My travel agent tells me that we would better off to buy a train pass for our next trip.
We want to take the train from Munich-Salzburg, Salzburg-Vienna, Vienna-Praha, Praha-Dresden, and Dresden-Berlin.
The pass is almost 470 $, and she tells me that we might have to shell out additional fees once we are there for seat booking.
I took a look at prices online with DB Bahn, and the prices do look a lot steeper than for our last trip in Italy.
Are tickets cheaper once we are there if we buy them as we go along? Or is the pass really a good deal?
Train pass. Worth it?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 2 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 3 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?
- 4 Budget for 3 Month's
- 5 Ideas for Scotland trip
- 6 Italian cooking classes
- 7 Best place to stay with car in Lake Como/Maggiore
- 8 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 9 Italy/France 22 day Itinerary - Help Please
- 10 Back from Budapest- Report Including Eger, Szentendre and London
- 11 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 12 London visit
- 13 Questions for my German friends
- 14 Bavaria & Dolomites
- 15 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 16 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel
- 17 21 Days in Central Europe
- 18 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 19 Driving through southern Germany, would you book accomodation in advance?
- 20 Chip but no PIN
- 21 Who has stayed at a Citadines Paris property?
- 22 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich
- 23 Cornwall Trip Addition
- 24 Madrid and London
- 25 Connecting with forum locals in Paris