My boyfriend and I are going to Lauterbrunnen for a long weekend, flying in and out of Zurich and we're hoping for some advice on train options.
So far I can see there are two train passes which we could use - the swiss transfer ticket (taking us to Lauterbrunnen and back) and the Swiss Card (does the same thing, but would give us 50% off other travel).
We're planning on spending most of our time in Lauterbrunnen, but are considering a day trip out to Grindelwald.
The price difference between the two cards is 50CHF - has anyone else out there used either of these cards? Do you think in such a short period of time it would be worth paying more to get the Swiss Card with extra transport discounts? For those who have stayed in Lauterbrunnen before, how much other transportation did you use?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 2 Trip to Barcelona, london, Paris, and Amsterdam/Dublin
- 3 Help with Crete Itinerary
- 4 4 nights Prague..then where? Need help
- 5 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 6 Itinerary Help for Sicily
- 7 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 8 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 9 Restaurants near Cortina, Italy
- 10 Can I visit Rotterdam on a 6h40 min layover in Schiphol?
- 11 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 12 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 13 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 14 Granada to Seville driving day trip
- 15 Nice room in Venice in late September for £150?
- 16 Scotland in December
- 17 10 days in London in early December
- 18 Iceland
- 19 Greece
- 20 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 21 Edinburgh to Falkirk Wheel to Glasgow
- 22 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 23 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 24 Berlin to ?
- 25 Does the heat of Europe ever grind you down?