We're about to head off to Varenna, Italy with our family (myself, husband, sons 13 and 11 yrs. old, and retired father). If the weather is nice, I'm considering taking the ferry around Lake Como and stopping at various towns. Any recommendations on which towns would be best to visit and - once there - great little restaurants that would be appropriate for our crew? Obviously, expensive, romantic restaurants are out. My husband and I have been to Bellagio before, so I'd be OK with skipping Bellagio this trip....but if there's an incredible restaurant or experience there, I'll revisit. We'll be in Varenna for 3 nights.
How many hours should we allot to ferrying about Lake Como?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 5 Days in Bernese Oberland
- 2 Greek Islands - Should we rent a car on Mykonos and Santorini?
- 3 Has anyone stayed at the Darlington Hyde Park?
- 4 Bremerhaven and environs
- 5 Edam, Volendam & Marken day trip?
- 6 France is losing the core of its historic provincial towns
- 7 2 Weeks In and out of Paris...Itinerary Help?
- 8 Prague and Budapest
- 9 Scotland 5 day itinerary
- 10 itinerary planning apps
- 11 Hurry to France before it loses it's frenchness
- 12 Bring US appliances to Germany?
- 13 Western/Central Europe Itinerary help
- 14 12-14 nights enough ?
- 15 Need help with my itinerary
- 16 Lucerne to Rome on Swiss pass
- 17 Dijon RAVE - My Home in Dijon
- 18 Mt. Etna wakes up
- 19 Help me plan a 2 week trip to London and the Edinburgh Fringe Festival!
- 20 Transpennine Express-Ticket/No Seat Res
- 21 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 22 Tuscany Trip
- 23 Calling all Iceland mavens.
- 24 23 day honeymoon to Greece
- 25 Best way to get to Kinderdijk in April