My travel agent tells me that we would better off to buy a train pass for our next trip.
We want to take the train from Munich-Salzburg, Salzburg-Vienna, Vienna-Praha, Praha-Dresden, and Dresden-Berlin.
The pass is almost 470 $, and she tells me that we might have to shell out additional fees once we are there for seat booking.
I took a look at prices online with DB Bahn, and the prices do look a lot steeper than for our last trip in Italy.
Are tickets cheaper once we are there if we buy them as we go along? Or is the pass really a good deal?
Train pass. Worth it?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bregenz or Lindau
- 2 best transfer from Paris CDG to Paris hotel St Germain
- 3 Your Top Tourist Mob Scenes in Europe?
- 4 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir
- 5 Blackpool Lights 2014: Tripping the Lights Fantastic in Northern England!
- 6 Italy and Croatia
- 7 Garmisch Partenkirchen : Help pick a guest house/pension
- 8 Rome Italy air and land tour packages
- 9 Barcelona/Andalucia
- 10 Young couple - where to stay in London?
- 11 1 month Europe itinerary help for Aug-Sep
- 12 Spain, best travel route between Madrid & Barcelona?
- 13 Provence or Alsace in late March
- 14 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 15 Checking or storing luggage at FCO
- 16 The new Vuitton Foundation Museum in Paris
- 17 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 18 Weekend in Norfolk
- 19 Help with Southern France & Italy Itinerary
- 20 Best beach town in Italy?
- 21 Need Advice: 9 Days in Portugal in March
- 22 A Greek sojourn
- 23 NEED ADVICE: 2 Months in Italy, 1 Month through Spain, Greece, and France
- 24 Bollywood in Berlin -- with English subs
- 25 Rome Underground Sites to Visit - Any Suggestions?