I'm in Ankara at present. I have a few days to explore and am wondering if its worthwhile visiting Trabzon and/or Samsun and/or Rize in the next few days.
I've been told that these are great places to visit however my concerns are as follows:
1. Weather - as of now the forecast for Trabzon is sunny but chilly on Wed, Thur, Fri. I prefer sunshine because I can get great photos. The cold I can deal with. Clouds and/or rain would be a deal-breaker. Haven't checked the weather for the other places yet.
2. Being off season, would the local transportation be limited or non-existent - for example if I wanted to visit Sumela Monastery, would it be difficult to get there by public transportation?
I'm thinking of getting there by bus - maybe an overnight one considering the travel time.
I am traveling solo and a budget traveler as well. Photography is my main interest.
I would appreciate any comments, suggestions, recommendations etc.
Thank you all in advance.
Trabzon, Samsun and Rize This Week
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Alhambra tickets for May?
- 2 Mediterranean Vacation - Transportation
- 3 Swiss decisions
- 4 10-12 nights in Switzerland and France
- 5 Medieval Dinner other than Bunratty
- 6 Northwestern Switzerland Fall 2014
- 7 Family trip to France with kids
- 8 Leaving Tomorrow need some last minute advice
- 9 More time in Colmar/Strasbourg vs a day for Reims or Chartes
- 10 Train tickets France and Spain
- 11 Europe in June with 8-year old
- 12 Greece with 10yr old who wants to re-live Greek mythology
- 13 A week in spain
- 14 One night somewhere between Zurich and Geneva
- 15 Where to honeymoon in Southern France and Northern Italy?
- 16 Help - Train: Florence to Salerno & Ferry: Salerno to Positano
- 17 Paris Shopping - stationery, linens, hats, kitchen stuff
- 18 The Train In Spain And Maybe Take A Plane?
- 19 Looking for Decent Beach near Marseille, France
- 20 Buying Louis Vuitton Handbag
- 21 Time to get lowest airfare to Norway
- 22 Please help me plan my trip!
- 23 Vienna and Prague or Venice/Sienna/Rome for honeymoon?
- 24 Tedgale trip report: One glorious week in London, February, 2015
- 25 where to stay in Lake Como in mid-May?