HI. Our family of 5 are travelling to Italy this year for the first time. Can't wait. We are staying in a few places. On 1st July, we need to travel from Bellagio to San Gimignano.. We will then be staying in San Gimi and Orvieto for a total of 9 days so we will need a car in that time. What i need help with is travelling from Bellagio. Do we catch the train to a town closer to our destination and then hire a car from there? Or is it better to hire the car in Bellagio and drive to San Gimi by ourselves. Looking at train schedules, we could train to Pisa and then pick up the car and carry on to San Gimi. The train trip seems to be around 4.5 hours, with 2 changes. What is our best option here? Any advice?
Train or Car
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trying to find food items from Rome
- 2 Milestone Birthday Trip-Where Would You Go?
- 3 Oviedo, Aviles or Gijon
- 4 Picos de Europa - Need advice please
- 5 Scotland on a farm by horse?
- 6 Hotel des Grandes Ecoles, Paris
- 7 Help with Central/ Eastern Europe
- 8 Germany -- with Reformation emphasis
- 9 Cordoba-Granada itinerary
- 10 One month in Puglia and Matera
- 11 Late night train from Prague
- 12 Matera and Puglia by public transportation: Bus, train, driver
- 13 4 Days in Paris: Sample Itinerary for First Trip There
- 14 I'm in a funk
- 15 Lauterbrunnen area (with baby)
- 16 We will be stranded in Iceland for 17 hours!
- 17 Lake Como in October- when does season change
- 18 Mama Mia Italy!
- 19 Lisbon, Porto and Southern Galicia Costal region
- 20 Valencia and Baleric Islands Itinerary suggestions for May travel
- 21 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!
- 22 FIRST TRIP TO PARIS/ITALY
- 23 Spain Trip Ideas -Critique Welcome
- 24 One week SW England for a group with diverse interests
- 25 Amsterdam vs Prague