I usually travel by air, not train, so I can use some advice from experienced train travellers. I am taking the train from Amsterdam to Frankfurt on a Saturday morning to pick up my flight home, which leaves the next day (the things we do for upgrades!!!). I'd like to have at least half a day, on Saturday, in Frankfurt. I have two train choices: a 6:34am direct train, arriving at 10:41am or an 8:04am with a change at Frankfurt Airport arriving at 12:13. I'd really rather take the 8:04am, but I remember, once, having a really hard time getting my suitcase on and off the train (up and down the steps onto the train) and I'm a little concerned about having to do it twice and rushing to make the connection. I'll be in 1st class. Will there be someone to help with the bags or am I better off, biting the bullet and taking the 6:34am. The next direct train is at 10:34am. Thanks!!!
Train from Amsterdam to Frankfurt: Direct or Connect?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 lauterbrunnen-wengen 4 days
- 2 Looking for Suggestions - 12 Day Agenda for Greece
- 3 London GTG late September?
- 4 Air France strike
- 5 Amsterdam
- 6 cell phone usage in Italy (US)
- 7 Travel insurance, interruption or cancelation?
- 8 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 9 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.
- 10 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 11 Once Again Asking .... This Time Ireland
- 12 Where is this place in Denmark?
- 13 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 14 French 2015 summer school vacation
- 15 Italy tours
- 16 Alterations to night trains routes
- 17 2 weeks on Lake Maggiore
- 18 Scottish Passport
- 19 Oxford or Cambridge?
- 20 Find a long term rental studio in Paris
- 21 Questions About Croatia
- 22 July in The Mezzogiorno – 3 weeks in Southern Italy: Amalfi Coast & Puglia
- 23 Munich Hotel - Stay at the Westin or Sheraton Westpark?
- 24 Splendid Summer Trip in Scotland and Ireland
- 25 URGENT HELP- Traveling soon for Croatia, B & H, Slovenia, Montenegro