I'm in Ankara at present. I have a few days to explore and am wondering if its worthwhile visiting Trabzon and/or Samsun and/or Rize in the next few days.
I've been told that these are great places to visit however my concerns are as follows:
1. Weather - as of now the forecast for Trabzon is sunny but chilly on Wed, Thur, Fri. I prefer sunshine because I can get great photos. The cold I can deal with. Clouds and/or rain would be a deal-breaker. Haven't checked the weather for the other places yet.
2. Being off season, would the local transportation be limited or non-existent - for example if I wanted to visit Sumela Monastery, would it be difficult to get there by public transportation?
I'm thinking of getting there by bus - maybe an overnight one considering the travel time.
I am traveling solo and a budget traveler as well. Photography is my main interest.
I would appreciate any comments, suggestions, recommendations etc.
Thank you all in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 European Championship
- 2 Seeking advice for fall trip to Puglia
- 3 Departure Tax in UK
- 4 Monti in Rome, your thoughts please
- 5 How to split time between Dubrovnik and Split?
- 6 Restauant Suggestions for our Spain Trip
- 7 Edinburgh to Bath - what is best option? train or plane
- 8 Switzerland and Italy 8 days
- 9 Madrid - Madrid - 9 days
- 10 KLM mandatory Animal Hotel SCAM
- 11 Bellissimo Rome, Amalfi Coast, Florence and Caserta: Our wonderful trip
- 12 Help. Medical escort needed after accident during holiday.
- 13 Naples to Pompeii
- 14 To europe this Aug
- 15 12 days in Austria
- 16 Day Trips from Lisbon
- 17 Road Trip! Two weeks in Ireland with planning advice for you.
- 18 Travel Pass Suggestion
- 19 Swiss Alps to Florence
- 20 First time Germany Frankfurt to Munich 2 weeks
- 21 Very last minute Swiss train help!
- 22 Quaint Towns within 2hr Driving from Amsterdam
- 23 2 week in Europe Itinerary help
- 24 Ireland in November
- 25 I'm back.....