My husband and I are planning a 20 days vacation in Europe End of august with our 13 months old daughter. our flight is to and from Paris, so we were looking at several options, my husband really wants to see Amsterdam, and I would like to see south of France (Nice or Cannes).
We first came up with this route:
Paris-Nice by Train
Nice-Venice by Train
Venice-Vienna by train
Vienna- Amsterdam By Air
Amsterdam-Paris By train
then we thought it is too ambitious considering we have to spend at least 7 hours in the train between Nice- Venice- Vienna. and we didn't like the flight in the middle.
we figured that one of us has to give up his destination in order to make a full round using trains only so we made another route:
Paris-Bern-cologne-Amsterdam-Paris. which is not that interesting to me.
considering that I have been to Bern,Genoa,Milan,Florence before, I wouldn't want to stop in them again, although I wouldn't mind Bern.
we've traveled with our daughter when she was 10 months old and she was very relaxed and sleeping on most of the flights/buses, and even during our walks in the city.
Any Thoughts or suggestions on how we can plan it would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain Itinerary Help
- 2 Heat wave in Paris? Learn to live with it!
- 3 from Charles de Gaulle to central Paris
- 4 Train in France-1st versus 2nd class?
- 5 13 days in Paris, plans and budget
- 6 TGV route Avignon - Paris
- 7 Beaches in Southern France
- 8 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 9 Train from London to Leeds and from York to London
- 10 Which Dordogne caves can be easily seen without advance reservations?
- 11 Ali
- 12 Drinks in Spain
- 13 Viator's Tuscany in one day sightseeing tour
- 14 Gelato course in Rome?
- 15 Second thoughts on Lucerne as base
- 16 Oct '16 Tuscany assistance
- 17 Too much for one day?
- 18 Travel WiFi - France
- 19 Norfolk base
- 20 Lipari to Capri??
- 21 3 Weeks in Italy near Milan
- 22 Iceland Trip report
- 23 Eurorail pass or flights/local trains in Spain plus Lisbon for 21 days
- 24 12 days europe
- 25 Earthquake info for Perugia and Assisi