We will be attending the Nuremberg Toy Fair in January 2014. We made the decision to attend last week and since it's so late - all hotels in Nuremberg are basically booked. I found some information on the VGN tickets, which sound like they may be a good solution for us since we will more than likely be staying outside of Nuremberg.
I went to the VGN website and found a list of towns that are included in this VGN ticket area. Any recommendations on towns to stay in or pointers for using the VGN. We have never used the VGN. We like the more quaint hotels/B&B's but at this point - I think we will be lucky to find a place to stay.
The fair starts on Wed, 1/29. We are thinking of arriving in Germany, Monday 27 to do some sightseeing and then hit the fair on the 29th. Originally we planned to stay somewhere for 2 days - and then go to Nuremberg and stay in Nuremberg for the fair. That plan didn't work - so now we are looking for a place to stay for the fair outside of Nuremberg as well as tour for those 2 days before the fair.
Will keep looking but thought I'd check to see if anyone here has used the VGN tickets and if had any pointers on towns and tickets.
Thank you for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 2 My Topic TitleT 10 card question
- 3 Area for a 2 Week Stay in Malaga
- 4 alcazar question and seville advice
- 5 Amsterdam highlights
- 6 First visit to London
- 7 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 8 Villa in Italy
- 9 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 10 Ireland base towns (and timing) - Connemara/W. Cork?
- 11 Paris advice with kids
- 12 International drivers permit
- 13 Visiting Positano and Amalfi
- 14 Cap Ferrat, Antibe, Luberon?
- 15 8-days in Greece, Rhodes or Crete?
- 16 Worst flight booking with edreams
- 17 Paris travel help
- 18 Anyone stay at Homeaway: Villa Iride in Praiano, Amalfi Coast?
- 19 Time to tell on yourself (embarassing travel stories)
- 20 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 21 Getting to Eilean Donan Castle
- 22 paris hotel easy commute to Palais de Congres
- 23 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Wine tours and Luberon Wine Producers
- 24 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 25 One night in the Dolomites
Towns outside of Nuremberg that we could stay for use with VGN Ticket ...