We're about to head off to Varenna, Italy with our family (myself, husband, sons 13 and 11 yrs. old, and retired father). If the weather is nice, I'm considering taking the ferry around Lake Como and stopping at various towns. Any recommendations on which towns would be best to visit and - once there - great little restaurants that would be appropriate for our crew? Obviously, expensive, romantic restaurants are out. My husband and I have been to Bellagio before, so I'd be OK with skipping Bellagio this trip....but if there's an incredible restaurant or experience there, I'll revisit. We'll be in Varenna for 3 nights.
How many hours should we allot to ferrying about Lake Como?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 St Petersburg 3 day Shore Tours from Cruise
- 2 Whirlwind Italy in 16 days
- 3 Walking GPS?
- 4 Edinburgh Nightlife
- 5 To St. Pancras at stupid-o'clock: how would you do it?
- 6 12 days in the Italian Lakes
- 7 Hi altitude limitations in Switzerland
- 8 Capri, Amalfi Coast, Naples in late June/early July
- 9 Rome to Cascia - is it better by train or bus?
- 10 Cost of Van from CDG
- 11 Portugal trains
- 12 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 13 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 14 Edinburgh-London-Paris in that order
- 15 Food glorious food - restaurant suggestions
- 16 Book recommendation: Non-travel book about the Dolomites
- 17 France: advice on where to go with young kids
- 18 AVE Train ticket purchase in Spain
- 19 Bus to Cadaques ?
- 20 Italy- 18nights, 4 regions!
- 21 5 hours in Genoa or next to Genoa?
- 22 London theatre fans: advance info about Globe productions?
- 23 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 24 New Dublin Museum
- 25 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion