After weeks of research and changing my mind, I have finally narrowed down an itinerary for September.
My husband and I will start out in London, take the train to Paris, fly to Pisa (then train to Florence), and lastly take the train to Rome (over 16 days).
I am going to book everything tonight, including hotels, flights and trains (I have already made my selections).
Before I do this, I want to make sure I should book the train tickets now? Which websites/companies are best??Or do I wait until we are in Europe and book same day? Also, do I book the "super economy" or first class, and is it worth the price difference. Can I bring a suitcase on the train or just carry on?
For flight from Paris to Florence, I'm choosing to fly to Pisa because easy jet doesn't fly to Florence and I've read horrible reviews about all the other airlines. Is this stupid?? Same question about the suitcase... can I have one (and pay extra) or carry on only!?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 2 Ireland travel passport question
- 3 Suggested Italy Itinerary
- 4 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 5 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 6 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 7 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 8 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 9 Southern Germany - a base for travel
- 10 Biarritz family holiday
- 11 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 12 Trying to pick a Greek Island
- 13 Bernina Express mid-March
- 14 When to buy airline? & booking seats
- 15 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 16 Luggage for train travel in Europe
- 17 Ireland hotel questions
- 18 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 19 Ireland and Scotland in July
- 20 Itinerary help--Loire Valley and Brittany
- 21 Itinerary? Mystras? Stay over or stay in Nafplion
- 22 Revised itinerary for italy
- 23 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 24 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 25 where to stay in London?