My fiance is Spanish and I am American; due to his parents' ill health, we need to have our wedding in Spain next year, but while my mom jumps at the chance to travel, my father (Italian American but rarely stepped outside his native Pittsburgh!) needs to be...shall we say...convinced.. that international travel is fun
Since the only place my father has ever expressed an interest in seeing is his parents' homeland, Italy, I thought I might surprise him by plotting out a trip to Italy first, then arranging to have them pop over to Madrid for said wedding. While my fiance and I have plenty of experience getting older/less fit folks around Spain,so that half is covered, I would want to get my mom and dad a tour. They are relatively healthy, and while my mom can go for miles, my dad is 68 & diabetic, so he cannot walk long distances, needs to eat regularly, needs rest/slower pace (i.e. my knowledge of the country as a 20-something backpacker isn't helping me plan for them!)
I would be so grateful if anyone has suggestions for a company that does good senior-paced tours in Italy? One that knows the less-experienced travelers' needs?
I know he would love to see the country and would love to give him this chance while they are still fit enough to do it!
Thanks so much,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 HIking through France for 2 weeks
- 2 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 3 What tips can you give about packing?
- 4 Ludwig Castles
- 5 Le Marche, Italy
- 6 London GTG in June, Anyone?
- 7 Croatia Itinerary help for 13 days in September 2017
- 8 Porte de Vanves or Clignancourt
- 9 Charles de Gaulle departure
- 10 Getting from Positano to Rome
- 11 Lake Geneva / Great St Bernard Pass / Milan / Naples
- 12 SHIP LUGGAGE
- 13 2 Months in Sicily
- 14 France Part Deux - Itinerary Advice
- 15 Barcelona, hiking in Pyrenees + which other? (Costa Brava or Mallorca?)
- 16 Splitting 11 days between Amsterdam and Dubrovnik
- 17 Hallstatt tour recommendations?
- 18 Where to stay in SW Ireland, Killarney or Kenmare?
- 19 Experience with Earthbound Tours
- 20 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 21 Visiting Monte Carlo during Grand Prix week
- 22 Aix en Provence Day Trips
- 23 Two day Dublin itinerary
- 24 Short Trip in July
- 25 Springtime in Holland - Trip report