We are 4 adults and 1 toddler that will be renting an apartment in paris for 7 nights in september. We would like to do a couple day trips out of the city.
We plan to visit Versailles for a day (2 landscape architects in the group!) and would also like to tour the Loir Valley for a day to see some castles and a village or two. If possible, we may try to squeeze in a visit to Vaux le Vicomte (but that may be too much for the day)
I read references in other posts to train ticket/ car rental day trips from paris, where you get round trip train tix from paris and there is a car rental for the day waiting for you at the destination train station. I cant seem to find any links online to see prices, terms and conditions, make reservations, etc. (i want to be sure we can get a car seat for the little one)
Any advice out there on doing this? Which station should go to? are we better off getting out of paris for couple nights and staying the area? With the toddler, switching hotels etc, may be problematic, and we are already paying for the 7 nights in the paris apartment even if we stay elswehere for a night or two.
thanks for any advice
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 2 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 3 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 4 9 Days in Spain
- 5 Barcelona alternative
- 6 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 7 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 8 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 9 Spanish Medical Providers
- 10 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 11 Paris to Italy
- 12 Driving through Paris
- 13 Rome or Lisbon during end of November? Please help me pick
- 14 May Day 2018 in Slovenia
- 15 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 16 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 17 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 18 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 19 Road trip with our dog
- 20 Frankfurt to UK
- 21 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 22 One last lunch in Rome - recommendations near Vatican City please
- 23 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 24 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 25 Electrical Power Conversion