This is my first time on the site after only joining you today. My question relates to planning a 14 day touring holiday to Italy in summer 2015. There will be two of us traveling and we would want to visit Florence, Siena and Venice. We would like to plan the whole tour ourselves from Flights to travelling between these cities. We are thinking about choosing one hotel (4 or 5 star) and journey out from there and back each day. During the tour with the number of days we are planning we would include rest days. I am thinking should we stay on the Tuscan coast or locate inland centrally to these cities. I would also value your advice on the best ways to travel between these cities and any other travel tips you may think useful for us. Many thanks for your help and advice. We are excited to be travelling to this beautiful country once again. Our last trip to Italy was only a day trip to Rome a number of years ago. This time we want to immerse ourselves more in the Italian way of life and culture.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland Trip Report
- 2 Thoughts on visiting Turkey this summer? Safe?
- 3 Charming areas to explore in London
- 4 Cinqueterre
- 5 stonehenge day trip from london
- 6 Weather late May in Copenhagen, Tallin, etc.
- 7 Trip to Ireland in September
- 8 Tips / stops on drive from Munich, Fussen, Salzburg
- 9 Am sterdam is there a hop on hop off bus
- 10 Give advice on Austria trip in the fall.....
- 11 Norway travel help: Bergen-Gjendesheim-Oslo
- 12 Cornwall UK
- 13 Which 2 towns as base for Brittany and Normandy
- 14 Rome Discount Card for Longer Stay?
- 15 Best sites in Slovenia and Croatia
- 16 Train tickets in Italy?
- 17 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 18 Ephesus - Tour A or B??
- 19 Musée Erasme Anderlecht, Belgium
- 20 Visiting paris and italy can this itinerary work?
- 21 Reviews of Paris restaurants: Tour d’Argent, Le Cinq, Ange20,...
- 22 Our Roman Holiday - 8 nights in the Eternal City
- 23 5 day trip by train Frankfurt Vienna
- 24 8 Hours in Rome
- 25 Athens International airport