My travel agent tells me that we would better off to buy a train pass for our next trip.
We want to take the train from Munich-Salzburg, Salzburg-Vienna, Vienna-Praha, Praha-Dresden, and Dresden-Berlin.
The pass is almost 470 $, and she tells me that we might have to shell out additional fees once we are there for seat booking.
I took a look at prices online with DB Bahn, and the prices do look a lot steeper than for our last trip in Italy.
Are tickets cheaper once we are there if we buy them as we go along? Or is the pass really a good deal?
Train pass. Worth it?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Foie gras, redux
- 2 Transportation from Airport in Reykjavik to downtown hotel
- 3 Cooking classes in Belgium
- 4 Back from Budapest- Report Including Eger, Szentendre and London
- 5 Southern France
- 6 The Times reveals secret best beaches: mediterranean
- 7 Advance Tickest from Piraeus to Islands?
- 8 West Ireland with 81 year old mother - Pls Review Itinerary
- 9 italy
- 10 Any experience with Cave Lodging in Loire Valley?
- 11 3 AM Arrival in Santorini OK?
- 12 London in 3 days! Help with lodging, please!
- 13 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 14 Portugal with a 3 year old and 1 year old
- 15 Advice on Two Week Itinerary Please! (London,Paris,Luxembourg,Brussels)
- 16 Trip to Italy with teenagers
- 17 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?
- 18 Which town to stay at in Lake Como?
- 19 What to wear
- 20 What still confounds you about travel?
- 21 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 22 Any experiences with Airbnb?
- 23 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 24 Rome to Pisa or Bologna to Pisa-Train...Help needed!
- 25 Pronunciation