I need help from those of you that travel often, especially by train. I have another thread and got some excellent advice but thought I should start another with more detail.
We have set our itinerary after much debate and I went to go check out ticket prices on bahn.com and the prices jumped up on me. I know there are regional passes etc... but am overwhelmed at stringing together so many different options.
I would be grateful if someone could give me some advice on the best ticket options because at this point the rail pass is looking like a better idea. If this is true, It's my understanding that we can buy these at the airport in Frankurt. Is this true?
Here is our itinerary-
May 11-land in Frankfurt
Train to Munich and spend the night there.
May 12-Train to Hallstatt
May 15-Train to Garmisch
May 17-Train to Colmar
May 19--Train to Dusseldorf
pick up rental car and hubby has work 21-22
May 22--drive to cochem late afternoon
May 24-drive to Frankfurt and drop off car/fly home
Looking at our schedule, we have several train trips--does a pass make more sense?
Thank you all so much for all your help so far--y'all are amazing!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 2 Just curious--why Airbnb?
- 3 SE ITALY
- 4 Amsterdam Mayor retires
- 5 Girl Talk -- Clothing for Amalfi Coast and Rome, 9/28-10/8
- 6 two weeks in England including a mini Fodor get together
- 7 Two weeks in Greece early October
- 8 First trip to Europe with teens 14 and 15 Spain or Italy?
- 9 6 Days in Italy
- 10 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 11 DeGaulle to the dock at Le Pecq?
- 12 Helpful Hint
- 13 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 14 Spain, Portugal, 10 days family of 7.
- 15 Shuttle from CDG into Paris
- 16 Bike rental - Aix en Provence area
- 17 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 18 Finland around Christmas time?
- 19 monograms vacation tours
- 20 UK - Coronation Street Goes to 6 Days a Week...
- 21 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 22 Stu Tower
- 23 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 24 Arrival in Berlin on Christmas Day?
- 25 Crete Holiday