We would like to spend a week touring the Western Front battlefields in Oct 2014, a combination of staying in different towns, visiting museums by ourselves and also taking guided day tours of the battlefields while there. We will be travelling by train from Paris and will need to return to Paris as flying to Barcelona after this week. It seems that Ypres and Amiens are good choices to base ourselves for a few days, it is the Australian WW1 & WW2 history we are most interested in. Seeking ideas and recommendations from those with experience touring these areas please.
Touring Western Front Battlefields October 2014
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland Votes "No"
- 2 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 3 lauterbrunnen-wengen 4 days
- 4 venice, the dolomites, and the italian lakes - in 1 week
- 5 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 6 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 7 Advice for 6 nights 7 Days in Switzerland
- 8 Rheinland-Pfalz Day Pass & Rhine Cruise
- 9 Looking for Suggestions - 12 Day Agenda for Greece
- 10 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 11 Early October 2014 Trip to Mosel Valley and Rhineland
- 12 10 Days in France/No. Spain starting tomorrow
- 13 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 14 Where to buy French pashmina scarves on line?
- 15 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.
- 16 Plitvice Lakes, Croatia...is it worth the trip?
- 17 Splendid Summer Trip in Scotland and Ireland
- 18 Street Parking in Lisbon- Regulations?
- 19 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 20 Air France strike
- 21 US looking into preclearance at European airports
- 22 shortened trip to Italy
- 23 Gift for French business associate
- 24 Family of 4 considering living abroad for 1 or 2 years. Advice?
- 25 2 weeks on Lake Maggiore