I'm in Ankara at present. I have a few days to explore and am wondering if its worthwhile visiting Trabzon and/or Samsun and/or Rize in the next few days.
I've been told that these are great places to visit however my concerns are as follows:
1. Weather - as of now the forecast for Trabzon is sunny but chilly on Wed, Thur, Fri. I prefer sunshine because I can get great photos. The cold I can deal with. Clouds and/or rain would be a deal-breaker. Haven't checked the weather for the other places yet.
2. Being off season, would the local transportation be limited or non-existent - for example if I wanted to visit Sumela Monastery, would it be difficult to get there by public transportation?
I'm thinking of getting there by bus - maybe an overnight one considering the travel time.
I am traveling solo and a budget traveler as well. Photography is my main interest.
I would appreciate any comments, suggestions, recommendations etc.
Thank you all in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Charming hotel in Milan?
- 2 Summer French classes for kids
- 3 Special Settings for Sitting! Paris
- 4 ITALY – ON AND OFF THE BEATEN PATH: Venice & Northern Italy
- 5 Trans-Siberia Train
- 6 France: Montpellier, Toulouse, Bordeaux, Loire, Paris
- 7 Rome/Bologna Itinerary
- 8 Tot or Trans Montserrat tickets
- 9 Discover Effortless Way To Construct Muscle Fast
- 10 Edgard bus website English version?
- 11 Are you looking for most affordable tour packages?
- 12 Train from Budapest to Bratislava or Brno
- 13 Nike tennis shoes and leggings
- 14 Scotland/UK itinerary
- 15 Lots of walking, amazing scenery & wine - 3 weeks France & Germany.
- 16 Trip report: 24 days in Croatia, Slovenia and Budapest
- 17 Paris New Years Eve and New Years Day
- 18 Car rental/return near London
- 19 Anyone been to the Goodwood Festival of Speed?
- 20 Early Flight Out of Stockholm on Disembarkation Day
- 21 The Mystery and Beauty of Galicia
- 22 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 23 Europe Itinerary
- 24 Trip Report and Photos - The Baltics – Tallinn, Riga and Vilnius
- 25 Camino Redux