We will be attending the Nuremberg Toy Fair in January 2014. We made the decision to attend last week and since it's so late - all hotels in Nuremberg are basically booked. I found some information on the VGN tickets, which sound like they may be a good solution for us since we will more than likely be staying outside of Nuremberg.
I went to the VGN website and found a list of towns that are included in this VGN ticket area. Any recommendations on towns to stay in or pointers for using the VGN. We have never used the VGN. We like the more quaint hotels/B&B's but at this point - I think we will be lucky to find a place to stay.
The fair starts on Wed, 1/29. We are thinking of arriving in Germany, Monday 27 to do some sightseeing and then hit the fair on the 29th. Originally we planned to stay somewhere for 2 days - and then go to Nuremberg and stay in Nuremberg for the fair. That plan didn't work - so now we are looking for a place to stay for the fair outside of Nuremberg as well as tour for those 2 days before the fair.
Will keep looking but thought I'd check to see if anyone here has used the VGN tickets and if had any pointers on towns and tickets.
Thank you for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 2 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 3 Germany or Sweden
- 4 Trains in Italy
- 5 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 6 November in Rome
- 7 Alitala
- 8 Whathello Paris
- 9 Trip report: Paris-Bordeaux-Barcelona-Madrid
- 10 Is This SIM Mobile Computer Plan OK?
- 11 Lisbon: Stay in the city or nearby?
- 12 PARIS
- 13 Germany vs Sweden nightlife
- 14 Rouen or Rennes to pick up Rental Car
- 15 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
- 16 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 17 Rome -- The next time around
- 18 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 19 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 20 London vacation rental agency
- 21 Transport for local Venice travel
- 22 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 23 Campania in June, July, September
- 24 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 25 7 nights in Iceland, in July 2018
Towns outside of Nuremberg that we could stay for use with VGN Ticket ...