I am arriving at CDG at 7am on Aug 29. I need to get to Amboise from there. I am torn between a rental car from the airport or a train from CDG. I would rather take the train rather tan drive 3 hours after a long flight if you think it will work. From what I can see the train leaves CDG at 10 am. I think this might be the best option, bit the 10 min train change in Tours has me worried. Will I have to actually change trains or is this just a stop and I remain on the train to get to Amboise? Do you think I will be able to clear the airport and make the 10am train? Would I need to book these tickets in advance? Ultimately, I will be renting a car to tour the Loire. What do you suggest? Thanks for your help.
Train or car?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help me with this trip
- 2 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 3 Best london location to stay?
- 4 Prague for a week?
- 5 Honeymooning in Croatia - 2 weeks in August
- 6 Euro Travel Quiz # 41 - Food for Thought!
- 7 Scottland for a day!
- 8 Amalfi Coast town to stay in?
- 9 Lyon circular road itinerary help please
- 10 Food in the 14th arrondissement
- 11 Help Us Plan Our Trip- Almafi Coast and Sicily
- 12 VIGO, SPAIN
- 13 Summer Interrupted; Christmas in Germany & Switzerland
- 14 Flight cancellation due to weather & student visa
- 15 Looking for some advice for an April Itenerary!
- 16 Cheap NYC currency exchange
- 17 Transferwise: My latest experience in currency exchange
- 18 Paris ComboPass Premium and Hotel location
- 19 Dolce Far Niente....the sweetness of doing nothing (well almost) in Paris
- 20 England, Paris itinerary help
- 21 Cinque Terre
- 22 South of France
- 23 Seotember Trip to Greece- 2015
- 24 Summer Family trip ( 2 ads and 2 kids 6 and 7 years old girls)
- 25 Flying the day TATL flight to London - landing late - hotel choices