I need help from those of you that travel often, especially by train. I have another thread and got some excellent advice but thought I should start another with more detail.
We have set our itinerary after much debate and I went to go check out ticket prices on bahn.com and the prices jumped up on me. I know there are regional passes etc... but am overwhelmed at stringing together so many different options.
I would be grateful if someone could give me some advice on the best ticket options because at this point the rail pass is looking like a better idea. If this is true, It's my understanding that we can buy these at the airport in Frankurt. Is this true?
Here is our itinerary-
May 11-land in Frankfurt
Train to Munich and spend the night there.
May 12-Train to Hallstatt
May 15-Train to Garmisch
May 17-Train to Colmar
May 19--Train to Dusseldorf
pick up rental car and hubby has work 21-22
May 22--drive to cochem late afternoon
May 24-drive to Frankfurt and drop off car/fly home
Looking at our schedule, we have several train trips--does a pass make more sense?
Thank you all so much for all your help so far--y'all are amazing!
Train advice needed
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Southern Spain
- 2 They Just Don't Read or Listen about DCC Scam
- 3 Driving an RV in Switzerland
- 4 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 5 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 6 29 day Itinerary for southern and eastern France
- 7 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 8 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 9 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma
- 10 Greece or Portugal for 3-4 week fall sojourn?
- 11 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 12 GuideAdvisor, beware!!
- 13 Treis-Karden 4 days and Trier 2 days?
- 14 Best Location for Car Pickup in Naples
- 15 All Set To Go!!
- 16 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 17 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 18 Which european city?
- 19 Christmas in Paris and Strasbourg in 2015
- 20 Skippered Charter Greece Islands
- 21 Scotland November 2015
- 22 Swiss mountain scenery in late April
- 23 Bus Service Between Spoleto and Norcia
- 24 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 25 Italy - Driving from Frankfurt to Florence (June 2012)