We're about to head off to Varenna, Italy with our family (myself, husband, sons 13 and 11 yrs. old, and retired father). If the weather is nice, I'm considering taking the ferry around Lake Como and stopping at various towns. Any recommendations on which towns would be best to visit and - once there - great little restaurants that would be appropriate for our crew? Obviously, expensive, romantic restaurants are out. My husband and I have been to Bellagio before, so I'd be OK with skipping Bellagio this trip....but if there's an incredible restaurant or experience there, I'll revisit. We'll be in Varenna for 3 nights.
How many hours should we allot to ferrying about Lake Como?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 2 Spanish Medical Providers
- 3 Train help Lyon to Annecy to Montreaux
- 4 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 5 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 6 Planning A trip
- 7 Amalfi Coast Apartment in October -- mobility an issue
- 8 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 9 Ireland with 2 young kids
- 10 Andalusia suggests - which order is best?
- 11 Norway Outside the Nutshell
- 12 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 13 Castle Stays in Wales
- 14 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 15 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 16 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 17 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 18 Can parking
- 19 italy Cinque Terre
- 20 San Sebastián
- 21 Lodging in Lauterbrunnen and Grindenwald in October
- 22 Zurich to Milan trip
- 23 Would like help planning a 16-21 day week trip to Spain and/or Portugal
- 24 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 25 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia