Hi again everyone,
I have a rough itinerary of our tour around Switzerland thanks to your help planning, and just need to decide where to leave from...
Currently, we will be leaving Switzerland from Zermatt, and due to being restricted to public transport, will be taking a train to Como in Italy. As per maps and the train itinerary, this is going to take us anywhere from 5.5hrs to 6.5hrs, and that's just the journey alone...
Is it a scenic journey from Zermatt to Como and therefore, worth the travel time? Or am I better off switching my itenerary, leaving from Lucerne and heading south to Como? This journey is around 3.5hrs and seems to have less change overs.
To give some background, my plan was as follows:
1) Arrive in Lucerne,Stay 2 x nights
2 Travel via train to Lauterbrunnen, stay 3 x nights
3) Travel via train to Zermatt, stay for 2 x nights.
I can switch the Itinerary around to Zermat, Lauterbrunnen then Lucerne, so just need to know which will work better!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 2 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 3 Athens Help
- 4 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 5 Transport for local Venice travel
- 6 London vacation rental agency
- 7 Sim Card
- 8 Restaurant recommendations in Sicily
- 9 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 10 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 11 Borghese Gallery Question
- 12 Experiencing London and Scotland by Sleeper Train
- 13 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 14 SE ITALY
- 15 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 16 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 17 Will Bottle of Champagne Pass Thru Customs at Athens Airport Upon Arrival?
- 18 Experiencing Scotland in the Winters
- 19 Sicily help
- 20 Germany vs Sweden nightlife
- 21 Lunch stop with view of Rio–Antirrio Bridge
- 22 Towns around Lucca
- 23 Cork questions
- 24 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy
- 25 Italy Vacation
Train options from Switzerland to Como? Any Assistance would be great!
Hi again everyone,