Hello (again) everyone,
Last June was my first ever trip to Europe. I visited Italy and France and like everyone, I did a ton of research on the internet and Fodor's to prepare for my trip. When I recounted my trip here, the responses were quite encouraging, for which I'm thankful. The best part of it all is when someone said my information was useful for his/her upcoming trip (In case you're interested, here are the links: http://goo.gl/j4Wyyf and http://goo.gl/BpBfHJ)
Anyway, I never thought I'd get to visit the old continent again so soon because traveling to somewhere far like EU or US is a huge deal for us with all the visa hassle, savings, leave permission etc. But the reality is I did manage to go. And even though I went on a shoestring, I had the most meaningful traveling experience to date. This time, I visited Spain and Portugal and also squeezed in several days in Paris to pick up all I had left off from my first trip.
The first stop of the trip was Barcelona, where I spent 3.5 days. Like everyone, when it was time to leave, I tortured myself why I hadn't allocated more time for the city. It really is one of the most amazing cities in Europe, and we all should spend at least 4-5 days there. Nevertheless, the city still gave me plenty of fond memories to write about After writing my previous trip report, I have realized I'm a very wordy person so this time, I restrained myself and only share what impress me most instead of going on and on about what time I woke up and went to bed and how the weather was. LOL. Without further ado, here is my trip in a nutshell:
Again, I hope you all enjoy and find it helpful. If you have any question, let me know
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What kind of tea can i choose in afternoon tea in France?
- 2 Photography gear for Rome and Venice
- 3 Loire or Provence in January?
- 4 Classical or choral or sacred music venues in Rome
- 5 Entertaining 17 year-old in Rome
- 6 which train from Gatwick? And rental car pickup
- 7 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
- 8 Rome or Venice first
- 9 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 10 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 11 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 12 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 13 What experiences were most memorable for your kids?
- 14 Paris Oct 31-Nov 4
- 15 Europe First Timers
- 16 LeHavre to Rennes/St. Malo?
- 17 Restaurants in Rome near Pantheon, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain
- 18 Place to Eat in Aix-en-Provence
- 19 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 20 Iceland photo tour- any tips?
- 21 Funniest of Fodor Threads
- 22 Can I buy a Sim card at FCO? Terminal 3
- 23 Rome and Amalfi Coast Trip Report
- 24 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 25 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
TR: 10 things I LOVE about Barcelona in 3.5 days!
Hello (again) everyone,