Hey Fodor Gurus!
My fiance and I will be honeymooning in Italy for 20 days in June. After landing in Venice and spending a few days there, we'll be taking the train to Florence, where we've allotted nearly a week because we're both big wine and pasta fans and wanted the time to explore different vineyards, cooking class options, etc. in the Tuscan areas.
My question is, what's the best way for us to do this - should we hire a driver and do day trips from Florence to the vineyards/villas/classes and back, or should we drive ourselves? And, if we do the driving, is it in our best interest to stay over at (or close to) our excursion instead of driving back to Florence?
Essentially, I'm looking to avoid getting lost in the middle of the Italian countryside when we don't speak the language, and I don't have any idea how hard or easy it is to navigate the area.
If you think we're better off hiring a driver, any suggestions out there of a great one? And, if you have any killer recommendations for non-commercial wineries/vineyards, villas or cooking classes, send them my way as we haven't booked a blessed thing yet!
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Naples or Genoa
- 2 From London to Paris to US
- 3 Barcelona attraction tickets
- 4 Gulet - Croatia vs Turkey vs Greece
- 5 3 week Italy trip with 12 and 14 year old - 2017
- 6 Help planning multigenerational family Italy tour
- 7 Weekend in London; looking for the best Indian food
- 8 Two-day Detour Before Amalfi Coast
- 9 ls there anything such as Spanish cuisine?
- 10 Is it just me or are German cities depressingly ugly?
- 11 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 12 How did you or your family ended up in the country you are living now?
- 13 Itinerary help please!
- 14 "PARIS FOR RENT". Apartments----has anyone used this service?
- 15 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 16 First Draft: Croatia, BiH, and Slovenia
- 17 Venice, Maggiore, Jungfrau
- 18 Sept. 2016 Apt. In Paris just cancelled---YIKES!
- 19 France to stop making foie grois
- 20 Holiday Itinerary
- 21 Car hire
- 22 Ireland driving itinerary
- 23 Paris Museum Pass and Skip the Line
- 24 Need Barcelona Gaudi Ticket Help
- 25 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...
Hey Fodor Gurus!