We're about to head off to Varenna, Italy with our family (myself, husband, sons 13 and 11 yrs. old, and retired father). If the weather is nice, I'm considering taking the ferry around Lake Como and stopping at various towns. Any recommendations on which towns would be best to visit and - once there - great little restaurants that would be appropriate for our crew? Obviously, expensive, romantic restaurants are out. My husband and I have been to Bellagio before, so I'd be OK with skipping Bellagio this trip....but if there's an incredible restaurant or experience there, I'll revisit. We'll be in Varenna for 3 nights.
How many hours should we allot to ferrying about Lake Como?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Regensburg then the mountains - Garmish-Partenkirchen this time?
- 2 London Paris
- 3 Driving Tour - Bari to Bologna
- 4 St Petersburg 3 day Shore Tours from Cruise
- 5 Venice to Positano
- 6 Transportation from Budapest to Krakow
- 7 Scandinavia????
- 8 One week in Sicily - Taormina, Ortigia, Agrigento & Palermo
- 9 Family Trip to Copenhagen, Norwegian Fjords, Sweden Schedule?
- 10 Scotland Question
- 11 Rome & Florence, 10-12 days or so
- 12 Advice for Florence & Rome with Baby
- 13 Italy June 2016 - Attire?
- 14 The Rain in Spain and more
- 15 Requesting Suggestions for Venice
- 16 Hotels in Galway, Ennis? Also Car Rental Suggestions Wanted
- 17 GPS vs Google Maps
- 18 help with 21 days-croatia
- 19 Bavaria in August
- 20 Family vacation near Amsterdam
- 21 Luggage on trains/security?
- 22 Who Tips In Paris Cafes and How Much?
- 23 Top Tourist Mob Scenes in Europe
- 24 Travelling in October need some guidance
- 25 I'm Croatian, ask me anything!