We will be attending the Nuremberg Toy Fair in January 2014. We made the decision to attend last week and since it's so late - all hotels in Nuremberg are basically booked. I found some information on the VGN tickets, which sound like they may be a good solution for us since we will more than likely be staying outside of Nuremberg.
I went to the VGN website and found a list of towns that are included in this VGN ticket area. Any recommendations on towns to stay in or pointers for using the VGN. We have never used the VGN. We like the more quaint hotels/B&B's but at this point - I think we will be lucky to find a place to stay.
The fair starts on Wed, 1/29. We are thinking of arriving in Germany, Monday 27 to do some sightseeing and then hit the fair on the 29th. Originally we planned to stay somewhere for 2 days - and then go to Nuremberg and stay in Nuremberg for the fair. That plan didn't work - so now we are looking for a place to stay for the fair outside of Nuremberg as well as tour for those 2 days before the fair.
Will keep looking but thought I'd check to see if anyone here has used the VGN tickets and if had any pointers on towns and tickets.
Thank you for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Munich and Garmisch-Partenkirchen: a german trip report
- 2 My Fundraising Dream in Paris
- 3 London and Paris 13 day HS graduation trip
- 4 Overnight Train Questions
- 5 Car Rental tips while in Greece?
- 6 Rome, Amalfi coast September/October help
- 7 Italy - best two central locations
- 8 2 month Itinerary Ideas (summer)
- 9 Trip Report: Christmas in Paris with 9- and 10-year-old kids
- 10 Advance Passes & Tickets for Paris, Venice, Rome & Interlaken
- 11 Tower of London for the "sensitive"
- 12 Vet my itinerary
- 13 Family Trip to Italy - North or South? April, July or October?
- 14 Amsterdam hotels
- 15 Hotels in Amsterdam
- 16 Croatia Driving Trip in March
- 17 Day Trips From Paris: Champagne
- 18 Sicily - Itinerary suggestions
- 19 Back to Bari--Basilicata Itinerary Musings
- 20 Need Apartment with Paris Balcony for Family of Five - Not tourist central
- 21 Istanbul tour guides?
- 22 Flamenco Shows
- 23 Information about Bad Schandau, Germany
- 24 Andalusia itinerary comments & advice please!
- 25 Would you give up time in Malaga for more time in Granada?
Towns outside of Nuremberg that we could stay for use with VGN Ticket ...