My boyfriend and I are going to Lauterbrunnen for a long weekend, flying in and out of Zurich and we're hoping for some advice on train options.
So far I can see there are two train passes which we could use - the swiss transfer ticket (taking us to Lauterbrunnen and back) and the Swiss Card (does the same thing, but would give us 50% off other travel).
We're planning on spending most of our time in Lauterbrunnen, but are considering a day trip out to Grindelwald.
The price difference between the two cards is 50CHF - has anyone else out there used either of these cards? Do you think in such a short period of time it would be worth paying more to get the Swiss Card with extra transport discounts? For those who have stayed in Lauterbrunnen before, how much other transportation did you use?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 2 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 3 French Election - Questions???
- 4 French election
- 5 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 6 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 7 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 8 Moving Around Amalfi without a car
- 9 Should I book my own guide for the Lourve and Versaille?
- 10 Lucerne and Innsbruck
- 11 Help me bookend our Bologna stay in December
- 12 What is the best travel insurance company?
- 13 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 14 2 weeks Europe trip
- 15 Leather goods in Florence
- 16 Lodging in Zurich and Lucerne?
- 17 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 18 ALMERIA - 1 Day Excusions
- 19 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 20 UZES & NIMES OR Orange & Châteauneuf du Pape
- 21 To Paris Beauvais? Thursday the 27th am?
- 22 Need Help with German Train Schedule
- 23 dinner jackets
- 24 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 25 Paris & Cote d'Azur Trip report