My husband and I are arriving in Paris on May 14 at CDG Airport/Roissy. We will spend a week in Brittany and then come back to spend a week in Paris, where we will be staying in the 17th Arrond. We'd like to take the train to Rennes and rent a car there. I'm a little confused about how best to do this. I've been on the voyagessncf website and this has only increased my confusion!
1. Is it possible/recommended to take a train one way from CDG Roissy to Rennes, and then one way from Rennes to a train stop closer to the 17th? We came across a station called CDG Etoile, which seems close to the 17th, but are not sure. Easier is better, even if a little more expensive. On the other hand, if it is really easy to get from CDG Roissy to another train station, and a round trip will be much cheaper, that's also fine. Just looking for what an expert would recommend to two tired travelers -- the train will be only the second leg of the journey (then rent a car, then go to hotel).
2. Do we need a reservation or can we just buy our tickets when we arrive? I know we will likely pay more if we buy on the day, but we don't want to stress if our plane is late, long lines at immigration, etc.
3. We'd like to travel direct if possible.
Thank you for any help!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Flying into Copenhagen (1st trip to Europe)
- 2 London Hotels
- 3 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 4 Island hopping Croatia - into nature/hiking
- 5 Amsterdam hotels
- 6 Brugge hotel help
- 7 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 8 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 9 Denmark or Sweden?
- 10 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 11 Old European currency
- 12 Europe itinerary questions
- 13 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 14 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 15 Intercity Notte training boarding time
- 16 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 17 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 18 Back from Paris
- 19 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 20 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 21 1 month in Europe
- 22 Paris hotels
- 23 Gulet - Croatia vs Turkey vs Greece
- 24 10 days in Paris and......
- 25 Last minute (next week) London GTG?