My travel agent tells me that we would better off to buy a train pass for our next trip.
We want to take the train from Munich-Salzburg, Salzburg-Vienna, Vienna-Praha, Praha-Dresden, and Dresden-Berlin.
The pass is almost 470 $, and she tells me that we might have to shell out additional fees once we are there for seat booking.
I took a look at prices online with DB Bahn, and the prices do look a lot steeper than for our last trip in Italy.
Are tickets cheaper once we are there if we buy them as we go along? Or is the pass really a good deal?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Snakes on a Plane? Our Thanksgiving in Paris!
- 2 Hamam Istanbul?
- 3 Scotland Trip
- 4 Rue des Rosiers
- 5 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 6 Christmas in London (& Paris)
- 7 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 8 First Trip to Europe!
- 9 Paris Under Seige...
- 10 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 11 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 12 Fabulous Greece-Santorini, Naxos and Athens
- 13 visa appointment experience
- 14 Purchasing Italian train tickets from USA!
- 15 Switzerland in mid-April
- 16 What to take to Germany
- 17 CAPITALIZING ON THE CAPITALS: Central Europe
- 18 thursdaysd Wanders South
- 19 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 20 Cinque Terre Hiking Trails?
- 21 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 22 Bergen/Tromso/Lofoten
- 23 How to go from bergen train station to bergen airport?
- 24 Barcelona to Bordeaux and back in two weeks
- 25 Pyrenees villages sth of Lourdes