My husband and I are planning a 20 days vacation in Europe End of august with our 13 months old daughter. our flight is to and from Paris, so we were looking at several options, my husband really wants to see Amsterdam, and I would like to see south of France (Nice or Cannes).
We first came up with this route:
Paris-Nice by Train
Nice-Venice by Train
Venice-Vienna by train
Vienna- Amsterdam By Air
Amsterdam-Paris By train
then we thought it is too ambitious considering we have to spend at least 7 hours in the train between Nice- Venice- Vienna. and we didn't like the flight in the middle.
we figured that one of us has to give up his destination in order to make a full round using trains only so we made another route:
Paris-Bern-cologne-Amsterdam-Paris. which is not that interesting to me.
considering that I have been to Bern,Genoa,Milan,Florence before, I wouldn't want to stop in them again, although I wouldn't mind Bern.
we've traveled with our daughter when she was 10 months old and she was very relaxed and sleeping on most of the flights/buses, and even during our walks in the city.
Any Thoughts or suggestions on how we can plan it would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome & Florence, 10-12 days or so
- 2 What neighborhood to stay in Paris?
- 3 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 4 Suicide bombing in Ansbach
- 5 Barcelona Car rental return
- 6 From London to Paris to US
- 7 France to stop making foie grois
- 8 My First Trip to Europe...
- 9 Base City for N Europe Layover
- 10 Lisbon ... Two days only ... Must see?
- 11 Amsterdam bike rides and maps
- 12 Night Walk, food and Shopping in Rome
- 13 Iceland in 9 nights in late September
- 14 Family of 4, 2 Young Teens, 14 Nights, 4 Countries
- 15 European countries thst could use some hospitality lessons.
- 16 Edinburgh Festival Fireworks
- 17 Sevilla to Cordoba Day Trip: How many hours needed?
- 18 Leipzig, Dresden, Meissen, Bautzen, etc.
- 19 Naples or Genoa
- 20 Has anyone used their Pass Navogo for more than 10 years?
- 21 First time Europe trip for family of 4
- 22 Dover queues
- 23 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...
- 24 How did you or your family ended up in the country you are living now?
- 25 Who is up for an informal GTG in Paris between Oct 15-22