My fiance is Spanish and I am American; due to his parents' ill health, we need to have our wedding in Spain next year, but while my mom jumps at the chance to travel, my father (Italian American but rarely stepped outside his native Pittsburgh!) needs to be...shall we say...convinced.. that international travel is fun
Since the only place my father has ever expressed an interest in seeing is his parents' homeland, Italy, I thought I might surprise him by plotting out a trip to Italy first, then arranging to have them pop over to Madrid for said wedding. While my fiance and I have plenty of experience getting older/less fit folks around Spain,so that half is covered, I would want to get my mom and dad a tour. They are relatively healthy, and while my mom can go for miles, my dad is 68 & diabetic, so he cannot walk long distances, needs to eat regularly, needs rest/slower pace (i.e. my knowledge of the country as a 20-something backpacker isn't helping me plan for them!)
I would be so grateful if anyone has suggestions for a company that does good senior-paced tours in Italy? One that knows the less-experienced travelers' needs?
I know he would love to see the country and would love to give him this chance while they are still fit enough to do it!
Thanks so much,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 2 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 3 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 4 Now to Madrid
- 5 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 6 3 days solo in London
- 7 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 8 Chania
- 9 Edinbrugh
- 10 Berlin to ?
- 11 Riviera di Ponente in mid October
- 12 Hotels in Turin
- 13 Help on ancient history route
- 14 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 15 Studying art in English in venice
- 16 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries
- 17 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 18 15 days in Croatia - Advise Needed
- 19 Forte dei Marmi - must see/do list
- 20 Forte dei Marmi with kids.....
- 21 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 22 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 23 Day hikes in Switzerland
- 24 Greek Mainland Itinerary
- 25 Croatia itinerary - need advice