I usually travel by air, not train, so I can use some advice from experienced train travellers. I am taking the train from Amsterdam to Frankfurt on a Saturday morning to pick up my flight home, which leaves the next day (the things we do for upgrades!!!). I'd like to have at least half a day, on Saturday, in Frankfurt. I have two train choices: a 6:34am direct train, arriving at 10:41am or an 8:04am with a change at Frankfurt Airport arriving at 12:13. I'd really rather take the 8:04am, but I remember, once, having a really hard time getting my suitcase on and off the train (up and down the steps onto the train) and I'm a little concerned about having to do it twice and rushing to make the connection. I'll be in 1st class. Will there be someone to help with the bags or am I better off, biting the bullet and taking the 6:34am. The next direct train is at 10:34am. Thanks!!!
Train from Amsterdam to Frankfurt: Direct or Connect?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Family trip to France with kids
- 2 Which is better for the summer - Black or Baltic Sea?
- 3 Use of pre-booked non-PREMS tickets on French trains
- 4 Where to stay in London
- 5 13 Day Trip to Italy
- 6 Cappadocia Cave hotel suggestion
- 7 Hotel Belvedere Bellagio or Royal Victoria in Lake Como for May trip
- 8 Where to stay in Nice? Family of 4.
- 9 Amsterdam B&B -- Tulipa -- Feedback Wanted
- 10 Vienna and Prague or Venice/Sienna/Rome for honeymoon?
- 11 10 Days in Switzerland
- 12 Time to get lowest airfare to Norway
- 13 where to stay in Lake Como in mid-May?
- 14 Iceland Trekking/Camping
- 15 Family travel to Paris and Alps
- 16 A week in spain
- 17 Paris on Palm Sunday and Easter
- 18 25 days in Europe
- 19 Restaurant Recommendations - Pula or Rovinj
- 20 Croatia and Montenegro for 8 days
- 21 ought to to perform your co
- 22 Backpacking Europe (3-4 Weeks)
- 23 Paris Shopping - stationery, linens, hats, kitchen stuff
- 24 Mediterranean Vacation - Transportation
- 25 One night somewhere between Zurich and Geneva