We're about to head off to Varenna, Italy with our family (myself, husband, sons 13 and 11 yrs. old, and retired father). If the weather is nice, I'm considering taking the ferry around Lake Como and stopping at various towns. Any recommendations on which towns would be best to visit and - once there - great little restaurants that would be appropriate for our crew? Obviously, expensive, romantic restaurants are out. My husband and I have been to Bellagio before, so I'd be OK with skipping Bellagio this trip....but if there's an incredible restaurant or experience there, I'll revisit. We'll be in Varenna for 3 nights.
How many hours should we allot to ferrying about Lake Como?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 French restaurants
- 2 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 3 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 4 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 5 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 6 Tour groups
- 7 Driving in Italy?
- 8 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 9 Back from Bologna, trip report
- 10 Ireland Trip Planning Advice
- 11 Luggage Storage at Barcelona Port
- 12 Super Cover For Hertz
- 13 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 14 Amalfi coast hotel recs
- 15 Baby Milk
- 16 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 17 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 18 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 19 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 20 Hotel in Vienna
- 21 Church service in Dubrovnik
- 22 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 23 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 24 Can No Longer o a Road Trip in Europe - what's a better train trip?
- 25 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas