I just received a traffic violation fine from my last trip to Italy in Aug of 2010. The fine is for 123 euros which I think is a outrageous sum for a traffic ticket! I have read some of your comments on this subject before but I wanted to get some up to date info on what to do with this ticket. Can I be penalized on future trips to Italy if I chose not to pay? Do people really send such large sums of money to a foreign country for such a minor offense. I tried to be very careful about the no traffic zones. I really am not sure that the offense is correct in the destination that is stated on the ticket. If not paid in 60 days the payment goes to 201 euros. Any appeal must be written in Italian, so that is not doable. I would appreciate hearing from you on this matter.
Traffic fine one year later! What to do?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 month's stay in Italy
- 2 Deciding between tour companies- Trafalgar vs Insight
- 3 Planning third trip to France-where to next?
- 4 International driving permit required in France?
- 5 Puglia--need hotel for last 2 nites HELP trip is coming up
- 6 Planning an itinerary in Southern France
- 7 Visit to Bath and London england
- 8 Germany Visa for conference
- 9 Food in Paris-Dining out
- 10 Advice for first family trip to Europe
- 11 Advice and suggestions welcome for 2 month trip
- 12 Itinerary help Geneva, Lausanne , Montreux or Vevey
- 13 Villa Borghese - Neighborhood restaurants?
- 14 Trip report/blog - 2 weeks in Amsterdam, Belgium, and South Africa
- 15 Interesting travel scam article
- 16 10 days from Hannover to Stuttgart - route recommendations, please?
- 17 A full week in The Netherlands
- 18 PRIVATE GUIDES IN ITALY--MASTER LIST
- 19 Scotland trip report July 2014, chapter 1
- 20 Sigh....Swiss Pass HELP!
- 21 England, Scotland, Ireland, and France... Where do I start?! (three weeks)
- 22 There Nights in London - Lodging, Tour, Places
- 23 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 24 10 days in England
- 25 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?