My travel agent tells me that we would better off to buy a train pass for our next trip.
We want to take the train from Munich-Salzburg, Salzburg-Vienna, Vienna-Praha, Praha-Dresden, and Dresden-Berlin.
The pass is almost 470 $, and she tells me that we might have to shell out additional fees once we are there for seat booking.
I took a look at prices online with DB Bahn, and the prices do look a lot steeper than for our last trip in Italy.
Are tickets cheaper once we are there if we buy them as we go along? Or is the pass really a good deal?
Train pass. Worth it?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich
- 2 Italy-Rome-Florence-Venice-CT-PievePelego-Help with order of travel
- 3 Ryanair Cabin Luggage
- 4 Eatwith - dine with locals
- 5 What still confounds you about travel?
- 6 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 7 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?
- 8 Dining at the Eiffel Tower
- 9 Help with Itinerary please!!!!
- 10 Santorini
- 11 1 week in Switzerland with 18 year old son
- 12 Advice on Two Week Itinerary Please! (London,Paris,Luxembourg,Brussels)
- 13 Foie gras, redux
- 14 Must see in Dubrovnik
- 15 Questions for my German friends
- 16 Chip but no PIN
- 17 Planning first Solo Backpacking in Europe!
- 18 Best route from Pamukkale to Fethiye by car
- 19 Planning 17 days Italy - Switzerland - Germany
- 20 Advance Tickets Segrada Familia - Barcelona
- 21 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 22 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 23 Prague, Budapest & Croatia +Krakow?
- 24 Airport to Piraeus
- 25 Train to Airport in Venice