I usually travel by air, not train, so I can use some advice from experienced train travellers. I am taking the train from Amsterdam to Frankfurt on a Saturday morning to pick up my flight home, which leaves the next day (the things we do for upgrades!!!). I'd like to have at least half a day, on Saturday, in Frankfurt. I have two train choices: a 6:34am direct train, arriving at 10:41am or an 8:04am with a change at Frankfurt Airport arriving at 12:13. I'd really rather take the 8:04am, but I remember, once, having a really hard time getting my suitcase on and off the train (up and down the steps onto the train) and I'm a little concerned about having to do it twice and rushing to make the connection. I'll be in 1st class. Will there be someone to help with the bags or am I better off, biting the bullet and taking the 6:34am. The next direct train is at 10:34am. Thanks!!!
Train from Amsterdam to Frankfurt: Direct or Connect?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Your Top Tourist Mob Scenes in Europe?
- 2 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir
- 3 Blackpool Lights 2014: Tripping the Lights Fantastic in Northern England!
- 4 best transfer from Paris CDG to Paris hotel St Germain
- 5 Italy and Croatia
- 6 Garmisch Partenkirchen : Help pick a guest house/pension
- 7 Rome Italy air and land tour packages
- 8 Barcelona/Andalucia
- 9 Young couple - where to stay in London?
- 10 1 month Europe itinerary help for Aug-Sep
- 11 Spain, best travel route between Madrid & Barcelona?
- 12 Provence or Alsace in late March
- 13 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 14 Checking or storing luggage at FCO
- 15 The new Vuitton Foundation Museum in Paris
- 16 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 17 Weekend in Norfolk
- 18 Help with Southern France & Italy Itinerary
- 19 Best beach town in Italy?
- 20 Need Advice: 9 Days in Portugal in March
- 21 A Greek sojourn
- 22 NEED ADVICE: 2 Months in Italy, 1 Month through Spain, Greece, and France
- 23 Bollywood in Berlin -- with English subs
- 24 Rome Underground Sites to Visit - Any Suggestions?
- 25 Roaming Romania, Take Two