We're about to head off to Varenna, Italy with our family (myself, husband, sons 13 and 11 yrs. old, and retired father). If the weather is nice, I'm considering taking the ferry around Lake Como and stopping at various towns. Any recommendations on which towns would be best to visit and - once there - great little restaurants that would be appropriate for our crew? Obviously, expensive, romantic restaurants are out. My husband and I have been to Bellagio before, so I'd be OK with skipping Bellagio this trip....but if there's an incredible restaurant or experience there, I'll revisit. We'll be in Varenna for 3 nights.
How many hours should we allot to ferrying about Lake Como?
Towns Along Shores of Lake Como
- 1 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 2 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 3 first european holiday itinery
- 4 Where to stay in Copenhagen
- 5 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 6 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 7 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 8 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 9 7 days in Andalucia
- 10 Going to Puglia, I hope
- 11 To Paris and Provence in June
- 12 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 13 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 14 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 15 London at Easter
- 16 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 17 Health Resort & Medical Spa Panorama Morska Jarosławiec
- 18 Manchester UK-good place for a Thanksgiving dinner?
- 19 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 20 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 21 San Sebastian and 2 day trips into France...lodging and places to see
- 22 Moscow AND St Petersburg
- 23 Moscow transportation from Domodedovo airport
- 24 Advises for trip to Russia
- 25 Dillit Language school in Rome?