Hi, my daughter & I are planning a trip to Europe in 4 yrs when she graduates high school. I know that's a long way off, but I'm looking for opinions on doing tours versus seeing and booking things on our own. I'm thinking 4 to 6 weeks, we've never done anything this big before and I'm tempted to let the tour company take care of the transportation, and accomodations, but I'm worried we won't have time to do things on our own. I've been checking out Rick Steves tours and they have a lot to offer. I'd appreciate anyone's thoughts.
Tour vs On your own
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 2 german rail ticket question
- 3 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 4 Malmaison - how to get there from Paris
- 5 Travel from Split to Zadar
- 6 Fashion for larger man?
- 7 What to wear
- 8 Transportation from Airport in Reykjavik to downtown hotel
- 9 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 10 Madrid and London
- 11 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 12 Three days in Spain
- 13 Yacht trip on coast of Spain
- 14 1 week in Croatia
- 15 I Go to Pieces — An Italy Trip Report
- 16 Trip to Iceland
- 17 Amsterdam Berlin Bus companies BestBusTravel
- 18 Has anyone visited Tinos?
- 19 Picasso Museum-Paris
- 20 Barcelona Airport to Las Ramblas / recommended transportation??
- 21 Fjords, How To?
- 22 16 days in Paris, not sure London or Italy? ?
- 23 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 24 London neighborhood suggestions
- 25 Interesting markets to visit in Paris