My travel agent tells me that we would better off to buy a train pass for our next trip.
We want to take the train from Munich-Salzburg, Salzburg-Vienna, Vienna-Praha, Praha-Dresden, and Dresden-Berlin.
The pass is almost 470 $, and she tells me that we might have to shell out additional fees once we are there for seat booking.
I took a look at prices online with DB Bahn, and the prices do look a lot steeper than for our last trip in Italy.
Are tickets cheaper once we are there if we buy them as we go along? Or is the pass really a good deal?
Train pass. Worth it?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 2 Gift for French business associate
- 3 Aix En Provence to Marsilles or Nice for a few days?
- 4 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche
- 5 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 6 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 7 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.
- 8 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 9 Madrid: Atmospheric Old Taverns
- 10 Hurtigruten Cruise excursions alternatives, coast of Norway
- 11 Can you be fined on the spot for falling off a scooter in Croatia
- 12 Gtg San Antonio
- 13 Rental car return -> Taxi at Barcelona Airport
- 14 Haarlem Holland - Hotels or B&Bs
- 15 1 week Tuscany in November
- 16 help- newbies to international travel- Italy logistics
- 17 White Christmas
- 18 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 19 Family of 4 considering living abroad for 1 or 2 years. Advice?
- 20 Madrid: Must Try Local Food & Drink
- 21 Has anyone used a Tour Guide in Sicily?
- 22 venice, the dolomites, and the italian lakes - in 1 week
- 23 Once Again Asking .... This Time Ireland
- 24 Scotland Votes "No"
- 25 Looking for Suggestions - 12 Day Agenda for Greece