We are 4 adults and 1 toddler that will be renting an apartment in paris for 7 nights in september. We would like to do a couple day trips out of the city.
We plan to visit Versailles for a day (2 landscape architects in the group!) and would also like to tour the Loir Valley for a day to see some castles and a village or two. If possible, we may try to squeeze in a visit to Vaux le Vicomte (but that may be too much for the day)
I read references in other posts to train ticket/ car rental day trips from paris, where you get round trip train tix from paris and there is a car rental for the day waiting for you at the destination train station. I cant seem to find any links online to see prices, terms and conditions, make reservations, etc. (i want to be sure we can get a car seat for the little one)
Any advice out there on doing this? Which station should go to? are we better off getting out of paris for couple nights and staying the area? With the toddler, switching hotels etc, may be problematic, and we are already paying for the 7 nights in the paris apartment even if we stay elswehere for a night or two.
thanks for any advice
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary Help for Sicily
- 2 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 3 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 4 Restaurants near Cortina, Italy
- 5 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 6 Can I visit Rotterdam on a 6h40 min layover in Schiphol?
- 7 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 8 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 9 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 10 Granada to Seville driving day trip
- 11 Nice room in Venice in late September for £150?
- 12 Help with Crete Itinerary
- 13 Scotland in December
- 14 10 days in London in early December
- 15 Iceland
- 16 Greece
- 17 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 18 Edinburgh to Falkirk Wheel to Glasgow
- 19 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 20 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 21 Berlin to ?
- 22 4 nights Prague..then where? Need help
- 23 Does the heat of Europe ever grind you down?
- 24 tickets for Wimbledon
- 25 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living