I have been forewarned about wasting my time on the train from Rome to Sicily, but if I want to spend a day sacking out after a long plane ride from the U.S. to Rome with my husband and child rather than trusting a Windjet flight followed by rented car drive to wherever we end up in that area, what is the best strategy for a train ride to Catania from Rome/FCO (flight arrives around 9 a.m Rome time)? Should I book ahead or trust that on 11/17 I will not have to fight for a sleeper (but in any event, how to book now)? What are the practical logistics of this adventure? Horror stories and success stories welcome.
Train from Rome to Catania - A Reasonable Alternative for Jet Lag?
View all Europe activity »
- 1 4 Women Exploring London Dec 19-23
- 2 How to Travel from Seville to Malaga
- 3 Dillit Language school in Rome?
- 4 Need PIN for general credit card use in Spain Portugal
- 5 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 6 Normandy in mid Sept?
- 7 Madrid to Sevilla
- 8 Northern Italy Honeymoon- Alps and Italian Favorites
- 9 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 10 Venice - another trip report (deja vu all over again)
- 11 San Sebastian and 2 day trips into France...lodging and places to see
- 12 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 13 Traveling within Italy
- 14 Limo Transfers from Fiumicino Rome Airport
- 15 Venice - canoeing / kayaking
- 16 Family European winter holiday
- 17 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 18 Italy: Planning a honeymoon....HELP!!!!
- 19 To Paris and Provence in June
- 20 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 21 FRA airport: How big is "big"?
- 22 Euro Train
- 23 Travel by train or bus
- 24 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 25 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"