My travel agent tells me that we would better off to buy a train pass for our next trip.
We want to take the train from Munich-Salzburg, Salzburg-Vienna, Vienna-Praha, Praha-Dresden, and Dresden-Berlin.
The pass is almost 470 $, and she tells me that we might have to shell out additional fees once we are there for seat booking.
I took a look at prices online with DB Bahn, and the prices do look a lot steeper than for our last trip in Italy.
Are tickets cheaper once we are there if we buy them as we go along? Or is the pass really a good deal?
Train pass. Worth it?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 2 San Marino - The world's smallest country
- 3 Air pollution in Paris
- 4 France, Italy and Greec
- 5 gites de france or agritourism
- 6 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 7 Solo Scotland May 2014
- 8 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 9 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 10 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 11 Euro Geography Quiz #2 - How Well Do You Know Europe?
- 12 Venice - guided boat/tour trips in winter?
- 13 Trains in Italy
- 14 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 15 Nice or Marseille??
- 16 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 17 Dresden or Leipzig
- 18 Chilling in the Cyclades May 2014--Mykonos, Naxos, Paros, Santorini, Athens
- 19 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 20 Are 9 Days Too Much for the Dordogne?
- 21 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 22 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 23 Transfer from Linate to Bellagio
- 24 ACP Rail -- any info?
- 25 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report