My travel agent tells me that we would better off to buy a train pass for our next trip.
We want to take the train from Munich-Salzburg, Salzburg-Vienna, Vienna-Praha, Praha-Dresden, and Dresden-Berlin.
The pass is almost 470 $, and she tells me that we might have to shell out additional fees once we are there for seat booking.
I took a look at prices online with DB Bahn, and the prices do look a lot steeper than for our last trip in Italy.
Are tickets cheaper once we are there if we buy them as we go along? Or is the pass really a good deal?
Train pass. Worth it?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Munich - (2) nights plus an extra evening - your suggestions?
- 2 Gite and/or agritourism
- 3 Initial feedback on Spain itin, please
- 4 England and Scotland
- 5 Athens/Istanbul March
- 6 English ruined castles
- 7 Sixt Car Rental? Good/Bad? Any reviews/experiences?
- 8 Stay away Buchbinder car rental company
- 9 Switzerland
- 10 What to do during Christmas in Paris?
- 11 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 12 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 13 Hotel for last night in London--for family of 4
- 14 Planning a trip to the Baltics
- 15 Savoring Sicily - A Trip Report
- 16 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 17 Does cinque terre merit three days
- 18 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 19 Info requested for Paris, Strasbourg and Berlin
- 20 Dublin to Armagh?
- 21 Solo Scotland May 2014
- 22 A photo report on Reykjavik, Iceland
- 23 Apartment for family trip to London
- 24 Prebook B&Bs
- 25 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report