We will be attending the Nuremberg Toy Fair in January 2014. We made the decision to attend last week and since it's so late - all hotels in Nuremberg are basically booked. I found some information on the VGN tickets, which sound like they may be a good solution for us since we will more than likely be staying outside of Nuremberg.
I went to the VGN website and found a list of towns that are included in this VGN ticket area. Any recommendations on towns to stay in or pointers for using the VGN. We have never used the VGN. We like the more quaint hotels/B&B's but at this point - I think we will be lucky to find a place to stay.
The fair starts on Wed, 1/29. We are thinking of arriving in Germany, Monday 27 to do some sightseeing and then hit the fair on the 29th. Originally we planned to stay somewhere for 2 days - and then go to Nuremberg and stay in Nuremberg for the fair. That plan didn't work - so now we are looking for a place to stay for the fair outside of Nuremberg as well as tour for those 2 days before the fair.
Will keep looking but thought I'd check to see if anyone here has used the VGN tickets and if had any pointers on towns and tickets.
Thank you for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amsterdam - Germanyin mid April
- 2 X-ray machines at train stations in Europe?
- 3 Christmas in London (& Paris)
- 4 Take your time to see San Gimignano
- 5 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 6 Stay in El Born, in Barcelona, and getting to the Languedoc, France
- 7 Car rental leaving Rome
- 8 Honeymoon Help! September 2016
- 9 Barcelona to San Sebastian
- 10 Wroclaw & Krakow, Poland
- 11 Handicap Assistance at Charles de Gaulle - Our Experience
- 12 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 13 Greece in March?
- 14 Best company/Tour for one day Amalfi Coast from Rome
- 15 Help with final 6 days of Norway itinerary
- 16 Does Wroclaw, Krakow, Warsaw sound like a good 8-day Polish trip?
- 17 Holland/France/Spain
- 18 Why Not Helsinki?
- 19 Paris for Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve
- 20 Best boutique shops for kids within walking distance of Notre Dame?
- 21 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 22 The dog cemetery of Asnières
- 23 Last min prep for Krakow - Questions
- 24 Any special about stockholm (13th or 14th to go Stockholm)?
- 25 Glasgow and Edinburgh
Towns outside of Nuremberg that we could stay for use with VGN Ticket ...