We're about to head off to Varenna, Italy with our family (myself, husband, sons 13 and 11 yrs. old, and retired father). If the weather is nice, I'm considering taking the ferry around Lake Como and stopping at various towns. Any recommendations on which towns would be best to visit and - once there - great little restaurants that would be appropriate for our crew? Obviously, expensive, romantic restaurants are out. My husband and I have been to Bellagio before, so I'd be OK with skipping Bellagio this trip....but if there's an incredible restaurant or experience there, I'll revisit. We'll be in Varenna for 3 nights.
How many hours should we allot to ferrying about Lake Como?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 2 Day hikes in Switzerland
- 3 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 4 Greek Mainland Itinerary
- 5 15 days in Croatia - Advise Needed
- 6 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 7 Help on ancient history route
- 8 Croatia itinerary - need advice
- 9 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 10 Studying art in English in venice
- 11 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 12 Riviera di Ponente in mid October
- 13 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 14 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 15 Swiss Pass vs Half Fare Card??
- 16 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 17 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 18 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 19 French language immersion schools in France
- 20 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries
- 21 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 22 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 23 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 24 Transportation from Westport via Athlone to Belturbet or Ballinamore area
- 25 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!