My husband and I are arriving in Paris on May 14 at CDG Airport/Roissy. We will spend a week in Brittany and then come back to spend a week in Paris, where we will be staying in the 17th Arrond. We'd like to take the train to Rennes and rent a car there. I'm a little confused about how best to do this. I've been on the voyagessncf website and this has only increased my confusion!
1. Is it possible/recommended to take a train one way from CDG Roissy to Rennes, and then one way from Rennes to a train stop closer to the 17th? We came across a station called CDG Etoile, which seems close to the 17th, but are not sure. Easier is better, even if a little more expensive. On the other hand, if it is really easy to get from CDG Roissy to another train station, and a round trip will be much cheaper, that's also fine. Just looking for what an expert would recommend to two tired travelers -- the train will be only the second leg of the journey (then rent a car, then go to hotel).
2. Do we need a reservation or can we just buy our tickets when we arrive? I know we will likely pay more if we buy on the day, but we don't want to stress if our plane is late, long lines at immigration, etc.
3. We'd like to travel direct if possible.
Thank you for any help!!
Train from CDG to Rennes Questions
- 1 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 2 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 3 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 4 Ireland in a week
- 5 Going to Puglia, I hope
- 6 7 days in Andalucia
- 7 Travelling to Amalfi Coast in April 2014
- 8 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 9 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 10 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 11 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 12 Bus shuttle from MXP to Milan Centrale Station
- 13 To Paris and Provence in June
- 14 A Month in Bologna Photos/Blog TR
- 15 Hungary and Czech Republic
- 16 Itinerary Help: Amsterdam-Zurich/Basel-Geneva in 10 days?
- 17 London 12 day itinerary suggestions needed
- 18 Copenhagen Weekend with Family
- 19 Please help with this Switzerland/Italy itinerary
- 20 Orvieto ro Pompei day trip in late December?
- 21 Venice 3 days Itinerary.
- 22 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 23 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 24 Costa del Sol (Spain) versus Cote d Azur (France) ??
- 25 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins