Although we have travelled throughout Europe, mostly driving or using guides, I always get a bit anxious when coordinating train travel. We will be landing at CDG from Bucharest on October 31 at approximately 9:00, with Bayeux as our destination to tour D-Day sites. We plan to take a cab to St. Lazare to avoid all the transfers. So, I have a few questions:
1. Should we buy our tickets in advance? We have 4 adults in our group.
2. Would the 12:10 train give us enough time to get from CDG to St. Lazare? Oddly, at least to me, Captain Train website offers a 1:45 train, but /en.voyages-sncf.com/en does not - only a 3:00 train. Any thoughts on why that is?
Thanks in advance for any and all help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 2 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 3 Trip report: Portugal, Barcelona and Switzerland
- 4 Brussels Hotel Recommendation
- 5 Trains in Italy
- 6 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 7 Uber vs. TfL
- 8 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 9 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy
- 10 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 11 TikiTouringTwins - toddler travel
- 12 Alitala
- 13 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 14 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 15 celticmoon, a quick question
- 16 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 17 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 18 What fresh hell is this?
- 19 Firenze, Venezia, Cruise, Cinque Terre, Nce
- 20 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 21 Which Train Station in Venice
- 22 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 23 Greek Village
- 24 Berlin
- 25 Bordeaux to Nice