We're flying into Venice, tour by rental car then fly out of Marseille. The trip will be for 2 weeks in June.
Since we don't need a car for a couple days in Nice, I thought we'd drop off the car in san Remo then take the train over to Nice to save the 300 euro dropoff charge, then pick up another car later.
Can you give me some information about this train ride? How often does the train come?Do you have to prebook the tickets or buy at the station? Or are there shuttle buses between the two cities?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 New Dublin Museum
- 2 Book recommendation: Non-travel book about the Dolomites
- 3 Touring Switzerland, Germany, and Austria
- 4 German Train travel
- 5 Car service- Suitcase & hand luggage
- 6 When to Arrive At The Airport
- 7 To St. Pancras at stupid-o'clock: how would you do it?
- 8 How best to spend a long day in Warnemunde
- 9 Beyond the Trees: At Altitude in Italy's Snowy Dolomites
- 10 Cheese Tours in Italy
- 11 London theatre fans: advance info about Globe productions?
- 12 Edinburgh-London-Paris in that order
- 13 Plug ins for London and Paris
- 14 Uber in Poland and Germany
- 15 Trip to London with side trip to Wales/daytrip?
- 16 France: advice on where to go with young kids
- 17 Northern Italian Food
- 18 Does anyone ever "meet the locals"?
- 19 Train tickets from Switzerland to Venice and back with Swiss Travel Pass
- 20 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 21 Best 1 Day Bike Tour in Amsterdam
- 22 ANDALUCIA IN AUTUMN
- 23 Cost of Van from CDG
- 24 Provence to Nice driving
- 25 Italy 2010 - Lake Garda to Rome via Dolomites, Verona, Bologna and Tuscany