I hope someone can help me here. We got a traffic ticket in July 2014 from a trip to Italy a year prior to that. As soon as we got the ticket, we paid the ticket plus the late fees. And now, after one year later, we just received another letter saying that we owe 221 Euros because we did not provide drivers personal data and license information (as I understand from the letter). I just re-read the first letter we received in 2014, and it says the following "You are advised to complete the attached reply form (point D) and send it to the following address, if you do not pay this financial penalty: Municipal Police Department...."
Am I incorrect in understanding that I was supposed to send the form if I don't want to pay the penalty?
Since we paid the balance we did not sent the form.
I find this really ridiculous way of getting more money from tourists. Has anyone had same issue with Italian police? I don't want to pay this fee. Should I fill the letter and send it to the email address provided? Would that change anything?
Any advise is appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 2 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 3 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 4 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 5 Any recent stays at either the Plaka or Attalos hotels in Athens
- 6 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 7 Stop between Umbria and Firenze
- 8 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 9 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 10 Ireland in April
- 11 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 12 Need itinerary help! Dolomites to Austria through Hallstat to Venice
- 13 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris
- 14 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 15 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 16 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 17 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 18 If you had to choose one......
- 19 getting to CDG
- 20 Towersey, London
- 21 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 22 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 23 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 24 Preliminary planning -- a month in Greece
- 25 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
Traffic ticket from Italy was paid last year and now got another!!!