Hi again everyone,
I have a rough itinerary of our tour around Switzerland thanks to your help planning, and just need to decide where to leave from...
Currently, we will be leaving Switzerland from Zermatt, and due to being restricted to public transport, will be taking a train to Como in Italy. As per maps and the train itinerary, this is going to take us anywhere from 5.5hrs to 6.5hrs, and that's just the journey alone...
Is it a scenic journey from Zermatt to Como and therefore, worth the travel time? Or am I better off switching my itenerary, leaving from Lucerne and heading south to Como? This journey is around 3.5hrs and seems to have less change overs.
To give some background, my plan was as follows:
1) Arrive in Lucerne,Stay 2 x nights
2 Travel via train to Lauterbrunnen, stay 3 x nights
3) Travel via train to Zermatt, stay for 2 x nights.
I can switch the Itinerary around to Zermat, Lauterbrunnen then Lucerne, so just need to know which will work better!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ireland base towns (and timing) - Connemara/W. Cork?
- 2 3 nights in Madrid
- 3 Great Food restaurant, cafes, bars, winery, food shops in Provence and Lyon
- 4 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK
- 5 Gibraltar United Kingdom
- 6 Stumbling on the path to a Russian visa
- 7 Ideas for vacation to Germany
- 8 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 9 Threat Level in UK
- 10 Cartagena Spain
- 11 Itinery help Crete
- 12 Base for Hidcote, etc. from London
- 13 Itinerary Advice - Dublin to Shannon
- 14 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 15 Need help deciphering benefits of Swiss train pass vs German 25% off...
- 16 S. Kensington London Restaurants
- 17 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 18 Graz in January
- 19 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 20 Tuscany wedding venues for 2
- 21 London Hotel - Different Request
- 22 Iceland trip report!
- 23 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants
- 24 Sun loungers and parasols
- 25 BA flights canceled until 18:00 local
Train options from Switzerland to Como? Any Assistance would be great!
Hi again everyone,