We're about to head off to Varenna, Italy with our family (myself, husband, sons 13 and 11 yrs. old, and retired father). If the weather is nice, I'm considering taking the ferry around Lake Como and stopping at various towns. Any recommendations on which towns would be best to visit and - once there - great little restaurants that would be appropriate for our crew? Obviously, expensive, romantic restaurants are out. My husband and I have been to Bellagio before, so I'd be OK with skipping Bellagio this trip....but if there's an incredible restaurant or experience there, I'll revisit. We'll be in Varenna for 3 nights.
How many hours should we allot to ferrying about Lake Como?
Towns Along Shores of Lake Como
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day Trips from Nice
- 2 Peggy does Deutschland...
- 3 Madrid: City Views
- 4 Northern Italy for Nature Lovers/Crowd Haters
- 5 Marche Bastille - Oct Hours and Meet up Location?
- 6 Madrid: Historic Homes & Gardens
- 7 Norway 2014
- 8 Istanbul water
- 9 Train from Orvieto to Rome station- 11:23 the earliest time??
- 10 A bit MORE of the Camino de Santiago
- 11 July in The Mezzogiorno – 3 weeks in Southern Italy: Amalfi Coast & Puglia
- 12 London restaurants
- 13 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 14 Anyone familiar with these Ile St. Louis apartments?
- 15 Barcelona at night? Single female...
- 16 Cinque Terre v Tuscany
- 17 Siena Favorites?
- 18 Spain Rental Car Logistics - Barcelona Train Station
- 19 biking in France
- 20 using airbnb for the first time...
- 21 Help - road trip from Munich to Bruges
- 22 Naples to Paris to Barcelona in November
- 23 Help with France itinerary
- 24 Swiss Air seat assignments
- 25 3 WEEKS IN SICILY - ITINERARY HELP