My husband and I are planning a 20 days vacation in Europe End of august with our 13 months old daughter. our flight is to and from Paris, so we were looking at several options, my husband really wants to see Amsterdam, and I would like to see south of France (Nice or Cannes).
We first came up with this route:
Paris-Nice by Train
Nice-Venice by Train
Venice-Vienna by train
Vienna- Amsterdam By Air
Amsterdam-Paris By train
then we thought it is too ambitious considering we have to spend at least 7 hours in the train between Nice- Venice- Vienna. and we didn't like the flight in the middle.
we figured that one of us has to give up his destination in order to make a full round using trains only so we made another route:
Paris-Bern-cologne-Amsterdam-Paris. which is not that interesting to me.
considering that I have been to Bern,Genoa,Milan,Florence before, I wouldn't want to stop in them again, although I wouldn't mind Bern.
we've traveled with our daughter when she was 10 months old and she was very relaxed and sleeping on most of the flights/buses, and even during our walks in the city.
Any Thoughts or suggestions on how we can plan it would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 AVE Train ticket purchase in Spain
- 2 Solo backpacking for 5 weeks
- 3 Whirlwind Italy in 16 days
- 4 Cost of Van from CDG
- 5 To St. Pancras at stupid-o'clock: how would you do it?
- 6 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 7 Help planning a driving trip in Eastern Europe in July
- 8 German Train travel
- 9 Barcelona on budget
- 10 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 11 Catalunya, Cathars and Castles (and vino!)
- 12 Cheese Tours in Italy
- 13 When to Arrive At The Airport
- 14 Trip to London with side trip to Wales/daytrip?
- 15 Edinburgh-London-Paris in that order
- 16 Book recommendation: Non-travel book about the Dolomites
- 17 to do with kids 2 1/2 days with a layover in frankfurt
- 18 Plug ins for London and Paris
- 19 France: advice on where to go with young kids
- 20 New Dublin Museum
- 21 Touring Switzerland, Germany, and Austria
- 22 Car service- Suitcase & hand luggage
- 23 How best to spend a long day in Warnemunde
- 24 Beyond the Trees: At Altitude in Italy's Snowy Dolomites
- 25 London theatre fans: advance info about Globe productions?