I'm in Ankara at present. I have a few days to explore and am wondering if its worthwhile visiting Trabzon and/or Samsun and/or Rize in the next few days.
I've been told that these are great places to visit however my concerns are as follows:
1. Weather - as of now the forecast for Trabzon is sunny but chilly on Wed, Thur, Fri. I prefer sunshine because I can get great photos. The cold I can deal with. Clouds and/or rain would be a deal-breaker. Haven't checked the weather for the other places yet.
2. Being off season, would the local transportation be limited or non-existent - for example if I wanted to visit Sumela Monastery, would it be difficult to get there by public transportation?
I'm thinking of getting there by bus - maybe an overnight one considering the travel time.
I am traveling solo and a budget traveler as well. Photography is my main interest.
I would appreciate any comments, suggestions, recommendations etc.
Thank you all in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Portable WiFi Device in Poland
- 2 Input on England, Scotland & Ireland
- 3 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 4 France to stop making foie grois
- 5 Help with Italy Itinerary: October 2016
- 6 When and how to book for a trip?
- 7 Utrecht plus ?? beginning of July with family
- 8 Wine Tours from Pienza
- 9 Schengen Visa Question - Student Visa / Visitor Visa
- 10 please revew provence agenda
- 11 colorado provencal or ochre path in roussillon?
- 12 Rome to Venice - What to see in between ?
- 13 5 hours in Genoa or next to Genoa?
- 14 Scandinavia Itinerary Advice
- 15 Norway in November
- 16 Florence to Pisa Round Trip
- 17 Heraklion to Chania by Bus
- 18 Backpacking in South East Europe
- 19 Swiss German
- 20 Quick drive thru Luxmbourg
- 21 Rain forecast Provence next Sunday and Monday. Any suggestions?
- 22 Italy
- 23 Twelve Nights: Venice, Bologna & Paris (plus Ravenna)
- 24 Is Mljet a reasonable substitute for Korcula?
- 25 Arriving Athens at night