After weeks of research and changing my mind, I have finally narrowed down an itinerary for September.
My husband and I will start out in London, take the train to Paris, fly to Pisa (then train to Florence), and lastly take the train to Rome (over 16 days).
I am going to book everything tonight, including hotels, flights and trains (I have already made my selections).
Before I do this, I want to make sure I should book the train tickets now? Which websites/companies are best??Or do I wait until we are in Europe and book same day? Also, do I book the "super economy" or first class, and is it worth the price difference. Can I bring a suitcase on the train or just carry on?
For flight from Paris to Florence, I'm choosing to fly to Pisa because easy jet doesn't fly to Florence and I've read horrible reviews about all the other airlines. Is this stupid?? Same question about the suitcase... can I have one (and pay extra) or carry on only!?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Andalucia Spain
- 2 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 3 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 4 Anyone have a pocket wifi for international travel?
- 5 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 6 Barcelona - places to stay
- 7 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 8 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 9 My delightful sampling of Switzerland’s gems, with many thanks
- 10 2 days in Amsterdam after river cruise
- 11 Bus Nice Airport to Frejus
- 12 Christmas Markets 2017
- 13 Language to use in Belgium
- 14 Private Ephesus Tour Companies
- 15 Istanbul at Easter
- 16 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 17 Palermo Apartment
- 18 Please help 21 day driving tour Wales & Southern England Sept 2017
- 19 SURPRISE TRIP
- 20 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 21 What's it like staying in a big agriturismo-like complex?
- 22 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 23 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 24 Fado in Lisbon
- 25 Best way to get around Scotland w/out a rental car??