HI. Our family of 5 are travelling to Italy this year for the first time. Can't wait. We are staying in a few places. On 1st July, we need to travel from Bellagio to San Gimignano.. We will then be staying in San Gimi and Orvieto for a total of 9 days so we will need a car in that time. What i need help with is travelling from Bellagio. Do we catch the train to a town closer to our destination and then hire a car from there? Or is it better to hire the car in Bellagio and drive to San Gimi by ourselves. Looking at train schedules, we could train to Pisa and then pick up the car and carry on to San Gimi. The train trip seems to be around 4.5 hours, with 2 changes. What is our best option here? Any advice?
Train or Car
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trade Commission whichhas an interest in some aspe
- 2 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 3 Schengen Visa Rules
- 4 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 5 London - Paris - Venice - Rome in 21 Days
- 6 England's Ruined Abbeys
- 7 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 8 Ireland / N Ireland clothing recommendations
- 9 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 10 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 11 Since Paris is ALWAYS good idea
- 12 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 13 Ireland / N Ireland Chauffer/Guide
- 14 Is my plan ok
- 15 2014 Ferry Boat Schedules Salerno/Amalfi/Positano Just Released
- 16 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 17 5 Observations About Paris
- 18 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 19 Five Nights in Budapest: A Quick Winter Getaway
- 20 Austria to Italy by car - best route
- 21 Southern Spain
- 22 5 Hoosiers - help with route through Germany
- 23 London Experts - What do you think of this apartment?
- 24 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 25 Combinations euro rail and river cruise