My travel agent tells me that we would better off to buy a train pass for our next trip.
We want to take the train from Munich-Salzburg, Salzburg-Vienna, Vienna-Praha, Praha-Dresden, and Dresden-Berlin.
The pass is almost 470 $, and she tells me that we might have to shell out additional fees once we are there for seat booking.
I took a look at prices online with DB Bahn, and the prices do look a lot steeper than for our last trip in Italy.
Are tickets cheaper once we are there if we buy them as we go along? Or is the pass really a good deal?
Train pass. Worth it?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Iwango went…to Nice
- 2 Need Advice! Munich to Strasbourg to Paris
- 3 Greece and Italy in 20 days
- 4 Northern Italy Itinerary Help
- 5 Euro Trivia Quiz #16
- 6 How to decide where to go in Europe
- 7 Northern Europe in April-May
- 8 A Duty Nobly Done — Anselm and Margriet in Flanders and Picardy
- 9 “… I fear’d to set my foot upon a dead man’s cheek” - Anselm in northern France
- 10 Help ... bus from Cappadocia (Kayseri) to Antalya or Fethiye
- 11 Brisighella or Castelvetro di Modena Lodgings in Emilia Romagna
- 12 For those interested in visiting WW I sites in France
- 13 Airport ATMs
- 14 caroline_venezia
- 15 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 16 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 17 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 18 8 Days in Switzerland for the non skier
- 19 Help with itinerary for girls trip to Swizterland
- 20 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 21 First time to Switzerland
- 22 Visiting the Azores Islands (Portugal) LOVELY LOVELY Experiences
- 23 Italy dolomites
- 24 6 additional days starting from Munich in April - recommendations?
- 25 First time Ireland trip