I just received a traffic violation fine from my last trip to Italy in Aug of 2010. The fine is for 123 euros which I think is a outrageous sum for a traffic ticket! I have read some of your comments on this subject before but I wanted to get some up to date info on what to do with this ticket. Can I be penalized on future trips to Italy if I chose not to pay? Do people really send such large sums of money to a foreign country for such a minor offense. I tried to be very careful about the no traffic zones. I really am not sure that the offense is correct in the destination that is stated on the ticket. If not paid in 60 days the payment goes to 201 euros. Any appeal must be written in Italian, so that is not doable. I would appreciate hearing from you on this matter.
Traffic fine one year later! What to do?
View all Europe activity »
- 1 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 2 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 3 To Paris and Provence in June
- 4 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 5 London for Christmas
- 6 Spain itinerary complete - suggestions for inexpensive lodging?
- 7 Advises for trip to Russia
- 8 Family European winter holiday
- 9 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 10 lockers in London's Victoria Station
- 11 6 hours in London; lockers at Heathrow
- 12 Luggage lockers at London train station?
- 13 London - Luggage Couriers from Heathrow?
- 14 Travel by train or bus
- 15 Driving from Nice to Besancon, France
- 16 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 17 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 18 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 19 Euro Train
- 20 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 21 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 22 Need help with picking a place to stay between Paris and Bari
- 23 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 24 Tire, Turkey - Tuesday Market
- 25 Planning a holiday