Hey Fodor Gurus!
My fiance and I will be honeymooning in Italy for 20 days in June. After landing in Venice and spending a few days there, we'll be taking the train to Florence, where we've allotted nearly a week because we're both big wine and pasta fans and wanted the time to explore different vineyards, cooking class options, etc. in the Tuscan areas.
My question is, what's the best way for us to do this - should we hire a driver and do day trips from Florence to the vineyards/villas/classes and back, or should we drive ourselves? And, if we do the driving, is it in our best interest to stay over at (or close to) our excursion instead of driving back to Florence?
Essentially, I'm looking to avoid getting lost in the middle of the Italian countryside when we don't speak the language, and I don't have any idea how hard or easy it is to navigate the area.
If you think we're better off hiring a driver, any suggestions out there of a great one? And, if you have any killer recommendations for non-commercial wineries/vineyards, villas or cooking classes, send them my way as we haven't booked a blessed thing yet!
Thanks so much!
Touring Tuscany: Hire a Driver or Drive Ourselves?
Hey Fodor Gurus!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Current Recs for accommodations near Glencoe
- 2 When to go to Sicily
- 3 Oct. 2014 in Croatia, Slovenia, Montenagro and Bosnia-Herzegovina: TR
- 4 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 5 Sicily in May 2015 Itinerary Question
- 6 Working Holiday in Germany
- 7 Too Ambitious of an Itinerary?
- 8 Lakes District UK
- 9 River Cruise from Moscow to St. Petersburg
- 10 Chilling in the Cyclades May 2014--Mykonos, Naxos, Paros, Santorini, Athens
- 11 Paris French Language School - Help me decide:
- 12 December vacation help, 2 weeks - southern Italy or Spain or other?
- 13 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 14 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 15 Transport in Venice
- 16 England & Scotland in April
- 17 How to structure this trip?
- 18 Wengen to Torino?
- 19 Paris Perfect: Which Apt for Honeymoon?
- 20 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 21 Loving Italy: our trip to Rome, San Gimigniano and Venice
- 22 Tentative 2 week itinerary for Paris
- 23 Pleasant Perches from which to Ponder Paris?
- 24 Prebook B&Bs
- 25 Suggestions for Munich in early December