We are working with a travel agent who currently have us taking the train from Naples to Florence spending 4 nights in Florence and then renting a car & spending 5 nights touring the hill towns in Tuscany & Umbria. In looking at a map it appears more expedient to rent a car in Naples driving & spending the same 5 nts. At 1 or 2 bases touring Tuscany & Umbria and then drive to Florence turning in the car and touring Florence. Want your opinions.
Touring Tuscany & Umbria & Florence after leaving Naples & the Amalfi coast
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Avoid Web Reservation International Maffia!
- 2 Baltic cruise ports
- 3 lauterbrunnen lodging, down to 2 choices
- 4 North side of Thun Lake Switzerland as a lodging base
- 5 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 6 Questions for Paris residents
- 7 Barcelona next week, itinerary critique?
- 8 Stay in Venice
- 9 Gift for my European Friends- How about Hershey?
- 10 Sagrada Familia Ticket Choices
- 11 Holy Week in Seville 2015
- 12 Sea side in Italy
- 13 Buying Prado Museum tickets online
- 14 Glasgow and Edinburgh
- 15 France Tourisme - Is it a reliable tour company?
- 16 Airoport transfers from Dublin airport
- 17 Looking for a Lobo-mau GTG + recommendations in Lisbon
- 18 Where to stay in Barcelona
- 19 Best town for 3 nights on the Costa Brava?
- 20 Best Luggage for Cobblestone/Stairs
- 21 Vatican Museum tour guide
- 22 Aug/Sept trip to Amsterdam - time for Brussels too?
- 23 Central European train travel
- 24 Berlin: evening dining
- 25 IST plane transfer - cutting it too close?