My travel agent tells me that we would better off to buy a train pass for our next trip.
We want to take the train from Munich-Salzburg, Salzburg-Vienna, Vienna-Praha, Praha-Dresden, and Dresden-Berlin.
The pass is almost 470 $, and she tells me that we might have to shell out additional fees once we are there for seat booking.
I took a look at prices online with DB Bahn, and the prices do look a lot steeper than for our last trip in Italy.
Are tickets cheaper once we are there if we buy them as we go along? Or is the pass really a good deal?
Train pass. Worth it?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 2 Caserta, Italy? Anyone Been There?
- 3 A Sardinia trip report
- 4 22 year olds in Europe
- 5 From Paris to Bruselas-Amsterdam-London
- 6 Best Area to Stay in Amsterdam
- 7 Granada
- 8 Azores
- 9 Rome bus tours-which one?
- 10 All Set To Go!!
- 11 Hotels in Toulouse & Montpellier
- 12 A month in Europe - how does this sound?
- 13 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 14 4 weeks in the UK
- 15 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 16 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 17 Our Brief Bavarian Break: Christmas Markets
- 18 Spain/EU trip in february "History,Nature is our main goal"
- 19 Have ten days to visit Munich, Salzburg and Switzerland
- 20 First time to Switzerland
- 21 Favorite London spot for roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?
- 22 Early stages of planning for Euro trip + would love suggestions
- 23 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why
- 24 Eastern Europe
- 25 Trip Report: 17 days in Switzerland, Austria & Czech Republic