Hi again everyone,
I have a rough itinerary of our tour around Switzerland thanks to your help planning, and just need to decide where to leave from...
Currently, we will be leaving Switzerland from Zermatt, and due to being restricted to public transport, will be taking a train to Como in Italy. As per maps and the train itinerary, this is going to take us anywhere from 5.5hrs to 6.5hrs, and that's just the journey alone...
Is it a scenic journey from Zermatt to Como and therefore, worth the travel time? Or am I better off switching my itenerary, leaving from Lucerne and heading south to Como? This journey is around 3.5hrs and seems to have less change overs.
To give some background, my plan was as follows:
1) Arrive in Lucerne,Stay 2 x nights
2 Travel via train to Lauterbrunnen, stay 3 x nights
3) Travel via train to Zermatt, stay for 2 x nights.
I can switch the Itinerary around to Zermat, Lauterbrunnen then Lucerne, so just need to know which will work better!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 2 Accommodation referrals Trieste, Gorizia and Cormons
- 3 First Trip from Boston to Italy
- 4 Praiano
- 5 Rouen Tour Companies
- 6 5 days in the Morvan (Burgundy)
- 7 UK itinerary advice (family of 4)
- 8 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 9 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 10 Ireland itinerary help please
- 11 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 12 Ronda Wine/biking
- 13 3 weeks in London, Cornwall and a tiny piece of Wales
- 14 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 15 No Periods in British Written English!
- 16 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 17 Perugia
- 18 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
- 19 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 20 Ireland road trip in June: Where to stop?
- 21 Favorite restaurants, Florence
- 22 Areas in Milan
- 23 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 24 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 25 3-days Athens Itinerary, thoughts? Starting this Wednesday!
Train options from Switzerland to Como? Any Assistance would be great!
Hi again everyone,