I'm in Ankara at present. I have a few days to explore and am wondering if its worthwhile visiting Trabzon and/or Samsun and/or Rize in the next few days.
I've been told that these are great places to visit however my concerns are as follows:
1. Weather - as of now the forecast for Trabzon is sunny but chilly on Wed, Thur, Fri. I prefer sunshine because I can get great photos. The cold I can deal with. Clouds and/or rain would be a deal-breaker. Haven't checked the weather for the other places yet.
2. Being off season, would the local transportation be limited or non-existent - for example if I wanted to visit Sumela Monastery, would it be difficult to get there by public transportation?
I'm thinking of getting there by bus - maybe an overnight one considering the travel time.
I am traveling solo and a budget traveler as well. Photography is my main interest.
I would appreciate any comments, suggestions, recommendations etc.
Thank you all in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Prague hotels
- 2 Our week in Scotland—“againn san t-seachdain ann an Alba”
- 3 Naples, Amalfi coast and Puglia - suggestions please.
- 4 The Princess Diaries: My Three Week Odyssey In Poland And Romania
- 5 Trip Report: Krakow and Warsaw
- 6 Planning a self drive tour of the uk next april
- 7 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 8 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 9 14 days in Greece itinerary ???
- 10 Espagne, Olé! Ancient to modern, through Andalucia, Toledo and Madrid
- 11 Thello night train from Paris to Rome?
- 12 When is Pope's schedule released for 2017?
- 13 Munich
- 14 Holiday trip with kids - suggestions please!
- 15 My trip to Cornwall, bookended by weekends in London
- 16 What to wear visiting England and France during winter?
- 17 One month in southern Spain with little ones. Where to stay?
- 18 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 19 First Time Solo Travel info
- 20 2 Months around Europe and the Balkans. Need help with itinerary!
- 21 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th
- 22 Getting from Ljubljana to Plitvice Lakes
- 23 Poland & Ukraine Summer 2017
- 24 Visa for one Schengen Country, and traveling with EU spouse and children
- 25 Europe in late January