We're about to head off to Varenna, Italy with our family (myself, husband, sons 13 and 11 yrs. old, and retired father). If the weather is nice, I'm considering taking the ferry around Lake Como and stopping at various towns. Any recommendations on which towns would be best to visit and - once there - great little restaurants that would be appropriate for our crew? Obviously, expensive, romantic restaurants are out. My husband and I have been to Bellagio before, so I'd be OK with skipping Bellagio this trip....but if there's an incredible restaurant or experience there, I'll revisit. We'll be in Varenna for 3 nights.
How many hours should we allot to ferrying about Lake Como?
Towns Along Shores of Lake Como
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A relaxing itinerary in the Basque country?
- 2 19 travelling solo and scared!
- 3 Paris Meetup Groups?
- 4 Need suggestions for our week in Panzano
- 5 Cosmos Tour - 9 days Prague, Vienna & Budapest
- 6 Need some initial thoughts on itinerary - Dresden, Potsdam, Berlin
- 7 Sevilla- Triana Restaurant Recommendation
- 8 Switzerland & Italian Riviera & Sardinia Summer 2014
- 9 Suggestions needed for time in Florence
- 10 In Sevilla now, charged for silverware and olives at resto
- 11 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 12 splitting time between Barcelona and Seville for Semana Santa
- 13 Noordam transatlantic
- 14 Outdoor Adventures in Sicily in late July/early August?
- 15 Solo train travel in Germany
- 16 Pompeii train to Naples
- 17 greece hotels
- 18 Naples Italy as base for coast?
- 19 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 20 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 21 Baby Stroller/Pram travel in Italy and Switzerland
- 22 Has anyone visited Marburg, Germany?
- 23 Short Corsica trip in/out of Ajaccio - itinerary musts?
- 24 Help with itinerary for Italy for 12 days
- 25 Three Centre Holiday, Italy