Although we have travelled throughout Europe, mostly driving or using guides, I always get a bit anxious when coordinating train travel. We will be landing at CDG from Bucharest on October 31 at approximately 9:00, with Bayeux as our destination to tour D-Day sites. We plan to take a cab to St. Lazare to avoid all the transfers. So, I have a few questions:
1. Should we buy our tickets in advance? We have 4 adults in our group.
2. Would the 12:10 train give us enough time to get from CDG to St. Lazare? Oddly, at least to me, Captain Train website offers a 1:45 train, but /en.voyages-sncf.com/en does not - only a 3:00 train. Any thoughts on why that is?
Thanks in advance for any and all help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland - We're Here!
- 2 Train / Calabria
- 3 Game of Thrones Tour in N. Ireland
- 4 16 days in France and Italy
- 5 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 6 TIM in FCO - update
- 7 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 8 Southern Italy Help - Part 2
- 9 Short Trip to Usak, (Eastern Aegean Turkey)
- 10 Itinery help Crete
- 11 Burgundy or Languedoc-Rousillon
- 12 Lisbon - a few tips
- 13 Two days around Oban - help with itinerary
- 14 Need help traveling from Austria to Switzerland
- 15 Help building itinerary Italy/Austria
- 16 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 17 Avoid Europcar!
- 18 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 19 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 20 Cinque Terre trip/trains
- 21 European Vacation 2017
- 22 3 weeks with Kids - Austria Itinerary help
- 23 offline navigation for a tablet in Germany and Austria
- 24 Need help in completing trip details
- 25 Odd Question - freezer and microwave