We would like to spend a week touring the Western Front battlefields in Oct 2014, a combination of staying in different towns, visiting museums by ourselves and also taking guided day tours of the battlefields while there. We will be travelling by train from Paris and will need to return to Paris as flying to Barcelona after this week. It seems that Ypres and Amiens are good choices to base ourselves for a few days, it is the Australian WW1 & WW2 history we are most interested in. Seeking ideas and recommendations from those with experience touring these areas please.
Touring Western Front Battlefields October 2014
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Bavarian Honeymoon Suggestions
- 2 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 3 Chambermaid tipping
- 4 Orvieto ro Pompei day trip in late December?
- 5 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 6 Greek islands from Turkey
- 7 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 8 Travelling with Alitalia. MIA-FCO-AOI Carry-on or Check-in baggage?
- 9 Italian Lakes gardens
- 10 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 11 First time traveler to Ireland
- 12 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 13 Euro Train
- 14 Advent weekend in Quedlinburg
- 15 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 16 Dresden Train Station
- 17 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 18 Help me plan a vacation to Paris!
- 19 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 20 Novels set in Greece
- 21 London for Christmas
- 22 Istanbul and Cappadocia in 10 days - trip report
- 23 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 24 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 25 Waltz performances in Stadtpark Vienna