My husband and I are arriving in Paris on May 14 at CDG Airport/Roissy. We will spend a week in Brittany and then come back to spend a week in Paris, where we will be staying in the 17th Arrond. We'd like to take the train to Rennes and rent a car there. I'm a little confused about how best to do this. I've been on the voyagessncf website and this has only increased my confusion!
1. Is it possible/recommended to take a train one way from CDG Roissy to Rennes, and then one way from Rennes to a train stop closer to the 17th? We came across a station called CDG Etoile, which seems close to the 17th, but are not sure. Easier is better, even if a little more expensive. On the other hand, if it is really easy to get from CDG Roissy to another train station, and a round trip will be much cheaper, that's also fine. Just looking for what an expert would recommend to two tired travelers -- the train will be only the second leg of the journey (then rent a car, then go to hotel).
2. Do we need a reservation or can we just buy our tickets when we arrive? I know we will likely pay more if we buy on the day, but we don't want to stress if our plane is late, long lines at immigration, etc.
3. We'd like to travel direct if possible.
Thank you for any help!!
Train from CDG to Rennes Questions
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 flights from San Francisco to Germany
- 2 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 3 4-6 weeks
- 4 Help with Tuscany for a week late May/early June
- 5 Help With Vienna
- 6 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 7 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 8 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 9 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 10 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 11 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 12 Barcelona and/or ??? with another family
- 13 Eiffel tower tickets
- 14 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 15 Venice Banning Fodors
- 16 Iceland with kids - purchase a 'self-drive' package or DIY?
- 17 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 18 Difference in price between Lufthansa and United
- 19 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 20 Please help with Sicily Itinerary!
- 21 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 22 France, Italy and Greec
- 23 How to pay tolls in Portugal when there is no toll booth
- 24 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 25 Why go further, Manchester Christmas Markets back soon.