We will be attending the Nuremberg Toy Fair in January 2014. We made the decision to attend last week and since it's so late - all hotels in Nuremberg are basically booked. I found some information on the VGN tickets, which sound like they may be a good solution for us since we will more than likely be staying outside of Nuremberg.
I went to the VGN website and found a list of towns that are included in this VGN ticket area. Any recommendations on towns to stay in or pointers for using the VGN. We have never used the VGN. We like the more quaint hotels/B&B's but at this point - I think we will be lucky to find a place to stay.
The fair starts on Wed, 1/29. We are thinking of arriving in Germany, Monday 27 to do some sightseeing and then hit the fair on the 29th. Originally we planned to stay somewhere for 2 days - and then go to Nuremberg and stay in Nuremberg for the fair. That plan didn't work - so now we are looking for a place to stay for the fair outside of Nuremberg as well as tour for those 2 days before the fair.
Will keep looking but thought I'd check to see if anyone here has used the VGN tickets and if had any pointers on towns and tickets.
Thank you for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dinan or Avranches to visit Le Mont St. Michel?
- 2 Amalfi Coast or the Lakes and where to fit in France?
- 3 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 4 Ravenna Mosaics
- 5 Shopping: and how to bring it back with you? Spain/Basque/France
- 6 Cyprus or Turkey for a beach holiday?
- 7 FlamencoTickets.com reliable site?
- 8 Sept Help Needed Hotels & Timing: Budapest, Prague, Berlin, Amsterdam
- 9 Greece Itinerary
- 10 Munich, Salzburg, Vienna, Budapest
- 11 What do you trust more: Booking or Tripadvisor?
- 12 Does the heat of Europe ever grind you down?
- 13 15 days trip to Europe
- 14 Provins as a day trip from Paris
- 15 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 16 Cinque Terre trail closures?
- 17 Amsterdam, Germany
- 18 Markets in Malaga, Seville, Madrid
- 19 The nieces take Bruce and Marija to Paris, Venice and London
- 20 Help needed for Netherlands itinerary please
- 21 European Travel in March
- 22 Scotland Highlands Help
- 23 I'm moving to Italy...one way or another
- 24 Changing planes in Frankfurt
- 25 Our time in Rome
Towns outside of Nuremberg that we could stay for use with VGN Ticket ...