We will be attending the Nuremberg Toy Fair in January 2014. We made the decision to attend last week and since it's so late - all hotels in Nuremberg are basically booked. I found some information on the VGN tickets, which sound like they may be a good solution for us since we will more than likely be staying outside of Nuremberg.
I went to the VGN website and found a list of towns that are included in this VGN ticket area. Any recommendations on towns to stay in or pointers for using the VGN. We have never used the VGN. We like the more quaint hotels/B&B's but at this point - I think we will be lucky to find a place to stay.
The fair starts on Wed, 1/29. We are thinking of arriving in Germany, Monday 27 to do some sightseeing and then hit the fair on the 29th. Originally we planned to stay somewhere for 2 days - and then go to Nuremberg and stay in Nuremberg for the fair. That plan didn't work - so now we are looking for a place to stay for the fair outside of Nuremberg as well as tour for those 2 days before the fair.
Will keep looking but thought I'd check to see if anyone here has used the VGN tickets and if had any pointers on towns and tickets.
Thank you for your help!
Towns outside of Nuremberg that we could stay for use with VGN Ticket ...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 2 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 3 Itinerary Help!
- 4 Toulouse and beyond -
- 5 Lots of help needed- First time going to Italy- Itinerary suggestions
- 6 Looking for advice on hotels in Paris
- 7 tour guides in rome
- 8 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 9 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 10 Amalfi (town) to Pompeii (ruins entrance-luggage storage area)
- 11 driving map for Croatia and BiH
- 12 4 Cs-Champagne, Cartier, Chanel & Christmas in Paris 2013 were fantastic!
- 13 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 14 Ony 3-4 nights in Ortigia, priorities?????????
- 15 christmas lunch or dinner munich 2014
- 16 Seaside island village in Greece
- 17 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 18 Wales/Scotland Trip - August 2014
- 19 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 20 7 days in Greece
- 21 4 night stay for 5 in interlaken
- 22 Just Another Macarons, Hot Chocolate, Tucked into Bed by 11 Paris Report
- 23 Spain itineraries
- 24 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 25 Greek Island Chartering Yacht with Skipper?