I hope someone can help me here. We got a traffic ticket in July 2014 from a trip to Italy a year prior to that. As soon as we got the ticket, we paid the ticket plus the late fees. And now, after one year later, we just received another letter saying that we owe 221 Euros because we did not provide drivers personal data and license information (as I understand from the letter). I just re-read the first letter we received in 2014, and it says the following "You are advised to complete the attached reply form (point D) and send it to the following address, if you do not pay this financial penalty: Municipal Police Department...."
Am I incorrect in understanding that I was supposed to send the form if I don't want to pay the penalty?
Since we paid the balance we did not sent the form.
I find this really ridiculous way of getting more money from tourists. Has anyone had same issue with Italian police? I don't want to pay this fee. Should I fill the letter and send it to the email address provided? Would that change anything?
Any advise is appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://menintalk.com/peruvian-brew/
- 2 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 3 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 4 Italy bus or train
- 5 Ireland itinerary help please
- 6 May get together in Paris
- 7 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 8 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 9 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 10 Best neighborhood for first timer to Lisbon, Portugal
- 11 Switzerland/Italy (2 weeks vacations)
- 12 Travel from Madrid to Barcelona with a Side Trip?
- 13 Naples/The Amalfi Coast...and Sicily?
- 14 Canal du Midi
- 15 Seeking Andalusia itinerary recommendation
- 16 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 17 3 weeks in London, Cornwall and a tiny piece of Wales
- 18 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 19 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 20 Perugia
- 21 Stresa (town), Italy - things to do?
- 22 Booking through Loco2 Train
- 23 Praiano
- 24 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 25 Self drive tour companies
Traffic ticket from Italy was paid last year and now got another!!!