Although we have travelled throughout Europe, mostly driving or using guides, I always get a bit anxious when coordinating train travel. We will be landing at CDG from Bucharest on October 31 at approximately 9:00, with Bayeux as our destination to tour D-Day sites. We plan to take a cab to St. Lazare to avoid all the transfers. So, I have a few questions:
1. Should we buy our tickets in advance? We have 4 adults in our group.
2. Would the 12:10 train give us enough time to get from CDG to St. Lazare? Oddly, at least to me, Captain Train website offers a 1:45 train, but /en.voyages-sncf.com/en does not - only a 3:00 train. Any thoughts on why that is?
Thanks in advance for any and all help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 CDG airport and connection time
- 2 Switzerland
- 3 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 4 4 days itinerary for France
- 5 Train travel vs rental car in Slovenia and Croatia
- 6 Beginning Itinerary Guidance
- 7 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 8 Itinerary and transportation suggestions
- 9 If you had to choose one......
- 10 Q re: holiday season in Italy
- 11 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 12 Spanish Language Immersion for young teenager in SPAIN
- 13 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 14 HELP PLEASE! Skiing in Zermatt this March
- 15 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 16 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 17 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 18 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 19 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 20 Croatia and Montenegro Itinerary
- 21 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 22 1 week in winter. Where to go?
- 23 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 24 Ireland Trip Planning Advice
- 25 More earthquakes in central Italy