My travel agent tells me that we would better off to buy a train pass for our next trip.
We want to take the train from Munich-Salzburg, Salzburg-Vienna, Vienna-Praha, Praha-Dresden, and Dresden-Berlin.
The pass is almost 470 $, and she tells me that we might have to shell out additional fees once we are there for seat booking.
I took a look at prices online with DB Bahn, and the prices do look a lot steeper than for our last trip in Italy.
Are tickets cheaper once we are there if we buy them as we go along? Or is the pass really a good deal?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with recommendations in Croatia
- 2 Barcelona Itinerary
- 3 Where to go in Southern Italy in December?
- 4 Thalys seat assignment hassle
- 5 Where to go after Romania...or should I spend whole trip there?
- 6 Spain
- 7 Oh no, yet another Alhambra ticket-timing question
- 8 7 Days, 7 Counties, 3 Generations Southwest Sampler
- 9 Dubrovnik City Wall Walk - Hours?
- 10 Paris Visite pass
- 11 Scandinavia Trip in August
- 12 Do Franprix or Monoprix stores offer delivery services?
- 13 Honeymoon in Europe Nov-Dec2015
- 14 Brugges to Bayeux to Versailles
- 15 Pegontheroad in eastern Europe
- 16 2 days in Alsace
- 17 Need hotel recs for Munich and SOM country
- 18 Hours for Accademia -- Florence
- 19 Northern Italy - Milan or Italian Lake District
- 20 Rail Itinerary around Northern/Central Italy
- 21 Railpass VS Point-to-Point
- 22 Help in Planning Train Schedule Milan/Florence/Rome/Milan
- 23 Referendum in Greece
- 24 Gibraltar-is it worth a stop?
- 25 Schengen-Student Study Abroad-Student Visa Problems