I'm in Ankara at present. I have a few days to explore and am wondering if its worthwhile visiting Trabzon and/or Samsun and/or Rize in the next few days.
I've been told that these are great places to visit however my concerns are as follows:
1. Weather - as of now the forecast for Trabzon is sunny but chilly on Wed, Thur, Fri. I prefer sunshine because I can get great photos. The cold I can deal with. Clouds and/or rain would be a deal-breaker. Haven't checked the weather for the other places yet.
2. Being off season, would the local transportation be limited or non-existent - for example if I wanted to visit Sumela Monastery, would it be difficult to get there by public transportation?
I'm thinking of getting there by bus - maybe an overnight one considering the travel time.
I am traveling solo and a budget traveler as well. Photography is my main interest.
I would appreciate any comments, suggestions, recommendations etc.
Thank you all in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Planning Advice!
- 2 BNL ATMs
- 3 How to spend a glorious week in Switzerland?
- 4 BNL machines in Italy
- 5 Paris Looses $846 Million in Tourism
- 6 Venice to Rome via Pisa in 1 day
- 7 *Need help w/Puglia itinerary*
- 8 How to divide 4 weeks of lakes and mountains with kids in Italy?
- 9 Milan / Venice / Tuscany/ Barcelona
- 10 Portland, Maine GTG
- 11 Help with itinerary
- 12 Prague Beyond the "Usual"
- 13 Northern Italy with Kids?
- 14 italy Cinque Terre and Lake Como
- 15 Walking stylish sandals/flats
- 16 Trip report (Lisbon, Doura valley, Marvao, Evora, Algarve)
- 17 England and Wales by public transport
- 18 Berlin restaurant recs
- 19 italy itinerary
- 20 Stu Dudley's Provence and French Riviera Itinerary
- 21 One day visit to Helsinki on a cruise ship
- 22 4 nights between Zeebrugge and Strasbourg
- 23 Iceland Trip Report - Very Long!
- 24 Day Trip to Greenland from Reykjavik
- 25 20 free days of Europe