I usually travel by air, not train, so I can use some advice from experienced train travellers. I am taking the train from Amsterdam to Frankfurt on a Saturday morning to pick up my flight home, which leaves the next day (the things we do for upgrades!!!). I'd like to have at least half a day, on Saturday, in Frankfurt. I have two train choices: a 6:34am direct train, arriving at 10:41am or an 8:04am with a change at Frankfurt Airport arriving at 12:13. I'd really rather take the 8:04am, but I remember, once, having a really hard time getting my suitcase on and off the train (up and down the steps onto the train) and I'm a little concerned about having to do it twice and rushing to make the connection. I'll be in 1st class. Will there be someone to help with the bags or am I better off, biting the bullet and taking the 6:34am. The next direct train is at 10:34am. Thanks!!!
Train from Amsterdam to Frankfurt: Direct or Connect?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Advance Tickets Segrada Familia - Barcelona
- 2 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 3 Tentative itinerary for Andalucia for April/May 2015
- 4 Finland to Sweden to Denmark to France to UK
- 5 Croatia in August - 2 weeks, 2 kids
- 6 What still confounds you about travel?
- 7 Pre-Purchasing Train Tickets
- 8 FRANCE: SIM CARD
- 9 Best route from Pamukkale to Fethiye by car
- 10 Advice on Two Week Itinerary Please! (London,Paris,Luxembourg,Brussels)
- 11 Planning first Solo Backpacking in Europe!
- 12 Chip but no PIN
- 13 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 14 italy
- 15 Madrid and London
- 16 Ryanair Cabin Luggage
- 17 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 18 West Ireland with 81 year old mother - Pls Review Itinerary
- 19 Eatwith - dine with locals
- 20 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich
- 21 Pronunciation
- 22 Ireland 8 day Itinerary help
- 23 Golfing in Ireland
- 24 Italy-Rome-Florence-Venice-CT-PievePelego-Help with order of travel
- 25 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?