My husband and I are arriving in Paris on May 14 at CDG Airport/Roissy. We will spend a week in Brittany and then come back to spend a week in Paris, where we will be staying in the 17th Arrond. We'd like to take the train to Rennes and rent a car there. I'm a little confused about how best to do this. I've been on the voyagessncf website and this has only increased my confusion!
1. Is it possible/recommended to take a train one way from CDG Roissy to Rennes, and then one way from Rennes to a train stop closer to the 17th? We came across a station called CDG Etoile, which seems close to the 17th, but are not sure. Easier is better, even if a little more expensive. On the other hand, if it is really easy to get from CDG Roissy to another train station, and a round trip will be much cheaper, that's also fine. Just looking for what an expert would recommend to two tired travelers -- the train will be only the second leg of the journey (then rent a car, then go to hotel).
2. Do we need a reservation or can we just buy our tickets when we arrive? I know we will likely pay more if we buy on the day, but we don't want to stress if our plane is late, long lines at immigration, etc.
3. We'd like to travel direct if possible.
Thank you for any help!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What type of visa is right for me?
- 2 My trip to Cornwall, bookended by weekends in London
- 3 First time in France
- 4 Thello night train from Paris to Rome?
- 5 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 6 Visa for one Schengen Country, and traveling with EU spouse and children
- 7 One month in southern Spain with little ones. Where to stay?
- 8 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 9 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 10 Budapest Hotels
- 11 Salzburg or Regensberg
- 12 4 days in switzerland
- 13 A Week in Western Crete (with photos)
- 14 France and Barcelona : 2016 Trip Report
- 15 Swiss Pass dilemma
- 16 Munich
- 17 Trip Report: Krakow and Warsaw
- 18 Holiday trip with kids - suggestions please!
- 19 Our week in Scotland—“againn san t-seachdain ann an Alba”
- 20 14 days in Greece itinerary ???
- 21 When is Pope's schedule released for 2017?
- 22 Naples, Amalfi coast and Puglia - suggestions please.
- 23 Planning a self drive tour of the uk next april
- 24 Portugal itinerary help
- 25 First Time Solo Travel info