Hello (again) everyone,
Last June was my first ever trip to Europe. I visited Italy and France and like everyone, I did a ton of research on the internet and Fodor's to prepare for my trip. When I recounted my trip here, the responses were quite encouraging, for which I'm thankful. The best part of it all is when someone said my information was useful for his/her upcoming trip (In case you're interested, here are the links: http://goo.gl/j4Wyyf and http://goo.gl/BpBfHJ)
Anyway, I never thought I'd get to visit the old continent again so soon because traveling to somewhere far like EU or US is a huge deal for us with all the visa hassle, savings, leave permission etc. But the reality is I did manage to go. And even though I went on a shoestring, I had the most meaningful traveling experience to date. This time, I visited Spain and Portugal and also squeezed in several days in Paris to pick up all I had left off from my first trip.
The first stop of the trip was Barcelona, where I spent 3.5 days. Like everyone, when it was time to leave, I tortured myself why I hadn't allocated more time for the city. It really is one of the most amazing cities in Europe, and we all should spend at least 4-5 days there. Nevertheless, the city still gave me plenty of fond memories to write about After writing my previous trip report, I have realized I'm a very wordy person so this time, I restrained myself and only share what impress me most instead of going on and on about what time I woke up and went to bed and how the weather was. LOL. Without further ado, here is my trip in a nutshell:
Again, I hope you all enjoy and find it helpful. If you have any question, let me know
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy- 18nights, 4 regions!
- 2 AVE Train ticket purchase in Spain
- 3 France: advice on where to go with young kids
- 4 Day tour in Kilkenny
- 5 When to Arrive At The Airport
- 6 Whirlwind Italy in 16 days
- 7 Book recommendation: Non-travel book about the Dolomites
- 8 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 9 Trip to London with side trip to Wales/daytrip?
- 10 Solo backpacking for 5 weeks
- 11 Cost of Van from CDG
- 12 To St. Pancras at stupid-o'clock: how would you do it?
- 13 Help planning a driving trip in Eastern Europe in July
- 14 German Train travel
- 15 Barcelona on budget
- 16 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 17 Catalunya, Cathars and Castles (and vino!)
- 18 Cheese Tours in Italy
- 19 Edinburgh-London-Paris in that order
- 20 to do with kids 2 1/2 days with a layover in frankfurt
- 21 Plug ins for London and Paris
- 22 New Dublin Museum
- 23 Touring Switzerland, Germany, and Austria
- 24 Car service- Suitcase & hand luggage
- 25 How best to spend a long day in Warnemunde
TR: 10 things I LOVE about Barcelona in 3.5 days!
Hello (again) everyone,