My husband and I are looking to book our train tickets from Florence to Salerno on a Friday in mid-September with a final destination in Positano. Our plan was to ferry from Salerno to Positano.
At this point, I am seeing the earliest train from Florence to Salerno at 8:19 arriving Salerno at 11:59. Then, the next ferry wouldn't be until 14:10. With the ferry time and getting to our hotel, it would be a complete day of travel.
Wanted to reach out to the Fodors community to see if there are other options you would suggest or if I am missing any earlier trains on that route? I know that taking a train to Naples is an option with either bus/car transport but we are leaning towards the Salerno + ferry option. Thank you for any advice you can give!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 사설놀이터추천【【 SCB33 。CＯM『가입코드: 0004』】】해외스포츠사이트
- 2 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 3 France Itinerary Advice
- 4 Krakow and Prague-one week
- 5 4 days in Provence in early June
- 6 dinner jackets
- 7 Trip to Rome
- 8 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 9 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 10 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 11 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 12 Planning trip to Barcelona. Madrid and Tossa Del Mar
- 13 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 14 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 15 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 16 SPB White Nights boat tours
- 17 Leather goods in Florence
- 18 Picnic Spot Near Assisi
- 19 Transportation
- 20 Italy Hotel Recommondations
- 21 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 22 Things to do in Montpellier
- 23 Lodging in Zurich and Lucerne?
- 24 Lucerne and Innsbruck
- 25 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing