I'm in Ankara at present. I have a few days to explore and am wondering if its worthwhile visiting Trabzon and/or Samsun and/or Rize in the next few days.
I've been told that these are great places to visit however my concerns are as follows:
1. Weather - as of now the forecast for Trabzon is sunny but chilly on Wed, Thur, Fri. I prefer sunshine because I can get great photos. The cold I can deal with. Clouds and/or rain would be a deal-breaker. Haven't checked the weather for the other places yet.
2. Being off season, would the local transportation be limited or non-existent - for example if I wanted to visit Sumela Monastery, would it be difficult to get there by public transportation?
I'm thinking of getting there by bus - maybe an overnight one considering the travel time.
I am traveling solo and a budget traveler as well. Photography is my main interest.
I would appreciate any comments, suggestions, recommendations etc.
Thank you all in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 2 바카라사이트제작■※■『KIA700.CoM』■※■카지노사이트ウ카지노사이트
- 3 Short stay London with Aussie kids or not?
- 4 Sintra
- 5 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 6 Venice Bell Tower
- 7 Day trips: which ones are must-do?
- 8 Heathrow Terminal 2 - Immigration, Bags & Pick-Up
- 9 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 10 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 11 Croatia - Help on itinerary
- 12 Early Itinerary Munich to Croatia
- 13 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 14 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 15 Kayaking in Avignon
- 16 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 17 Comments on Munich, Saltzburg, Lucerne hotels
- 18 best Provence itinerary to see Verdon Gorge
- 19 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 20 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 21 10 days in Italy with 5 and 10 year olds in July
- 22 Cordoba Overnight?
- 23 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 24 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 25 Scotland Trip Report