I've gotten lots of help planning, but am stumped as to whether to pre-book train travel for the leg of our journey from Riquewihr to Cochem on a Thursday in September.
I know we probably must take taxi to Colmar, then the shortest route looks like:
Train Colmar to Strasbourg,
Train Strasbourg to Saarbrucken Hbf,
Train Saarbrucken to Cochem.
The first leg is all France, the second connects France to Germany, the third brings us to our destination.
Should I book these legs in advance? No one site will book them all for me. Will I spend more if I wait til day of travel? Traveling at the end of September, so about 6 weeks from now. All help appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ireland Trip Planning Advice
- 2 Driver/Car Service Recommendation FCO- Pienza
- 3 Q re: holiday season in Italy
- 4 Northern Spain Hotel Suggestion
- 5 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 6 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 7 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 8 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 9 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 10 Stonehenge more accessible with group?
- 11 Lyon and Paris (and Provence vs Dijon?)
- 12 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 13 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 14 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 15 Super Cover For Hertz
- 16 Fuerteventura - Canary Islands
- 17 When to Visit Scotland
- 18 Gertie in Greece NOW
- 19 Amalfi coast hotel recs
- 20 Amalfi Coast help
- 21 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 22 Sicily
- 23 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 24 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 25 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)