My travel agent tells me that we would better off to buy a train pass for our next trip.
We want to take the train from Munich-Salzburg, Salzburg-Vienna, Vienna-Praha, Praha-Dresden, and Dresden-Berlin.
The pass is almost 470 $, and she tells me that we might have to shell out additional fees once we are there for seat booking.
I took a look at prices online with DB Bahn, and the prices do look a lot steeper than for our last trip in Italy.
Are tickets cheaper once we are there if we buy them as we go along? Or is the pass really a good deal?
Train pass. Worth it?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Avignon to London?
- 2 Where can I find a driver for a day around Paris?
- 3 A drive in Europe
- 4 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 5 Venice
- 6 Last day in Italy with kids, Bologna or Venice?
- 7 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 8 A Win At the Arc and Discovering Lisbon
- 9 Sicily - Palermo, Cefalu, Taormina, Syracuse, Agrigento
- 10 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 11 Traveling to Munich
- 12 Day trips from Marseille
- 13 London tube
- 14 Sim Card for Data Plan
- 15 cooking classes
- 16 Nairn to Edinburgh to home - route and where to stay
- 17 Paris Prix de L'Arc de Triomphe
- 18 Need to visit a hospital in Athens
- 19 Zurich, Switzerland
- 20 Day trip from London to Paris
- 21 Europe in 21 days
- 22 Hotel or Apartment Hotel for 2 adults + 2 children (7 and 12)
- 23 Honeymoon Destinations for December 2014
- 24 Yearly Greece visitor looking for different island
- 25 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?