I'm in Ankara at present. I have a few days to explore and am wondering if its worthwhile visiting Trabzon and/or Samsun and/or Rize in the next few days.
I've been told that these are great places to visit however my concerns are as follows:
1. Weather - as of now the forecast for Trabzon is sunny but chilly on Wed, Thur, Fri. I prefer sunshine because I can get great photos. The cold I can deal with. Clouds and/or rain would be a deal-breaker. Haven't checked the weather for the other places yet.
2. Being off season, would the local transportation be limited or non-existent - for example if I wanted to visit Sumela Monastery, would it be difficult to get there by public transportation?
I'm thinking of getting there by bus - maybe an overnight one considering the travel time.
I am traveling solo and a budget traveler as well. Photography is my main interest.
I would appreciate any comments, suggestions, recommendations etc.
Thank you all in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Isles of Scilly - Anyone Been?
- 2 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 3 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 4 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 5 Itinerary Help - Roadtrip North of Barcelona
- 6 What is best for gps & data for trip to spain and portugal?
- 7 Westerplatte
- 8 Help with Ireland Itinerary
- 9 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 10 Cutback on Spain trip
- 11 European Travel - Trivia Quiz #151
- 12 2017 Easter in Italy
- 13 Luggage for train travel in Europe
- 14 Bernina Express mid-March
- 15 Croatia transportation question.
- 16 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 17 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 18 Biarritz family holiday
- 19 Ireland hotel questions
- 20 Suggested Italy Itinerary
- 21 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 22 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 23 getting to CDG
- 24 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 25 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London