My husband and I will be driving with our 2 young adult children in Clare and Connemara Countries in April, after 5 days in and around Dublin. We plan to visit coastal areas in Clare, Galway Bay and up to Westport before returning to Kildare. Should we base ourselves in Galway for the 5 days or split between Westport and another town? We enjoy hiking, eating, historical sights, photography. It's our first trip to Ireland and this is the area, other than Dublin, we've decided to explore.
Towns suggestions to stay while driving Western Ireland for 5 days
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 2 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 3 5 days in Europe: Budapest/Berlin or Copenhagen/Talinn or something else?
- 4 Location and amenities in Edinburgh, Scotland
- 5 France/Italy Itinerary Check
- 6 Estonia Amber
- 7 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 8 French embassy schengen visa related questions
- 9 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 10 Villages to stay in Germany close to trains
- 11 9 nights in Switzerland Help!Please.
- 12 Swiss pass or Individual tickets?
- 13 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 14 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 15 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 16 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 17 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 18 Dordogne and Paris - April/May 2013
- 19 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 20 9 days in turkey
- 21 Burg Eltz
- 22 Better to return car in Orvieto or airport Fiumicino (in Rome)
- 23 Germany-berlin marathon
- 24 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 25 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions