We will be attending the Nuremberg Toy Fair in January 2014. We made the decision to attend last week and since it's so late - all hotels in Nuremberg are basically booked. I found some information on the VGN tickets, which sound like they may be a good solution for us since we will more than likely be staying outside of Nuremberg.
I went to the VGN website and found a list of towns that are included in this VGN ticket area. Any recommendations on towns to stay in or pointers for using the VGN. We have never used the VGN. We like the more quaint hotels/B&B's but at this point - I think we will be lucky to find a place to stay.
The fair starts on Wed, 1/29. We are thinking of arriving in Germany, Monday 27 to do some sightseeing and then hit the fair on the 29th. Originally we planned to stay somewhere for 2 days - and then go to Nuremberg and stay in Nuremberg for the fair. That plan didn't work - so now we are looking for a place to stay for the fair outside of Nuremberg as well as tour for those 2 days before the fair.
Will keep looking but thought I'd check to see if anyone here has used the VGN tickets and if had any pointers on towns and tickets.
Thank you for your help!
Towns outside of Nuremberg that we could stay for use with VGN Ticket ...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with England/Wales tour
- 2 57 Reasons to Love Yorkshire
- 3 Spain and Portugal return
- 4 TR: Self indulgence in London and Venice
- 5 60 Minutes: Scathing Review of Italy's Care of Cultural Heritage...
- 6 Walking and Hiking around Nice
- 7 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 8 Did I miss MaiTai's Paris trip report??
- 9 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 10 How Long Does it take to get to FCO
- 11 Ireland or Scotland
- 12 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 13 Family heritage/name origin services in Poland?
- 14 Question on France travel
- 15 Cruise the River Shannon
- 16 NEED ADVICE: 2 Months in Italy, 1 Month through Spain, Greece, and France
- 17 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 18 Places for a Special Dinner (2 cancer survivors!) in Montecatini
- 19 Can you help me with an Oyster Card?
- 20 Something unique about your best city anywhere in Europe
- 21 Autumn in Paris
- 22 Crete, Santorini, Naxos, Mykonos, Athens
- 23 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 24 Italy and Croatia
- 25 St Germain