My travel agent tells me that we would better off to buy a train pass for our next trip.
We want to take the train from Munich-Salzburg, Salzburg-Vienna, Vienna-Praha, Praha-Dresden, and Dresden-Berlin.
The pass is almost 470 $, and she tells me that we might have to shell out additional fees once we are there for seat booking.
I took a look at prices online with DB Bahn, and the prices do look a lot steeper than for our last trip in Italy.
Are tickets cheaper once we are there if we buy them as we go along? Or is the pass really a good deal?
Train pass. Worth it?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 PLEASE HELP! Study Abroad either Rome or London for Journalism/PR Major
- 2 Our completely revamped, circular tour of Andalucia--more help, please!
- 3 Taxi / tour guides from Granada airport
- 4 at what point should one get health insurance
- 5 Recommendations for city break with baby
- 6 Inexpensive Restaurant in Zurich
- 7 4 Months in Europe
- 8 Spain in November
- 9 Travel Cards / just made a $70 mistake?
- 10 Barcelona Hotels, Looking for recommendations
- 11 Paris: Picasso Museum reopens, Finally
- 12 Southern Spain - What to SEE, what to BUY - what NOT to miss
- 13 Help with Italy itinerary (18 days: Rome, Umbria, Puglia, Amalfi?)
- 14 Easyjet; Vueling; Ryanair "Carryon" Question
- 15 Ventimiglia to Trieste
- 16 Milan at the end of September
- 17 Dxb St. Juery Schaffhausen
- 18 Ellen & Stu Dudley's trip to the Ile de Re & the Loire.
- 19 Italy Travelogue, part I (Rome)
- 20 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 21 Good book about 20th C. European history?
- 22 Tipping in the UK
- 23 floods in Andalucia
- 24 What to do when your intra-Europe flight gets delayed?
- 25 Traffic Violation from Italy