My travel agent tells me that we would better off to buy a train pass for our next trip.
We want to take the train from Munich-Salzburg, Salzburg-Vienna, Vienna-Praha, Praha-Dresden, and Dresden-Berlin.
The pass is almost 470 $, and she tells me that we might have to shell out additional fees once we are there for seat booking.
I took a look at prices online with DB Bahn, and the prices do look a lot steeper than for our last trip in Italy.
Are tickets cheaper once we are there if we buy them as we go along? Or is the pass really a good deal?
Train pass. Worth it?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train from Barcelona to Madrid
- 2 Venice to Milan train tickets (for August travel) sold out already?
- 3 Manchester or Heathrow?
- 4 Getting from London to Southhampton
- 5 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 6 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 7 campsite availability in peak season - Spain/Portgual/France
- 8 3 AM Arrival in Santorini OK?
- 9 West Ireland with 81 year old mother - Pls Review Itinerary
- 10 21 Days in Central Europe
- 11 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 12 Rome to Pisa or Bologna to Pisa-Train...Help needed!
- 13 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 14 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich
- 15 best time to book accommodation
- 16 Madrid Tapas Tour
- 17 Oktoberfest reservations
- 18 Experience with car service "Paris Cab" and others that have carseats?
- 19 How to get from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord?
- 20 No points in Paris .....
- 21 Getting to San Seb from Madrid
- 22 Advice for budget trip to Venice, espec trains & Groupons
- 23 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 24 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 25 Pronunciation