After weeks of research and changing my mind, I have finally narrowed down an itinerary for September.
My husband and I will start out in London, take the train to Paris, fly to Pisa (then train to Florence), and lastly take the train to Rome (over 16 days).
I am going to book everything tonight, including hotels, flights and trains (I have already made my selections).
Before I do this, I want to make sure I should book the train tickets now? Which websites/companies are best??Or do I wait until we are in Europe and book same day? Also, do I book the "super economy" or first class, and is it worth the price difference. Can I bring a suitcase on the train or just carry on?
For flight from Paris to Florence, I'm choosing to fly to Pisa because easy jet doesn't fly to Florence and I've read horrible reviews about all the other airlines. Is this stupid?? Same question about the suitcase... can I have one (and pay extra) or carry on only!?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Mid/late November: Tuscany or Andalucia? (1 week)
- 2 UK 5 weeks How Far Can We Go!
- 3 Amalfi itinerary help needed
- 4 Where should I go with my family?
- 5 Crete Holiday
- 6 PARIS
- 7 Arrival in Berlin on Christmas Day?
- 8 First Solo Adventure
- 9 First Solo Adventure
- 10 Family Transportation from Heathrow- justairports or Express?
- 11 Just curious--why Airbnb?
- 12 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 13 Stu Tower
- 14 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 15 Trains in Italy
- 16 transportation from Prague to Cesky Krumlov
- 17 Tour or self drive Douro?
- 18 Which Hotel in Rome
- 19 Clueless, planning trip to Scotland
- 20 Luggage questions for train travel in Italy.
- 21 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 22 1st Time to Ireland - what to wear?
- 23 SE ITALY
- 24 Honeymooning in Croatia - 2 weeks in August
- 25 Drive from Piedmont to Malpensa Qs?