My travel agent tells me that we would better off to buy a train pass for our next trip.
We want to take the train from Munich-Salzburg, Salzburg-Vienna, Vienna-Praha, Praha-Dresden, and Dresden-Berlin.
The pass is almost 470 $, and she tells me that we might have to shell out additional fees once we are there for seat booking.
I took a look at prices online with DB Bahn, and the prices do look a lot steeper than for our last trip in Italy.
Are tickets cheaper once we are there if we buy them as we go along? Or is the pass really a good deal?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What to take to Germany
- 2 Bergen/Tromso/Lofoten
- 3 Restaurant for New Year's Eve in PARIS
- 4 Denied entry to UK; could this give me problems going to Estonia?
- 5 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 6 One day cruise stop Catania Sicily Trip Report
- 7 Holiday in Austria
- 8 Suggest the best land-based casino in Central London
- 9 Must be the season of the witch: Nikki's autumn trip to London and Paris
- 10 Frankfurt to (insert ideads here) then to the Mosel region
- 11 4 week trip Turkey
- 12 Need Help with Locations of Naples Apartments
- 13 Italy with my 22 year old son
- 14 Edinburgh apartment choice, please advise
- 15 Scotland Trip
- 16 where to visit besides Oslo for 2 days 1 night in mid december
- 17 What one thing in Paris?
- 18 Restaurant Booking sites which one to use, if any, in Spain?
- 19 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 20 Golden sunsets in Tver and Torjor
- 21 An Escape from Turkish Chaos to Everyday Venice
- 22 Snakes on a Plane? Our Thanksgiving in Paris!
- 23 Paris Under Seige...
- 24 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 25 Cinque Terre day trip in about 3 weeks