We will be attending the Nuremberg Toy Fair in January 2014. We made the decision to attend last week and since it's so late - all hotels in Nuremberg are basically booked. I found some information on the VGN tickets, which sound like they may be a good solution for us since we will more than likely be staying outside of Nuremberg.
I went to the VGN website and found a list of towns that are included in this VGN ticket area. Any recommendations on towns to stay in or pointers for using the VGN. We have never used the VGN. We like the more quaint hotels/B&B's but at this point - I think we will be lucky to find a place to stay.
The fair starts on Wed, 1/29. We are thinking of arriving in Germany, Monday 27 to do some sightseeing and then hit the fair on the 29th. Originally we planned to stay somewhere for 2 days - and then go to Nuremberg and stay in Nuremberg for the fair. That plan didn't work - so now we are looking for a place to stay for the fair outside of Nuremberg as well as tour for those 2 days before the fair.
Will keep looking but thought I'd check to see if anyone here has used the VGN tickets and if had any pointers on towns and tickets.
Thank you for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Santorini
- 2 Northern Ireland itinerary
- 3 Can't go to Ravello so....where?
- 4 Rome> Salerno>Positano ??
- 5 Help planning!! 3 days between Kandersteg & Interlaken
- 6 Iberia Airlines compensation for delayed luggage
- 7 Venice worth it? 2 or 3 nights?
- 8 Salzburg or Cesky Krumlov??
- 9 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 10 Flights to Venice--how much time is enough for stop in Amsterdam?
- 11 Tuscany: Which town(s) to stay in if main priorities are wine & food?
- 12 Itinerary….Need help from Ireland Guru's
- 13 Driving from Tuscany to Positano - recos needed!
- 14 Italy train strike - high speed trains?
- 15 Amsterdam in August
- 16 Spoleto, Bevagna, Montefalco or Spello?
- 17 Access from Normandy American Cemetery to Beach No Longer Accessible
- 18 Seville Itinerary
- 19 Getting From Milan to Arezzo
- 20 flying into Lyon..have 10 days
- 21 6 x Day Roadtrip in the Andalucia Region
- 22 First timers to Italy
- 23 Help. Medical escort needed after accident during holiday.
- 24 Spello v. Spoleto as base for Umbria
- 25 Heraklion, Crete, Greece
Towns outside of Nuremberg that we could stay for use with VGN Ticket ...