We will be attending the Nuremberg Toy Fair in January 2014. We made the decision to attend last week and since it's so late - all hotels in Nuremberg are basically booked. I found some information on the VGN tickets, which sound like they may be a good solution for us since we will more than likely be staying outside of Nuremberg.
I went to the VGN website and found a list of towns that are included in this VGN ticket area. Any recommendations on towns to stay in or pointers for using the VGN. We have never used the VGN. We like the more quaint hotels/B&B's but at this point - I think we will be lucky to find a place to stay.
The fair starts on Wed, 1/29. We are thinking of arriving in Germany, Monday 27 to do some sightseeing and then hit the fair on the 29th. Originally we planned to stay somewhere for 2 days - and then go to Nuremberg and stay in Nuremberg for the fair. That plan didn't work - so now we are looking for a place to stay for the fair outside of Nuremberg as well as tour for those 2 days before the fair.
Will keep looking but thought I'd check to see if anyone here has used the VGN tickets and if had any pointers on towns and tickets.
Thank you for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 CHEAP SAFARIS TO TANZANIA
- 2 European Cooking Secrets
- 3 Trip changes- added Paris and Florence!
- 4 Almalfi coast late March? Or Piedmont?
- 5 Andalusia, Tangiers, Barcelona?
- 6 plane or train for quick trip Rome to Venice
- 7 Bruges to Paris Train Questions
- 8 Planning and Logistics Amsterdam, Lakes district and scotland
- 9 Eastern Provence, French Alps, Nice
- 10 Need itinerary suggestions for 7 days in Spain before Christmas Eve
- 11 Basque country ideas
- 12 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 13 Help plan trip to Coppenhagen and Stockholm
- 14 Hikrchick & Hikrguy back from (cool & rainy but) fabulous Paris
- 15 20 Days in Europe
- 16 UK - Celebrating Thanksgiving?
- 17 Solo trip across Europe covering 18 countries
- 18 Amalfi Coast to Barcelona
- 19 Glorious -- 18 days in Sicily
- 20 10 days in Ireland! Ready? Shoot.
- 21 Travel vs. Babies
- 22 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 23 Safe to bring jewelry onboard
- 24 Where to stay in Paris? So many options!
- 25 Lake Garda, Where to stay
Towns outside of Nuremberg that we could stay for use with VGN Ticket ...