I need some updated information on public transit information for travel from Santiago De Compostela to Porto. Can anyone out there help me? I've contacted Rail Europe for assistance, but published train times are sketchy at best and take 10-12 hours. Tickets cannot be purchased online. Are there any regional or local train services in this area that I can be directed to? It's my understanding that train service is possible via Vigo (about 4 hours), but published train schedules are uncertain and not readily available. Former blogs I've researched have fairly outdated time tables. I've also tried the bus service (www.alsa.es) and there schedules are very infrequent. Can anyone please help me with my itinerary? My goal is to get from Santiago to Lisbon by July 24th via overnights in Porto and Fatima. Thanks.
Train or Bus Service from Santiago De Compostela, Spain to Porto, Portugal
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Popping in and out of Ireland
- 2 London for Christmas
- 3 Chambermaid tipping
- 4 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?
- 5 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 6 Week in Interlaken at end of February
- 7 Trulli Foodie Puglia-two weeks to eat through!!!
- 8 River cruises
- 9 More help with housing in Puglia
- 10 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 11 Northern Italy Honeymoon- Alps and Italian Favorites
- 12 Lake District, Hawkshead or Keswick?
- 13 Stockholm Hotel Advice Help I'm torn Hotel Rival, Reisen or Story?????
- 14 7 days in Andalucia
- 15 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 16 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 17 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 18 Help me plan a vacation to Paris!
- 19 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 20 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 21 Oh Solomillo! 15 Days in Spain
- 22 Switzerland up close...360 views
- 23 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 24 Euro Train
- 25 Ira Has Been Kidnapped