My travel agent tells me that we would better off to buy a train pass for our next trip.
We want to take the train from Munich-Salzburg, Salzburg-Vienna, Vienna-Praha, Praha-Dresden, and Dresden-Berlin.
The pass is almost 470 $, and she tells me that we might have to shell out additional fees once we are there for seat booking.
I took a look at prices online with DB Bahn, and the prices do look a lot steeper than for our last trip in Italy.
Are tickets cheaper once we are there if we buy them as we go along? Or is the pass really a good deal?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 2 Springtime (Hopefully) in Copenhagen
- 3 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 4 10 days Berner Oberland, Lake Geneva. Chamonix, yes or no
- 5 ALMERIA - 1 Day Excusions
- 6 Morocco to Spain Border Crossing
- 7 2 weeks Europe trip
- 8 Uffizi and Accademia Gallery Florence
- 9 Dublin Leap Card
- 10 Bouldering in Fountainebleau
- 11 13 days Sweden-Norway-Denmark itinerary help
- 12 Getting from Positano to Rome
- 13 ST.TROPEZ - 1 day Excursions
- 14 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 15 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 16 Restaurant suggestions in Lyon France? Overwhelmed!
- 17 FERRY : ISCHIA to CAPRI (and ISCHIA-SORRENTO)
- 18 Advice on apartment in Spain and location
- 19 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 20 ALICANTE - 1 Day Excursions
- 21 mountain views near London
- 22 Need Help with German Train Schedule
- 23 Piedmont as a destination
- 24 Thalys ticket, please advice.
- 25 Cordoba Overnight?