We are working with a travel agent who currently have us taking the train from Naples to Florence spending 4 nights in Florence and then renting a car & spending 5 nights touring the hill towns in Tuscany & Umbria. In looking at a map it appears more expedient to rent a car in Naples driving & spending the same 5 nts. At 1 or 2 bases touring Tuscany & Umbria and then drive to Florence turning in the car and touring Florence. Want your opinions.
Touring Tuscany & Umbria & Florence after leaving Naples & the Amalfi coast
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 2 Paul Bocuse restaurant in Lyon
- 3 Spain trip, 11 cities in 17 days? Please help with itinerary
- 4 Help for San Sebastian
- 5 Follow-up to my last question (U.S. citizen visiting Sweden next year)
- 6 Venice - boats on canals
- 7 Hotel Reccommendations: France, Germany, Italy
- 8 London hotel tax is 20%
- 9 Good Paris Self-guided Walking Tour Book?
- 10 Train from Frankfurt to Madrid
- 11 Venice, just arrived
- 12 Euronight Train from Munich to Budapest - doubts
- 13 Forma Urbis Fragments in Capitoline Museum?
- 14 Please recommend an honest car rental service in Romania
- 15 What Bus/buses
- 16 There's no Place Like London: Part 1
- 17 Gdansk & Baltic in October
- 18 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche
- 19 Which area in Venice for 3 nights
- 20 Barcelona December 26, 2014 thru January 1, 2015
- 21 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 22 Vienna to Gyor and Sopron in one day
- 23 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 24 I was (partially) wrong about debit cards vs. cash
- 25 Car vs Train in Switzerland