My husband and I are arriving in Paris on May 14 at CDG Airport/Roissy. We will spend a week in Brittany and then come back to spend a week in Paris, where we will be staying in the 17th Arrond. We'd like to take the train to Rennes and rent a car there. I'm a little confused about how best to do this. I've been on the voyagessncf website and this has only increased my confusion!
1. Is it possible/recommended to take a train one way from CDG Roissy to Rennes, and then one way from Rennes to a train stop closer to the 17th? We came across a station called CDG Etoile, which seems close to the 17th, but are not sure. Easier is better, even if a little more expensive. On the other hand, if it is really easy to get from CDG Roissy to another train station, and a round trip will be much cheaper, that's also fine. Just looking for what an expert would recommend to two tired travelers -- the train will be only the second leg of the journey (then rent a car, then go to hotel).
2. Do we need a reservation or can we just buy our tickets when we arrive? I know we will likely pay more if we buy on the day, but we don't want to stress if our plane is late, long lines at immigration, etc.
3. We'd like to travel direct if possible.
Thank you for any help!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 2 Looking for recommendation for lodging in NAXOS, GREECE
- 3 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 4 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 5 Scotland itinerary advice
- 6 When to purchase high speed train tickets?
- 7 2 Week Europe Itinerary
- 8 Children's seat on Nextbike in Wachau Valley?
- 9 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 10 Advice needed re CDW for car rental in Ireland/N. Ireland
- 11 First trip to Paris! (and Amsterdam)
- 12 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 13 Preliminary trip planning for Portugal April 2018
- 14 Munich to Hallstatt in a day
- 15 Help Planning Honeymoon
- 16 Amalfi Coast/Sorrento-which town?
- 17 Amsterdam Train Help Please!
- 18 Long Train Runnin' through the Alps (Switzerland 2016)
- 19 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 20 Valencia Spain
- 21 TER ticket bought online -- good all day?
- 22 Day Trip From Lisbon
- 23 Parentheses in France Phone Nos...will iPhone dial appropriately?
- 24 Visiting Zurich
- 25 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Le Marche (Again)