I need help from those of you that travel often, especially by train. I have another thread and got some excellent advice but thought I should start another with more detail.
We have set our itinerary after much debate and I went to go check out ticket prices on bahn.com and the prices jumped up on me. I know there are regional passes etc... but am overwhelmed at stringing together so many different options.
I would be grateful if someone could give me some advice on the best ticket options because at this point the rail pass is looking like a better idea. If this is true, It's my understanding that we can buy these at the airport in Frankurt. Is this true?
Here is our itinerary-
May 11-land in Frankfurt
Train to Munich and spend the night there.
May 12-Train to Hallstatt
May 15-Train to Garmisch
May 17-Train to Colmar
May 19--Train to Dusseldorf
pick up rental car and hubby has work 21-22
May 22--drive to cochem late afternoon
May 24-drive to Frankfurt and drop off car/fly home
Looking at our schedule, we have several train trips--does a pass make more sense?
Thank you all so much for all your help so far--y'all are amazing!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 HELP: 3rd trip to France - where should I go?
- 2 Places to visit from Zurich
- 3 The DCC scam is spreading
- 4 Scotland itinerary advice
- 5 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 6 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 7 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 8 Long Train Runnin' through the Alps (Switzerland 2016)
- 9 Positano Hotel in September
- 10 Amsterdam Train Help Please!
- 11 Provence Hotel and Flights
- 12 Preliminary trip planning for Portugal April 2018
- 13 Moderately priced French restaurants in Paris: an update
- 14 2 Week Europe Itinerary
- 15 First trip to Paris! (and Amsterdam)
- 16 Parentheses in France Phone Nos...will iPhone dial appropriately?
- 17 Central London indoor swimming locations
- 18 What's it like staying in a big agriturismo-like complex?
- 19 Paris in August
- 20 Where To Find Adventure In Croatia?
- 21 Norway Hiking Adventure
- 22 Best flight is Vueling airlines, experiences?
- 23 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 24 hotels in Reyjkavik
- 25 Shall I buy the travel plug in advance