HI. Our family of 5 are travelling to Italy this year for the first time. Can't wait. We are staying in a few places. On 1st July, we need to travel from Bellagio to San Gimignano.. We will then be staying in San Gimi and Orvieto for a total of 9 days so we will need a car in that time. What i need help with is travelling from Bellagio. Do we catch the train to a town closer to our destination and then hire a car from there? Or is it better to hire the car in Bellagio and drive to San Gimi by ourselves. Looking at train schedules, we could train to Pisa and then pick up the car and carry on to San Gimi. The train trip seems to be around 4.5 hours, with 2 changes. What is our best option here? Any advice?
Train or Car
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 caroline_venezia
- 2 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 3 Anyone trying to get out of the French Alps?
- 4 Help with planning a Sicily Itinerary
- 5 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 6 Ireland, Honeymoon, early June 2015, active couple
- 7 1st time in Paris - apartment advice
- 8 Best car/shuttle service from Paris to CDG
- 9 Italy trip questions
- 10 Honeymoon in the Alps (with skiing)
- 11 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 12 2 Weeks in Germany in December
- 13 Would you recommend Sicily only or Puglia also for a 14-day trip?
- 14 Museums in Berlin
- 15 Italy/Austria/Germany/France
- 16 Budget family trip to Europe
- 17 Euro Trivia Quiz #17 - British Train Trivia
- 18 Pyrenees logistics
- 19 Berlin
- 20 Two Weeks in France, reposting TR
- 21 Suggestions for European Holiday with Young Children
- 22 Taormina to Palermo
- 23 Two Weeks in Italy: Umbria, Tuscany, Piedmont Itinerary Help
- 24 Storytellers in Iceland
- 25 Stay in Chablis or Auxerre?