We are 4 adults and 1 toddler that will be renting an apartment in paris for 7 nights in september. We would like to do a couple day trips out of the city.
We plan to visit Versailles for a day (2 landscape architects in the group!) and would also like to tour the Loir Valley for a day to see some castles and a village or two. If possible, we may try to squeeze in a visit to Vaux le Vicomte (but that may be too much for the day)
I read references in other posts to train ticket/ car rental day trips from paris, where you get round trip train tix from paris and there is a car rental for the day waiting for you at the destination train station. I cant seem to find any links online to see prices, terms and conditions, make reservations, etc. (i want to be sure we can get a car seat for the little one)
Any advice out there on doing this? Which station should go to? are we better off getting out of paris for couple nights and staying the area? With the toddler, switching hotels etc, may be problematic, and we are already paying for the 7 nights in the paris apartment even if we stay elswehere for a night or two.
thanks for any advice
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 roaming Prague...but for how long?
- 2 Azores
- 3 Short Trip in July
- 4 Madrid, Barcelona and .....
- 5 Barcelona to Paris - Road trip in between?
- 6 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 7 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 8 Bergen Hotel -- near Port ?
- 9 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 10 Scotland in 7 Days
- 11 Looking for Italy Itinerary Advice (8N)
- 12 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 13 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 14 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 15 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 16 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 17 Norway in a Nutshell - Travel Report
- 18 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 19 Cooking tours 3-4 days June 4 in Northern Italy
- 20 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 21 Springtime in Holland - Trip report
- 22 Advice on car and getting around Aeolian Islands
- 23 10-12 days - Czech Republic/Austria/Munich?
- 24 4 Nights - Bern/Grindelwald / Interlaken / Lucerne
- 25 Paris & Cote d'Azur Trip report