I usually travel by air, not train, so I can use some advice from experienced train travellers. I am taking the train from Amsterdam to Frankfurt on a Saturday morning to pick up my flight home, which leaves the next day (the things we do for upgrades!!!). I'd like to have at least half a day, on Saturday, in Frankfurt. I have two train choices: a 6:34am direct train, arriving at 10:41am or an 8:04am with a change at Frankfurt Airport arriving at 12:13. I'd really rather take the 8:04am, but I remember, once, having a really hard time getting my suitcase on and off the train (up and down the steps onto the train) and I'm a little concerned about having to do it twice and rushing to make the connection. I'll be in 1st class. Will there be someone to help with the bags or am I better off, biting the bullet and taking the 6:34am. The next direct train is at 10:34am. Thanks!!!
Train from Amsterdam to Frankfurt: Direct or Connect?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Renting a car in Venice and dropping it off in Rome
- 2 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 3 England/Scotland Itinerary
- 4 car rental companies Italy
- 5 Sicily Suggetions
- 6 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 7 SICILY - PALERMO or TRAPANI as a base?
- 8 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 9 How far in advance should I book my car rentals ?
- 10 Mykonos Grand, Cavo Tagoo, Saint Johns, Belvedere or Grace?
- 11 Paris in April?
- 12 Trip to Italy - please weigh in with suggestions and tips!!
- 13 Three days in Spain
- 14 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 15 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 16 best neighborhood/area to stay in rome?
- 17 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 18 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 19 7 days in Greece
- 20 Estonia Amber
- 21 Amalfi transport to Pompeii ruins
- 22 Day trip on the Rhine
- 23 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 24 Flam, Norway railway
- 25 Amalfi (town) to Pompeii (ruins entrance-luggage storage area)