We will be arriving in Rome on May 4th and after spending a few days in Rome we will be traveling to Positano by train or bus arriving there on May 8th. We would like to tour the Amalfi coast and also visit Pompei before leaving the area on May 12th to travel to Umbria & Tuscany probably by rental car. What in your opinions is the most expedient way. To visit Pompei from Positano? Since time is precious and limited, are we better off hiring a car and driver for a 1/2 day or can we accomplish it as well another way. Thanks in advance for all your valuable imput.
Touring the Amalfi coast & Pompei from a hub in Positano
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Turkey: Istanbul, Ephesus, Cappadocia
- 2 Traveling within Italy
- 3 Which travel plan?
- 4 London for Christmas
- 5 first european holiday itinery
- 6 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 7 Paris: Where to Christmas Shop for Teen and Tween
- 8 Travel by train or bus
- 9 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 10 Need PIN for general credit card use in Spain Portugal
- 11 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 12 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 13 Florence in October
- 14 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 15 Venice 3 days Itinerary.
- 16 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 17 Looking for a serviced apartment in York
- 18 7 days in Andalucia
- 19 4 Women Exploring London Dec 19-23
- 20 a week in Ireland over New year's
- 21 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 22 Euro Train
- 23 Manchester UK-good place for a Thanksgiving dinner?
- 24 Northern Italy Honeymoon- Alps and Italian Favorites
- 25 Where to stay in Copenhagen