Although we have travelled throughout Europe, mostly driving or using guides, I always get a bit anxious when coordinating train travel. We will be landing at CDG from Bucharest on October 31 at approximately 9:00, with Bayeux as our destination to tour D-Day sites. We plan to take a cab to St. Lazare to avoid all the transfers. So, I have a few questions:
1. Should we buy our tickets in advance? We have 4 adults in our group.
2. Would the 12:10 train give us enough time to get from CDG to St. Lazare? Oddly, at least to me, Captain Train website offers a 1:45 train, but /en.voyages-sncf.com/en does not - only a 3:00 train. Any thoughts on why that is?
Thanks in advance for any and all help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Traveling Greece without reservations
- 2 Need Info - Vienna, Prague, Venice, Geneva, Paris,
- 3 Edinburgh Tattoo-2017-Tickets
- 4 Malaga City Center Hotels
- 5 Please critique my itinerary in Italy
- 6 Purchase Train Ticket Madrid to Toledo Ahead?
- 7 Swiss Travel Pass
- 8 Hello -Please- Excuse Me- Good-Bye - Thank You ???
- 9 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 10 We're here!
- 11 Suggestions of Paris things to do Christmas and New Years?
- 12 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 13 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 14 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 15 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 16 Athens
- 17 Lisbon-mini trip report
- 18 airports near Delphi or Kalabaka
- 19 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 20 Another Guide for Art Loving Tourists
- 21 Petrol in Greece
- 22 Ideas for small group tour - Southern Spain
- 23 Novels about Spain and Spanish history
- 24 France for 3 weeks..Too many choices
- 25 Gyms in Paris-day passes?