My husband and I are arriving in Paris on May 14 at CDG Airport/Roissy. We will spend a week in Brittany and then come back to spend a week in Paris, where we will be staying in the 17th Arrond. We'd like to take the train to Rennes and rent a car there. I'm a little confused about how best to do this. I've been on the voyagessncf website and this has only increased my confusion!
1. Is it possible/recommended to take a train one way from CDG Roissy to Rennes, and then one way from Rennes to a train stop closer to the 17th? We came across a station called CDG Etoile, which seems close to the 17th, but are not sure. Easier is better, even if a little more expensive. On the other hand, if it is really easy to get from CDG Roissy to another train station, and a round trip will be much cheaper, that's also fine. Just looking for what an expert would recommend to two tired travelers -- the train will be only the second leg of the journey (then rent a car, then go to hotel).
2. Do we need a reservation or can we just buy our tickets when we arrive? I know we will likely pay more if we buy on the day, but we don't want to stress if our plane is late, long lines at immigration, etc.
3. We'd like to travel direct if possible.
Thank you for any help!!
Train from CDG to Rennes Questions
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 2 Itinerary Help!
- 3 Toulouse and beyond -
- 4 Lots of help needed- First time going to Italy- Itinerary suggestions
- 5 Looking for advice on hotels in Paris
- 6 tour guides in rome
- 7 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 8 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 9 Amalfi (town) to Pompeii (ruins entrance-luggage storage area)
- 10 driving map for Croatia and BiH
- 11 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 12 4 Cs-Champagne, Cartier, Chanel & Christmas in Paris 2013 were fantastic!
- 13 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 14 Ony 3-4 nights in Ortigia, priorities?????????
- 15 christmas lunch or dinner munich 2014
- 16 Seaside island village in Greece
- 17 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 18 Wales/Scotland Trip - August 2014
- 19 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 20 7 days in Greece
- 21 4 night stay for 5 in interlaken
- 22 Just Another Macarons, Hot Chocolate, Tucked into Bed by 11 Paris Report
- 23 Spain itineraries
- 24 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 25 Greek Island Chartering Yacht with Skipper?