We will be attending the Nuremberg Toy Fair in January 2014. We made the decision to attend last week and since it's so late - all hotels in Nuremberg are basically booked. I found some information on the VGN tickets, which sound like they may be a good solution for us since we will more than likely be staying outside of Nuremberg.
I went to the VGN website and found a list of towns that are included in this VGN ticket area. Any recommendations on towns to stay in or pointers for using the VGN. We have never used the VGN. We like the more quaint hotels/B&B's but at this point - I think we will be lucky to find a place to stay.
The fair starts on Wed, 1/29. We are thinking of arriving in Germany, Monday 27 to do some sightseeing and then hit the fair on the 29th. Originally we planned to stay somewhere for 2 days - and then go to Nuremberg and stay in Nuremberg for the fair. That plan didn't work - so now we are looking for a place to stay for the fair outside of Nuremberg as well as tour for those 2 days before the fair.
Will keep looking but thought I'd check to see if anyone here has used the VGN tickets and if had any pointers on towns and tickets.
Thank you for your help!
Towns outside of Nuremberg that we could stay for use with VGN Ticket ...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 2 Can you help me with an Oyster Card?
- 3 Help with England/Wales tour
- 4 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 5 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 6 Deciding on apartment location in Rome
- 7 Reykjavik hotels
- 8 Hotels that we found special
- 9 need help with a european/UK winter travel itinerary (3 weeks)
- 10 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 11 Too many Trip Reports
- 12 How much do you spend on travel in Europe?
- 13 Staycation: can't believe I'm doing this
- 14 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 15 Two Dip-$hits go to Italy! Amalfi Coast, Rome and Bologna
- 16 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 17 Public holiday Prague 17 Nov
- 18 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK
- 19 travel from Malaga to Rhonda Spain
- 20 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 21 For Those of You Who Scoff At Train Travel
- 22 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 23 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 24 Top 10 Don't Miss -- ROI and NI
- 25 6+ weeks in Portugal and Spain - itinerary suggestions pls