My travel agent tells me that we would better off to buy a train pass for our next trip.
We want to take the train from Munich-Salzburg, Salzburg-Vienna, Vienna-Praha, Praha-Dresden, and Dresden-Berlin.
The pass is almost 470 $, and she tells me that we might have to shell out additional fees once we are there for seat booking.
I took a look at prices online with DB Bahn, and the prices do look a lot steeper than for our last trip in Italy.
Are tickets cheaper once we are there if we buy them as we go along? Or is the pass really a good deal?
Train pass. Worth it?
- 1 Help me plan a vacation to Paris!
- 2 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?
- 3 London for Christmas
- 4 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 5 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 6 Chambermaid tipping
- 7 River cruises
- 8 Popping in and out of Ireland
- 9 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 10 Week in Interlaken at end of February
- 11 Trulli Foodie Puglia-two weeks to eat through!!!
- 12 More help with housing in Puglia
- 13 Northern Italy Honeymoon- Alps and Italian Favorites
- 14 Lake District, Hawkshead or Keswick?
- 15 Stockholm Hotel Advice Help I'm torn Hotel Rival, Reisen or Story?????
- 16 7 days in Andalucia
- 17 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 18 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 19 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 20 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 21 Oh Solomillo! 15 Days in Spain
- 22 Switzerland up close...360 views
- 23 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 24 Euro Train
- 25 Ira Has Been Kidnapped