I usually travel by air, not train, so I can use some advice from experienced train travellers. I am taking the train from Amsterdam to Frankfurt on a Saturday morning to pick up my flight home, which leaves the next day (the things we do for upgrades!!!). I'd like to have at least half a day, on Saturday, in Frankfurt. I have two train choices: a 6:34am direct train, arriving at 10:41am or an 8:04am with a change at Frankfurt Airport arriving at 12:13. I'd really rather take the 8:04am, but I remember, once, having a really hard time getting my suitcase on and off the train (up and down the steps onto the train) and I'm a little concerned about having to do it twice and rushing to make the connection. I'll be in 1st class. Will there be someone to help with the bags or am I better off, biting the bullet and taking the 6:34am. The next direct train is at 10:34am. Thanks!!!
Train from Amsterdam to Frankfurt: Direct or Connect?
- 1 Brutal Crack Down on Peaceful Environmental Protest
- 2 July reservations for County Kerry?
- 3 Renting Apartment in Nice
- 4 Derby - What to do with 1.5 days?
- 5 Places to visit from London
- 6 Scotland & Ireland - do I HAVE to pick 1 for 7-day trip?
- 7 Do and don't, eating in France
- 8 Nice agriturismo or country apartments/villa near Bologna
- 9 Spain with kids
- 10 Paris Ticket t+
- 11 Sicily Trip Report May 2013 - LONG and DETAILED
- 12 Italy/Switzerland - Help w/ Itinerary
- 13 Paris 2 bedroom/2bathroom apartment you would recommend?
- 14 Perfect gondola ride and dinner in Venice? But on a budget.
- 15 Trip Report: SE England - Stately Homes & Gardens in Kent
- 16 Getting the best our of Europe
- 17 best clubs in barcelona
- 18 Hotel recommendations for Turin
- 19 Dordogne Canoe Ride - All wet!
- 20 Schnauzer, live from Paris, Lyon, Nice, Averyon and Dordogne, join me
- 21 Driving the Mediterranean - Spain, France & Italy - 3 weeks - August 2013
- 22 Amsterdam - Germany and Wine!
- 23 Cinque Terre or Lake Como August - 3 nights
- 24 Last minute lake change....
- 25 getting out of rome airport to hotel?