We're about to head off to Varenna, Italy with our family (myself, husband, sons 13 and 11 yrs. old, and retired father). If the weather is nice, I'm considering taking the ferry around Lake Como and stopping at various towns. Any recommendations on which towns would be best to visit and - once there - great little restaurants that would be appropriate for our crew? Obviously, expensive, romantic restaurants are out. My husband and I have been to Bellagio before, so I'd be OK with skipping Bellagio this trip....but if there's an incredible restaurant or experience there, I'll revisit. We'll be in Varenna for 3 nights.
How many hours should we allot to ferrying about Lake Como?
Towns Along Shores of Lake Como
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where in northern Italy would you go with kids and Grandma in July?
- 2 Last minute change of plans - where to go in August?
- 3 Change in Turkish Visa Process
- 4 Paris Apartment Rental Legal or Not
- 5 Opera Kings to Europe-Ongoing Report
- 6 Blog updates from Europe.
- 7 Need suggestions on itinerary - Booked for Germany -19 days in August, wish to travel around Europe
- 8 Railway strike in Spain the July 31 and 1 August 2014.
- 9 Europe Trip Post-Study Abroad Planning
- 10 Anyone ever flunk out of a Grand Circle tour?
- 11 Dordogne & Languedoc - Gorges, Castles & Caves Itinerary Need Help Please
- 12 Hotel Rules in Europe?? Help!!
- 13 Fast baggage pick up and delivery
- 14 Road trip Spain
- 15 germany
- 16 Back from Barcelona, Madrid, Sevilla and Torremolinos
- 17 Toulouse, Sarlat environs, Paris itinerary
- 18 Most Scenic Hutte/ Hut Accomodation in Italian Dolomiti/ Dolomites
- 19 Taking a group of 5 students to Paris!
- 20 Varied wonder
- 21 Walking in Oslo
- 22 Best train/car combination to get from Rome to Siena
- 23 How long do we have to go thru immigration at London Heathrow T4
- 24 One month in Puglia and Matera
- 25 Best Easy-Moderate Hikes in Dolomites/ Dolomiti for a Photographer & Family