Hubs and I are staying in Florence for a week in October and plan to take day trips from there. Is it possible to take a train to Siena? And is the train station down in a valley that requires a bus or a long hike to the town? Are there other towns besides Pisa that can be reached by train? We are not renting a car, and guided tours are expensive. Buses, maybe?Any suggestions would be appreciated.Thanks.
Train from Florence to Siena - Possible?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Too many Trip Reports
- 2 For Those of You Who Scoff At Train Travel
- 3 Help with England/Wales tour
- 4 Reykjavik hotels
- 5 Can you help me with an Oyster Card?
- 6 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 7 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir
- 8 need help with a european/UK winter travel itinerary (3 weeks)
- 9 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 10 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 11 Mittenwald (or general vicinity)
- 12 Top 10 Don't Miss -- ROI and NI
- 13 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 14 Barcelona attraction tickets
- 15 Madrid & Andalucía: 26 Years Later
- 16 Norway 2014
- 17 Portugal Trip Report 2014
- 18 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 19 6+ weeks in Portugal and Spain - itinerary suggestions pls
- 20 Taking a group to Istanbul: need advice
- 21 I dream of Europe
- 22 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 23 Parma- Uh, Oops- Historic Dist. Ticket
- 24 First Time to UK since 2001
- 25 Loire Valley - Private Driver/Guide