My fiance is Spanish and I am American; due to his parents' ill health, we need to have our wedding in Spain next year, but while my mom jumps at the chance to travel, my father (Italian American but rarely stepped outside his native Pittsburgh!) needs to be...shall we say...convinced.. that international travel is fun
Since the only place my father has ever expressed an interest in seeing is his parents' homeland, Italy, I thought I might surprise him by plotting out a trip to Italy first, then arranging to have them pop over to Madrid for said wedding. While my fiance and I have plenty of experience getting older/less fit folks around Spain,so that half is covered, I would want to get my mom and dad a tour. They are relatively healthy, and while my mom can go for miles, my dad is 68 & diabetic, so he cannot walk long distances, needs to eat regularly, needs rest/slower pace (i.e. my knowledge of the country as a 20-something backpacker isn't helping me plan for them!)
I would be so grateful if anyone has suggestions for a company that does good senior-paced tours in Italy? One that knows the less-experienced travelers' needs?
I know he would love to see the country and would love to give him this chance while they are still fit enough to do it!
Thanks so much,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 KODAK printer 18OO:681:7208 installation C0NTACT KODAK Tec*h
- 2 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 3 Barcelona to Grindenwald area
- 4 Spanish Medical Providers
- 5 Restaurants Barcelona , Seville and Granada
- 6 Iceland
- 7 Venice/Mestre
- 8 Quizz !
- 9 Base recommendation for Mosel and Rhine
- 10 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 11 Finalized my Summer 2018 Italy Honeymoon Itinerary!
- 12 Our future trip to Greece
- 13 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 14 Russia in two weeks in December
- 15 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 16 Christmas Day in Granada
- 17 car insurance italy
- 18 First, jet lagged day, in Barcelona
- 19 Liberation of Auschwitz 70 years ago
- 20 Itinerary advice Greece Nov 18-26
- 21 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 22 Transylvania - June 2018
- 23 Italy Car Scam
- 24 No Trains in January Paris to Venice?
- 25 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?