My husband and I are arriving in Paris on May 14 at CDG Airport/Roissy. We will spend a week in Brittany and then come back to spend a week in Paris, where we will be staying in the 17th Arrond. We'd like to take the train to Rennes and rent a car there. I'm a little confused about how best to do this. I've been on the voyagessncf website and this has only increased my confusion!
1. Is it possible/recommended to take a train one way from CDG Roissy to Rennes, and then one way from Rennes to a train stop closer to the 17th? We came across a station called CDG Etoile, which seems close to the 17th, but are not sure. Easier is better, even if a little more expensive. On the other hand, if it is really easy to get from CDG Roissy to another train station, and a round trip will be much cheaper, that's also fine. Just looking for what an expert would recommend to two tired travelers -- the train will be only the second leg of the journey (then rent a car, then go to hotel).
2. Do we need a reservation or can we just buy our tickets when we arrive? I know we will likely pay more if we buy on the day, but we don't want to stress if our plane is late, long lines at immigration, etc.
3. We'd like to travel direct if possible.
Thank you for any help!!
Train from CDG to Rennes Questions
- 1 Tips and advice for first-timers to Europe
- 2 Trip to Norway- suggestions for itinerary?
- 3 9 or 10 night Spain itinerary
- 4 Scotland Itinerary getting better, still needs your expertise!
- 5 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 6 Dingle to Galway help please, leave in less than 2 weeks
- 7 jungfraujoch mid june
- 8 Paris Perfect: change of apartment
- 9 St. Peter's Tomb at the Necropolis Scavi Fact or Fiction?
- 10 Any experience with Chateau des Monthairons (Dieue-sur-Meuse near Verdun)?
- 11 A few questions about the Amalfi Coast (in May)
- 12 confused by timeshare offer
- 13 My First Trip to Provence and Paris...Loved!!!
- 14 browsing homes for sale in Kent
- 15 Beaune Hotel or B&B Recommendation Please
- 16 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 17 Crete to Sifnos by Ferry?
- 18 Best castle for 7 and 9 year old boys
- 19 Bathrooms Along This Itinerary (Day in Rome)
- 20 How Long For Santorini?
- 21 How to make a phone call from a pay phone in London to Germany
- 22 Kenmare to Dingle- Where to stop along the way?
- 23 Solo in Sicily - April 2013
- 24 Evening in Oslo
- 25 Prague Itinerary