My travel agent tells me that we would better off to buy a train pass for our next trip.
We want to take the train from Munich-Salzburg, Salzburg-Vienna, Vienna-Praha, Praha-Dresden, and Dresden-Berlin.
The pass is almost 470 $, and she tells me that we might have to shell out additional fees once we are there for seat booking.
I took a look at prices online with DB Bahn, and the prices do look a lot steeper than for our last trip in Italy.
Are tickets cheaper once we are there if we buy them as we go along? Or is the pass really a good deal?
Train pass. Worth it?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 2 Italy Apartment What To Bring
- 3 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 4 Seeking guidance on 14 day first time trip to Ireland
- 5 North of Spain from Bilbao
- 6 day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 7 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 8 Paris in April?
- 9 First solo trip to Europe - destination advice
- 10 Prague - Tram #22
- 11 A drive in Europe
- 12 Questions on Ferry from Bodrum to Rhodes
- 13 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 14 car rental companies Italy
- 15 Edinburgh To St. Andrews
- 16 Amalfi transport to Pompeii ruins
- 17 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 18 Toulouse and beyond -
- 19 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 20 Where to watch World Cup in Berlin
- 21 driving map for Croatia and BiH
- 22 Palm Sunday in Paris
- 23 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 24 Small group tour for Vatican and Colosseum/Forum, ? catacombs
- 25 Germany driving itinerary starting questions