My travel agent tells me that we would better off to buy a train pass for our next trip.
We want to take the train from Munich-Salzburg, Salzburg-Vienna, Vienna-Praha, Praha-Dresden, and Dresden-Berlin.
The pass is almost 470 $, and she tells me that we might have to shell out additional fees once we are there for seat booking.
I took a look at prices online with DB Bahn, and the prices do look a lot steeper than for our last trip in Italy.
Are tickets cheaper once we are there if we buy them as we go along? Or is the pass really a good deal?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best Barcelona neighborhood
- 2 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 3 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 4 One night in the Dolomites
- 5 Vatican tour
- 6 Cap Ferrat, Antibe, Luberon?
- 7 Places to stop/stay?
- 8 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 9 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 10 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 11 Rome hotel
- 12 First visit to London
- 13 Route Information
- 14 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 15 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 16 Villa in Italy
- 17 Madrid and Andalucia Itinerary and Travel Advice
- 18 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 19 International drivers permit
- 20 Seeking scenic route from Bala, Wales to london
- 21 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 22 Croatia Intinerary August 2017
- 23 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 24 TSA Precheck
- 25 First Trip to Italy- Help!