HI. Our family of 5 are travelling to Italy this year for the first time. Can't wait. We are staying in a few places. On 1st July, we need to travel from Bellagio to San Gimignano.. We will then be staying in San Gimi and Orvieto for a total of 9 days so we will need a car in that time. What i need help with is travelling from Bellagio. Do we catch the train to a town closer to our destination and then hire a car from there? Or is it better to hire the car in Bellagio and drive to San Gimi by ourselves. Looking at train schedules, we could train to Pisa and then pick up the car and carry on to San Gimi. The train trip seems to be around 4.5 hours, with 2 changes. What is our best option here? Any advice?
Train or Car
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 2 Drat! -- Always cancel credit card after European car rental
- 3 Sardinia in early May
- 4 Help us plan our first trip to Italy
- 5 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 6 3.5 Weeks in Europe with no luggage
- 7 Apartment rental in Barcelona
- 8 Venice; recommendations
- 9 Traveling to Ireland and UK for 15 days
- 10 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 11 Seeking Ideas/Suggestions for Post Rhine River Cruise in Switzerland
- 12 Pre-Trip Jitters!
- 13 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 14 Restaurant recommendation for Milan
- 15 Bad Experience with Argus Car Hire Insurance offered by them
- 16 Baby cot
- 17 Drive from Granada to Seville
- 18 More questions about Swiss rail system and the Bernina Express?
- 19 9 Day Spain Itinerary (Barcelona - Seville - Madrid)
- 20 Hey Fodor's
- 21 Pontresina to Tirano by Train
- 22 Two-city, two-week vacation in late Oct
- 23 Wineries open on Saturdays in October
- 24 Haarlem Holland - Hotels or B&Bs
- 25 Looking for Suggestions - 12 Day Agenda for Greece