My husband and I are planning a 20 days vacation in Europe End of august with our 13 months old daughter. our flight is to and from Paris, so we were looking at several options, my husband really wants to see Amsterdam, and I would like to see south of France (Nice or Cannes).
We first came up with this route:
Paris-Nice by Train
Nice-Venice by Train
Venice-Vienna by train
Vienna- Amsterdam By Air
Amsterdam-Paris By train
then we thought it is too ambitious considering we have to spend at least 7 hours in the train between Nice- Venice- Vienna. and we didn't like the flight in the middle.
we figured that one of us has to give up his destination in order to make a full round using trains only so we made another route:
Paris-Bern-cologne-Amsterdam-Paris. which is not that interesting to me.
considering that I have been to Bern,Genoa,Milan,Florence before, I wouldn't want to stop in them again, although I wouldn't mind Bern.
we've traveled with our daughter when she was 10 months old and she was very relaxed and sleeping on most of the flights/buses, and even during our walks in the city.
Any Thoughts or suggestions on how we can plan it would be appreciated.
Touring Europe with 1 year old
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain, Summer 2014 Itinerary Suggestions
- 2 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 3 Italy trip questions
- 4 Honeymoon in the Alps (with skiing)
- 5 Champagne, Chocolates and Christmas, but no Chanel - Paris and Alsace
- 6 Our Brief Bavarian Break: Christmas Markets
- 7 1st time in Paris - apartment advice
- 8 Budget Trip to Europe | 22, 23-yr old | June 2015
- 9 Airport bus Bilbao to San Sebastian and back
- 10 Where to stay Venice, Cinque Terre, Florence, Siena, and Rome.
- 11 Huge New 5,000 Year Old Underground City Excavated in Cappadocia
- 12 Suggestion for travel memories
- 13 Would you recommend Sicily only or Puglia also for a 14-day trip?
- 14 Italy/Austria/Germany/France
- 15 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 16 Two Weeks in Italy: Umbria, Tuscany, Piedmont Itinerary Help
- 17 Budget family trip to Europe
- 18 From Paris to Bruselas-Amsterdam-London
- 19 Pyrenees logistics
- 20 FCO-area hotel advice, family of 4 with young children
- 21 Italy
- 22 Azores
- 23 How highly would you prioritize Portugal?
- 24 8 Days in Switzerland for the non skier
- 25 Driving in Italy