I need help from those of you that travel often, especially by train. I have another thread and got some excellent advice but thought I should start another with more detail.
We have set our itinerary after much debate and I went to go check out ticket prices on bahn.com and the prices jumped up on me. I know there are regional passes etc... but am overwhelmed at stringing together so many different options.
I would be grateful if someone could give me some advice on the best ticket options because at this point the rail pass is looking like a better idea. If this is true, It's my understanding that we can buy these at the airport in Frankurt. Is this true?
Here is our itinerary-
May 11-land in Frankfurt
Train to Munich and spend the night there.
May 12-Train to Hallstatt
May 15-Train to Garmisch
May 17-Train to Colmar
May 19--Train to Dusseldorf
pick up rental car and hubby has work 21-22
May 22--drive to cochem late afternoon
May 24-drive to Frankfurt and drop off car/fly home
Looking at our schedule, we have several train trips--does a pass make more sense?
Thank you all so much for all your help so far--y'all are amazing!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Odd Question - freezer and microwave
- 2 Scotland - We're Here!
- 3 Train / Calabria
- 4 Game of Thrones Tour in N. Ireland
- 5 16 days in France and Italy
- 6 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 7 TIM in FCO - update
- 8 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 9 Southern Italy Help - Part 2
- 10 Short Trip to Usak, (Eastern Aegean Turkey)
- 11 Itinery help Crete
- 12 Burgundy or Languedoc-Rousillon
- 13 Lisbon - a few tips
- 14 Two days around Oban - help with itinerary
- 15 Need help traveling from Austria to Switzerland
- 16 Help building itinerary Italy/Austria
- 17 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 18 Avoid Europcar!
- 19 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 20 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 21 Cinque Terre trip/trains
- 22 European Vacation 2017
- 23 3 weeks with Kids - Austria Itinerary help
- 24 offline navigation for a tablet in Germany and Austria
- 25 Need help in completing trip details