My travel agent tells me that we would better off to buy a train pass for our next trip.
We want to take the train from Munich-Salzburg, Salzburg-Vienna, Vienna-Praha, Praha-Dresden, and Dresden-Berlin.
The pass is almost 470 $, and she tells me that we might have to shell out additional fees once we are there for seat booking.
I took a look at prices online with DB Bahn, and the prices do look a lot steeper than for our last trip in Italy.
Are tickets cheaper once we are there if we buy them as we go along? Or is the pass really a good deal?
Train pass. Worth it?
- 1 Medieval Tallinn
- 2 Hungary and Czech Republic
- 3 Ireland in a week
- 4 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 5 A full week in The Netherlands
- 6 San Sebastian and 2 day trips into France...lodging and places to see
- 7 Venice 3 days Itinerary.
- 8 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 9 Madrid to Sevilla
- 10 Bus shuttle from MXP to Milan Centrale Station
- 11 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 12 Dawdling Through the Dordogne
- 13 Le Marche and Rome - Part 3 - Recanati
- 14 Orvieto ro Pompei day trip in late December?
- 15 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 16 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 17 Please help with this Switzerland/Italy itinerary
- 18 To Paris and Provence in June
- 19 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 20 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 21 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 22 Going to Puglia, I hope
- 23 7 days in Andalucia
- 24 Travelling to Amalfi Coast in April 2014
- 25 Scandinavia Itinerary