We will be arriving in Rome on May 4th and after spending a few days in Rome we will be traveling to Positano by train or bus arriving there on May 8th. We would like to tour the Amalfi coast and also visit Pompei before leaving the area on May 12th to travel to Umbria & Tuscany probably by rental car. What in your opinions is the most expedient way. To visit Pompei from Positano? Since time is precious and limited, are we better off hiring a car and driver for a 1/2 day or can we accomplish it as well another way. Thanks in advance for all your valuable imput.
Touring the Amalfi coast & Pompei from a hub in Positano
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best places to shop for leather handbags in Florence
- 2 Ten days in Portugal - what are your favorites?
- 3 Ideas for a Mother-Daughter UK Trip
- 4 Irish wedding - correct attire advice please?
- 5 Best website to book tickets for Uffizi Gallery Florence
- 6 Suggestions on how best to spend our time in Lyon
- 7 flea markets in France
- 8 What to wear
- 9 High Level 12 day Itinerary for Turkey; Mountain Lovers and Photographer
- 10 Berlin to Salzburg in 2 weeks
- 11 London neighborhood suggestions
- 12 Oh to be in England now that Spring is there - a walk in the Dales
- 13 Spain tips beyond safety
- 14 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 15 Need ideas for a Christmas 2014 holiday vacation?
- 16 Istanbul - Itinerary recommendations
- 17 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 18 Day trip to Chartres -mini questions
- 19 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 20 3 weeks in December in Europe, need help with itinerary
- 21 Fine-tuning a 30 day stay in Switzerland June 2014
- 22 german rail ticket question
- 23 GENEVE,MONTREUX,INTERLAKEN and LUZERN or Weggis?
- 24 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 25 Madrid and London