Although we have travelled throughout Europe, mostly driving or using guides, I always get a bit anxious when coordinating train travel. We will be landing at CDG from Bucharest on October 31 at approximately 9:00, with Bayeux as our destination to tour D-Day sites. We plan to take a cab to St. Lazare to avoid all the transfers. So, I have a few questions:
1. Should we buy our tickets in advance? We have 4 adults in our group.
2. Would the 12:10 train give us enough time to get from CDG to St. Lazare? Oddly, at least to me, Captain Train website offers a 1:45 train, but /en.voyages-sncf.com/en does not - only a 3:00 train. Any thoughts on why that is?
Thanks in advance for any and all help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 2 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 3 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 4 Amalfi Coast/Sorrento-which town?
- 5 CENAZ airport shuttle - Prague?
- 6 Vienna to Budapest via Bratislava stopover
- 7 3 weeks in Scotland and Germany?
- 8 Provence Hotel and Flights
- 9 Language to use in Belgium
- 10 Base for hiking in Lower Engadine
- 11 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 12 Looking for recommendation for lodging in NAXOS, GREECE
- 13 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 14 When to purchase high speed train tickets?
- 15 Driving itinerary, feedback wanted
- 16 Whistle stop family road trip
- 17 Cab cost from Tegel/ Germany/ to Charlottenstrasse
- 18 The DCC scam is spreading
- 19 ATM by Budapest Nuygati TS
- 20 Best hotel other than Sirenuse in Positano for honeymoon?
- 21 Weather and clothes in Sakzkammergut in August
- 22 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 23 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Le Marche (Again)
- 24 Lake Como,Italy
- 25 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland