My travel agent tells me that we would better off to buy a train pass for our next trip.
We want to take the train from Munich-Salzburg, Salzburg-Vienna, Vienna-Praha, Praha-Dresden, and Dresden-Berlin.
The pass is almost 470 $, and she tells me that we might have to shell out additional fees once we are there for seat booking.
I took a look at prices online with DB Bahn, and the prices do look a lot steeper than for our last trip in Italy.
Are tickets cheaper once we are there if we buy them as we go along? Or is the pass really a good deal?
Train pass. Worth it?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Stay in Bayeux or Honfleur
- 2 Sardinia, near Olbia
- 3 Study Abroad: Amsterdam vs Berlin vs Prague
- 4 Spending money in Italy?
- 5 Moving to Bayswater (London) - How is the neighborhood?
- 6 How can I organize my own Language Exchange trip Abroad
- 7 Rioja in one day on way to Basque
- 8 staying a month or so in each place
- 9 nice, affordable hotel in Ljubljana
- 10 Sky diving in Barcelona
- 11 3 weeks in Europe
- 12 Turin To Toulon late Aug/Early Sept
- 13 2 day break from London: Edinburgh, Dublin, Luxembourg, Paris, York?
- 14 Premier Inn in Edinburgh, City Center, UK
- 15 First trip we lost a car, this trip we lose a lady
- 16 Beer baths, bears and bespoke cocktails in the Beskydy mountains.
- 17 Copenhagen, Bergen, Stockholm, Estonia and Helsinki Getting Around
- 18 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 19 5 days in Florence - how would you do it?
- 20 10 days in England
- 21 Eight tips on buying wine in a French supermarket
- 22 FIRST TRIP TO PARIS/ITALY
- 23 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!
- 24 2 full days in Strasbourg - need advise on what tours to take
- 25 Paris: A Classical Music Concert