Hey Fodor Gurus!
My fiance and I will be honeymooning in Italy for 20 days in June. After landing in Venice and spending a few days there, we'll be taking the train to Florence, where we've allotted nearly a week because we're both big wine and pasta fans and wanted the time to explore different vineyards, cooking class options, etc. in the Tuscan areas.
My question is, what's the best way for us to do this - should we hire a driver and do day trips from Florence to the vineyards/villas/classes and back, or should we drive ourselves? And, if we do the driving, is it in our best interest to stay over at (or close to) our excursion instead of driving back to Florence?
Essentially, I'm looking to avoid getting lost in the middle of the Italian countryside when we don't speak the language, and I don't have any idea how hard or easy it is to navigate the area.
If you think we're better off hiring a driver, any suggestions out there of a great one? And, if you have any killer recommendations for non-commercial wineries/vineyards, villas or cooking classes, send them my way as we haven't booked a blessed thing yet!
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 2 Spain in July
- 3 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 4 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 5 We're here!
- 6 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 7 Where to enjoy Paris
- 8 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 9 Suggestions of Paris things to do Christmas and New Years?
- 10 10 days in Paris and......
- 11 Prague Christmas Markets and Christmas mass
- 12 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 13 Athens
- 14 Need Info - Vienna, Prague, Venice, Geneva, Paris,
- 15 Edinburgh Tattoo-2017-Tickets
- 16 Itinerary check for Sicily, please!!
- 17 Please critique my itinerary in Italy
- 18 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 19 Lisbon-mini trip report
- 20 Hello -Please- Excuse Me- Good-Bye - Thank You ???
- 21 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 22 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 23 Budapest & Prague
- 24 Traveling Greece without reservations
- 25 Destination from London by train, advice please
Hey Fodor Gurus!