My husband and I are arriving in Paris on May 14 at CDG Airport/Roissy. We will spend a week in Brittany and then come back to spend a week in Paris, where we will be staying in the 17th Arrond. We'd like to take the train to Rennes and rent a car there. I'm a little confused about how best to do this. I've been on the voyagessncf website and this has only increased my confusion!
1. Is it possible/recommended to take a train one way from CDG Roissy to Rennes, and then one way from Rennes to a train stop closer to the 17th? We came across a station called CDG Etoile, which seems close to the 17th, but are not sure. Easier is better, even if a little more expensive. On the other hand, if it is really easy to get from CDG Roissy to another train station, and a round trip will be much cheaper, that's also fine. Just looking for what an expert would recommend to two tired travelers -- the train will be only the second leg of the journey (then rent a car, then go to hotel).
2. Do we need a reservation or can we just buy our tickets when we arrive? I know we will likely pay more if we buy on the day, but we don't want to stress if our plane is late, long lines at immigration, etc.
3. We'd like to travel direct if possible.
Thank you for any help!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Azores in February
- 2 Can No Longer o a Road Trip in Europe - what's a better train trip?
- 3 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 4 Theater in London
- 5 Late March/ Early April in Italy
- 6 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 7 Beginning Itinerary Guidance
- 8 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 9 When to buy airline? & booking seats
- 10 Umbria / Le Marche
- 11 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 12 Scotland Itinerary Advice
- 13 Driving in Corwall-The Nitty Gritty
- 14 Paris/Loire Valley than ?
- 15 Food in Positano
- 16 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 17 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 18 Katyn massacres
- 19 Italy Puglia and Le Marche
- 20 EuropeTravel-Trivia Quiz #152
- 21 Which cities are a must in Croatia, Bosnia&Herzegovina and Montenegro?
- 22 Airport Transfer from Edinburgh Center to Glasgow Airport
- 23 Krakow Day Trips - Renting a car vs. Taking a tour
- 24 Antibes or Villefranche-sur-Mer?
- 25 Ireland hotel questions