I'm in Ankara at present. I have a few days to explore and am wondering if its worthwhile visiting Trabzon and/or Samsun and/or Rize in the next few days.
I've been told that these are great places to visit however my concerns are as follows:
1. Weather - as of now the forecast for Trabzon is sunny but chilly on Wed, Thur, Fri. I prefer sunshine because I can get great photos. The cold I can deal with. Clouds and/or rain would be a deal-breaker. Haven't checked the weather for the other places yet.
2. Being off season, would the local transportation be limited or non-existent - for example if I wanted to visit Sumela Monastery, would it be difficult to get there by public transportation?
I'm thinking of getting there by bus - maybe an overnight one considering the travel time.
I am traveling solo and a budget traveler as well. Photography is my main interest.
I would appreciate any comments, suggestions, recommendations etc.
Thank you all in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 My greece vacation
- 2 Puglia
- 3 Need Barcelona Gaudi Ticket Help
- 4 How did you or your family ended up in the country you are living now?
- 5 Is it just me or are German cities depressingly ugly?
- 6 From London to Paris to US
- 7 Barcelona Car rental return
- 8 3 week Italy trip with 12 and 14 year old - 2017
- 9 Restaurants and sights in Puglia
- 10 Greece Experts
- 11 Xtrcut @ http://nuvieskincareserum.com/xtrcut/
- 12 Dover queues
- 13 http://www.healthyminimarket.com/hollywood-smiles/
- 14 Passport question - carry with or leave at hotel?
- 15 Venice, Maggiore, Jungfrau
- 16 Itinerary help please!
- 17 AVE train tickets questions.
- 18 Manchester on derby weekend
- 19 Naples or Genoa
- 20 Visiting the Black Forest
- 21 Barcelona to Morocco
- 22 Nike tennis shoes and leggings
- 23 France to stop making foie grois
- 24 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 25 Night Walk, food and Shopping in Rome