HI. Our family of 5 are travelling to Italy this year for the first time. Can't wait. We are staying in a few places. On 1st July, we need to travel from Bellagio to San Gimignano.. We will then be staying in San Gimi and Orvieto for a total of 9 days so we will need a car in that time. What i need help with is travelling from Bellagio. Do we catch the train to a town closer to our destination and then hire a car from there? Or is it better to hire the car in Bellagio and drive to San Gimi by ourselves. Looking at train schedules, we could train to Pisa and then pick up the car and carry on to San Gimi. The train trip seems to be around 4.5 hours, with 2 changes. What is our best option here? Any advice?
Train or Car
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 2 Best london location to stay?
- 3 Prague for a week?
- 4 Honeymooning in Croatia - 2 weeks in August
- 5 Euro Travel Quiz # 41 - Food for Thought!
- 6 Scottland for a day!
- 7 Amalfi Coast town to stay in?
- 8 Lyon circular road itinerary help please
- 9 Food in the 14th arrondissement
- 10 Help Us Plan Our Trip- Almafi Coast and Sicily
- 11 VIGO, SPAIN
- 12 Summer Interrupted; Christmas in Germany & Switzerland
- 13 Flight cancellation due to weather & student visa
- 14 Looking for some advice for an April Itenerary!
- 15 Cheap NYC currency exchange
- 16 Transferwise: My latest experience in currency exchange
- 17 Paris ComboPass Premium and Hotel location
- 18 Dolce Far Niente....the sweetness of doing nothing (well almost) in Paris
- 19 England, Paris itinerary help
- 20 Cinque Terre
- 21 South of France
- 22 Seotember Trip to Greece- 2015
- 23 Summer Family trip ( 2 ads and 2 kids 6 and 7 years old girls)
- 24 Flying the day TATL flight to London - landing late - hotel choices
- 25 Revised Itinerary with 2 kids