I need some updated information on public transit information for travel from Santiago De Compostela to Porto. Can anyone out there help me? I've contacted Rail Europe for assistance, but published train times are sketchy at best and take 10-12 hours. Tickets cannot be purchased online. Are there any regional or local train services in this area that I can be directed to? It's my understanding that train service is possible via Vigo (about 4 hours), but published train schedules are uncertain and not readily available. Former blogs I've researched have fairly outdated time tables. I've also tried the bus service (www.alsa.es) and there schedules are very infrequent. Can anyone please help me with my itinerary? My goal is to get from Santiago to Lisbon by July 24th via overnights in Porto and Fatima. Thanks.
Train or Bus Service from Santiago De Compostela, Spain to Porto, Portugal
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amalfi Coast vs Greece
- 2 England, Scotland, Ireland, and France... Where do I start?! (three weeks)
- 3 Which hotel in Lisbon?
- 4 A weekend in Europe--where to go?
- 5 Two Week Big Fat Family Vacation to Greece
- 6 Favorite Views of Paris?
- 7 There Nights in London - Lodging, Tour, Places
- 8 Speeding ticket in Germany: how do I handle this?
- 9 There Nights in Paris - Lodging, Tour, Places, Language
- 10 There Nights in Venice - Lodging, Tour, Places, Language
- 11 Croatia itinerary
- 12 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 13 Trip report/blog - 2 weeks in Amsterdam, Belgium, and South Africa
- 14 Advice and suggestions welcome for 2 month trip
- 15 Dilemma for Switzerland
- 16 Itinerey help for a 27 day trip to Europe for April of 2015
- 17 Buying Train Tickets on line in advance of Trip to Italy
- 18 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 19 Sigh....Swiss Pass HELP!
- 20 Impressions of Bad Tolz?
- 21 Visit to Bath and London england
- 22 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 23 10 days in England
- 24 December in Munich, Salzburg, Graz, and Budapest
- 25 Please critique my Croatia/Slovenia itinerary