My travel agent tells me that we would better off to buy a train pass for our next trip.
We want to take the train from Munich-Salzburg, Salzburg-Vienna, Vienna-Praha, Praha-Dresden, and Dresden-Berlin.
The pass is almost 470 $, and she tells me that we might have to shell out additional fees once we are there for seat booking.
I took a look at prices online with DB Bahn, and the prices do look a lot steeper than for our last trip in Italy.
Are tickets cheaper once we are there if we buy them as we go along? Or is the pass really a good deal?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Munich to Milan via train
- 2 Trip Report: Bellagio, Milan, Venice, Cinque Terre and Piedmont
- 3 Beautiful Engadin is suffering
- 4 cable cars at Wank Mountain
- 5 air conditioning
- 6 Paris Visite pass
- 7 Cheap buses in Germany/Austria
- 8 Need help with Switzerland and Italy iterinary
- 9 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 10 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 11 Turkey Draft Itinerary
- 12 My northern Italy itinerary - your comments are appreciated!
- 13 Pegontheroad in eastern Europe
- 14 Barcelona sites: attire
- 15 Self-driving in Iceland
- 16 Ann Frank House
- 17 Amalfi Coast restaurants...are dinner reservations a must?
- 18 What company to rent a AUTOMATIC car in France?
- 19 First trip to Ireland--won't be the last!
- 20 Travelling from Marseille Airport into the city
- 21 Trip Report: Eight Days in Amsterdam and Belgium
- 22 Slovenia & Croatia itinerary help
- 23 Referendum in Greece
- 24 Germany Itinerary suggestions please
- 25 Visa D - Student or Tourist?