My husband and I are looking to book our train tickets from Florence to Salerno on a Friday in mid-September with a final destination in Positano. Our plan was to ferry from Salerno to Positano.
At this point, I am seeing the earliest train from Florence to Salerno at 8:19 arriving Salerno at 11:59. Then, the next ferry wouldn't be until 14:10. With the ferry time and getting to our hotel, it would be a complete day of travel.
Wanted to reach out to the Fodors community to see if there are other options you would suggest or if I am missing any earlier trains on that route? I know that taking a train to Naples is an option with either bus/car transport but we are leaning towards the Salerno + ferry option. Thank you for any advice you can give!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 2 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 3 Greek fuel cost
- 4 VRBO South Kensington
- 5 First time in London
- 6 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 7 Barcelona appartment is it a good location ?
- 8 Vacation
- 9 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 10 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 11 Menaggio/Varenna to St Moritz and back
- 12 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 13 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter
- 14 One more day in Athens, any suggestions?
- 15 Italian Honeymoon - But How!?!?
- 16 Villas to rent in Ibiza
- 17 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 18 Audio Walking Tour in London
- 19 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 20 Bedbugs in Paris.
- 21 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 22 No Periods in British Written English!
- 23 3 weeks in Central/Eastern Europe
- 24 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 25 Seville- Ronda drive time