My husband and I are arriving in Paris on May 14 at CDG Airport/Roissy. We will spend a week in Brittany and then come back to spend a week in Paris, where we will be staying in the 17th Arrond. We'd like to take the train to Rennes and rent a car there. I'm a little confused about how best to do this. I've been on the voyagessncf website and this has only increased my confusion!
1. Is it possible/recommended to take a train one way from CDG Roissy to Rennes, and then one way from Rennes to a train stop closer to the 17th? We came across a station called CDG Etoile, which seems close to the 17th, but are not sure. Easier is better, even if a little more expensive. On the other hand, if it is really easy to get from CDG Roissy to another train station, and a round trip will be much cheaper, that's also fine. Just looking for what an expert would recommend to two tired travelers -- the train will be only the second leg of the journey (then rent a car, then go to hotel).
2. Do we need a reservation or can we just buy our tickets when we arrive? I know we will likely pay more if we buy on the day, but we don't want to stress if our plane is late, long lines at immigration, etc.
3. We'd like to travel direct if possible.
Thank you for any help!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Eurorail pass or flights/local trains in Spain plus Lisbon for 21 days
- 2 Driving from Rome to Florence?
- 3 5 Days in Corsica
- 4 Switzerland and Northern Italy
- 5 Day Trip to Greenland from Reykjavik
- 6 Advice for Ireland Trip (6 days)
- 7 My Home Exchange Near Lake Como
- 8 Where to eat Paella in Valencia?
- 9 3 weeks in France, solo and without a car: please advise!
- 10 4 Nights in London - Itinerary Details
- 11 Beaches in Southern France
- 12 Train Ticket with Swiss Pass or individual ticket?
- 13 Tour ideas for Malaga, Spain
- 14 Marseille or Cassis for Day in Port?
- 15 What to do in Lauterbrunnen with Toddler
- 16 Train reservatiions needed in Switzerland in October?
- 17 italy itinerary
- 18 Positano - Sorrento Travel Questions
- 19 Wearing The Hijab in Slovenia???
- 20 Itinerary Help B&Bs
- 21 3 days to spend in europe
- 22 Based in Burford, how to spend our time
- 23 Toddler stroller - Yes or No for Switzerland trip?
- 24 Do some cities lose their appeal after a repeat visit?
- 25 Croatia-Slovenia- 30 days Road trip itinerary-2017