My travel agent tells me that we would better off to buy a train pass for our next trip.
We want to take the train from Munich-Salzburg, Salzburg-Vienna, Vienna-Praha, Praha-Dresden, and Dresden-Berlin.
The pass is almost 470 $, and she tells me that we might have to shell out additional fees once we are there for seat booking.
I took a look at prices online with DB Bahn, and the prices do look a lot steeper than for our last trip in Italy.
Are tickets cheaper once we are there if we buy them as we go along? Or is the pass really a good deal?
Train pass. Worth it?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 One Week in Amsterdam with Children
- 2 Lake Como or Lake Maggiore for beauty and nature
- 3 Scotland 4 days / 5 nights - Itinerary ideas?!
- 4 6 Days in Italy - all in Rome or divide it between Rome and Florence?
- 5 Rocamaxour
- 6 Dordogne lodging
- 7 Dordogne prehistoric sites
- 8 Need advice for Madrid/ Castilla Leon / Basque / Aveiro
- 9 BUGA 2015 (Floral festival in Brandenburg) transportation
- 10 finally, an itinerary that seems ok..but still not sure
- 11 Auto Tours of Amalfi Coast
- 12 Un Coup de Foudre - Falling in Love with France in 8 Days
- 13 Destination Benson; help with 2 options, please
- 14 Visiting Bastogne and nearby - should I stay there or Liege or elsewhere?
- 15 22 days in Amsterdam, Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- 16 Summer Interrupted; Christmas in Germany & Switzerland
- 17 Potential return trip to Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 18 Looking for 5* Beach Resort
- 19 Ediburgh lodging - July.
- 20 England in 7 days
- 21 5 PM Opera at La Scala on a Sunday night
- 22 A guide to Copenhagen.
- 23 6-Week Europe Itinerary - Thoughts and Suggestions?
- 24 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 25 Quiet beach town in Italy?