We're about to head off to Varenna, Italy with our family (myself, husband, sons 13 and 11 yrs. old, and retired father). If the weather is nice, I'm considering taking the ferry around Lake Como and stopping at various towns. Any recommendations on which towns would be best to visit and - once there - great little restaurants that would be appropriate for our crew? Obviously, expensive, romantic restaurants are out. My husband and I have been to Bellagio before, so I'd be OK with skipping Bellagio this trip....but if there's an incredible restaurant or experience there, I'll revisit. We'll be in Varenna for 3 nights.
How many hours should we allot to ferrying about Lake Como?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 LHR Connection Time and Fast Track
- 2 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 3 Copenhagen,Helsinki,St. Petersburg in mid September
- 4 Where to eat in Rome?
- 5 Rest Stops from Tuscany to Umbria
- 6 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 7 Italy travel plan help
- 8 Jamikins? Other Italy travelers? Need car info, please.
- 9 Thinking about the Fjords
- 10 Italy round 4 - Pisa/CT/Parma/Bologna/Milan
- 11 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 12 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 13 Alsace to Austria?
- 14 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 15 Budapest language lessons
- 16 Tours in Wales
- 17 How to spend 6 days in Stockholm ?
- 18 Towns or hikes along Lake Lucerne
- 19 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 20 barcelona neighborhood
- 21 Itinerary Three Weeks Greece Fall 2018
- 22 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 23 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 24 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 25 Shorts in South of France?