My travel agent tells me that we would better off to buy a train pass for our next trip.
We want to take the train from Munich-Salzburg, Salzburg-Vienna, Vienna-Praha, Praha-Dresden, and Dresden-Berlin.
The pass is almost 470 $, and she tells me that we might have to shell out additional fees once we are there for seat booking.
I took a look at prices online with DB Bahn, and the prices do look a lot steeper than for our last trip in Italy.
Are tickets cheaper once we are there if we buy them as we go along? Or is the pass really a good deal?
Train pass. Worth it?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Benefits of Living in an HOA Community of the Cindy Shearin Group
- 2 Cordoba -- What to do on a Monday?
- 3 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 4 Better to return car in Orvieto or airport Fiumicino (in Rome)
- 5 Italy for 3 in 12 days
- 6 recommendations for budget hotels - West End, Covent Garden, Bloomsbury
- 7 Hut to hut hiking in Bavarian alps
- 8 Best Time of Day and Vantage Point for Seven Sisters
- 9 Estonia Amber
- 10 My Italy Itinerary for July 2014
- 11 Airfare for summer travel to Europe
- 12 Quick notes from 2 weeks in Turkey
- 13 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 14 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 15 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 16 UK for 12 days !
- 17 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 18 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 19 Hungary - Budapest Eger Szentendre photo gallery and tourist attractions
- 20 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 21 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 22 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 23 Madrid or Toledo on May 1st - holiday
- 24 French embassy schengen visa related questions
- 25 St Pancras to Holburn tube station