Although we have travelled throughout Europe, mostly driving or using guides, I always get a bit anxious when coordinating train travel. We will be landing at CDG from Bucharest on October 31 at approximately 9:00, with Bayeux as our destination to tour D-Day sites. We plan to take a cab to St. Lazare to avoid all the transfers. So, I have a few questions:
1. Should we buy our tickets in advance? We have 4 adults in our group.
2. Would the 12:10 train give us enough time to get from CDG to St. Lazare? Oddly, at least to me, Captain Train website offers a 1:45 train, but /en.voyages-sncf.com/en does not - only a 3:00 train. Any thoughts on why that is?
Thanks in advance for any and all help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 AVIGNON / DAY TRIP Gordes or Arles
- 2 Croatia and Slovenia 2018
- 3 LUCKY TO BE ALIVE !!!
- 4 Where to buy nice soaps in Paris?
- 5 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 6 Passport proplems
- 7 Getting from Positano to Rome
- 8 The Txakoli (or Chacoli) Wines of Coastal Basque Country
- 9 CANNES MONACO EZE
- 10 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 11 Itinerary help...
- 12 Cornwall of the beaten path suggestions
- 13 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 14 Shoes for little feet in Spain
- 15 Comments on Munich, Saltzburg, Lucerne hotels
- 16 Which market between Bordeaux and Sarlat?
- 17 3 weeks Spain w/ 2 kids under 5yrs in October
- 18 Lisbon or Cascais in July
- 19 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT
- 20 Thalys ticket, please advice.
- 21 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 22 Italy Switzerland Croata Itinerary Help
- 23 A week in Paris
- 24 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?
- 25 Help needed with Europe itinerary