My travel agent tells me that we would better off to buy a train pass for our next trip.
We want to take the train from Munich-Salzburg, Salzburg-Vienna, Vienna-Praha, Praha-Dresden, and Dresden-Berlin.
The pass is almost 470 $, and she tells me that we might have to shell out additional fees once we are there for seat booking.
I took a look at prices online with DB Bahn, and the prices do look a lot steeper than for our last trip in Italy.
Are tickets cheaper once we are there if we buy them as we go along? Or is the pass really a good deal?
Train pass. Worth it?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Family trip to France with kids
- 2 Europe in June with 8-year old
- 3 where to stay in Lake Como in mid-May?
- 4 More time in Colmar/Strasbourg vs a day for Reims or Chartes
- 5 help please: draft itinery trip to andalucia with DD(11&14) in april
- 6 Leaving Tomorrow need some last minute advice
- 7 Northwestern Switzerland Fall 2014
- 8 Mâché aux Puces from Garibaldi metro
- 9 Restaurant Recommendations - Pula or Rovinj
- 10 A week in spain
- 11 Family travel to Paris and Alps
- 12 Private driver Amalfi Coast
- 13 Lyon, Beaune, or Dijon as stopover from Antibes to Colmar?
- 14 One night somewhere between Zurich and Geneva
- 15 Advice on Romania Itinerary
- 16 Paris Shopping - stationery, linens, hats, kitchen stuff
- 17 Europe Quiz: Wednesday # 68 - Jews in Europe
- 18 Train from Rome Airport FCO to Florence
- 19 13 Day Trip to Italy
- 20 Hotel in Lisbon
- 21 Medieval Dinner other than Bunratty
- 22 Napoli logistics
- 23 Central Europe - 16 Days
- 24 Where to honeymoon in Southern France and Northern Italy?
- 25 RER B & D change at G du Nord or Chatelet?