My travel agent tells me that we would better off to buy a train pass for our next trip.
We want to take the train from Munich-Salzburg, Salzburg-Vienna, Vienna-Praha, Praha-Dresden, and Dresden-Berlin.
The pass is almost 470 $, and she tells me that we might have to shell out additional fees once we are there for seat booking.
I took a look at prices online with DB Bahn, and the prices do look a lot steeper than for our last trip in Italy.
Are tickets cheaper once we are there if we buy them as we go along? Or is the pass really a good deal?
Train pass. Worth it?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 2 Phone for in-country calls in Greece
- 3 Best French Onion Soup in Paris
- 4 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 5 Munich to Lyon (10 nights) --- help needed with itinerary please
- 6 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 7 Southern Spain wth family in 1 week by car
- 8 UK for 12 days !
- 9 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 10 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 11 Edinburgh for 7 days for 60+
- 12 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 13 London hotel
- 14 Help wanted for choosing apartment/hotel in Istanbul (early May 2014)
- 15 Europe in 21 days
- 16 Your Advice: Bosphorus Cruise. Ortakoy and Dolmabahce Palace
- 17 How to get from Greenwich to Victoria Station
- 18 A Win At the Arc and Discovering Lisbon
- 19 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 20 Yearly Greece visitor looking for different island
- 21 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 22 Hotel in Venice
- 23 hotels in Seville
- 24 London tube
- 25 7 days in Greece