to europe with Schengen law
- 11 Confused about tipping in Swiss restaurants
- 12 Message for Ackislander
- 13 Crete Chania and the Libyan Sea villages
- 14 Ideas for Shropshire Please
- 15 White Christmas in the Alps for Aussie non-skiers
- 16 Impressions of Bad Tolz?
- 17 PRIVATE GUIDES IN ITALY--MASTER LIST
- 18 Madrid—Portugal—Northern Spain—Barcelona by car, need an itinerary...
- 19 Netherlands Delta Works
- 20 Hotel in Rome?
- 21 Cotswolds village base
- 22 Amalfi Coast vs Greece
- 23 Sim Card for Data Plan
- 24 Itinerary help Geneva, Lausanne , Montreux or Vevey
- 25 Photography Trip Ideas in Eastern Europe