I'm in Ankara at present. I have a few days to explore and am wondering if its worthwhile visiting Trabzon and/or Samsun and/or Rize in the next few days.
I've been told that these are great places to visit however my concerns are as follows:
1. Weather - as of now the forecast for Trabzon is sunny but chilly on Wed, Thur, Fri. I prefer sunshine because I can get great photos. The cold I can deal with. Clouds and/or rain would be a deal-breaker. Haven't checked the weather for the other places yet.
2. Being off season, would the local transportation be limited or non-existent - for example if I wanted to visit Sumela Monastery, would it be difficult to get there by public transportation?
I'm thinking of getting there by bus - maybe an overnight one considering the travel time.
I am traveling solo and a budget traveler as well. Photography is my main interest.
I would appreciate any comments, suggestions, recommendations etc.
Thank you all in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 2 The herbs in pure slim 365
- 3 Great Fare Sale Emirate Air
- 4 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 5 Towns or hikes along Lake Lucerne
- 6 Route des Vins
- 7 Seville: Churches and Convent
- 8 2 days in Florence
- 9 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 10 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 11 train from Bucharest to Brasov
- 12 Flight from Athens to Santorini- is this enough time?
- 13 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 14 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 15 base for Andalucia
- 16 Private tour guides in Bayeux
- 17 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 18 Scilly Islands --Abbey Gardens --Tresco
- 19 How to leave Slovenia for US?
- 20 Strasbourg! What to do, what to visit??
- 21 Windsor Castle
- 22 Individual train tickets instead of passes
- 23 14 days in Italy. Advice needed
- 24 Ideas for 10 nights in France for 1st timer
- 25 Roadtrip: France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Luxemburg