Hi, my daughter & I are planning a trip to Europe in 4 yrs when she graduates high school. I know that's a long way off, but I'm looking for opinions on doing tours versus seeing and booking things on our own. I'm thinking 4 to 6 weeks, we've never done anything this big before and I'm tempted to let the tour company take care of the transportation, and accomodations, but I'm worried we won't have time to do things on our own. I've been checking out Rick Steves tours and they have a lot to offer. I'd appreciate anyone's thoughts.
Tour vs On your own
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 2 Prague, Austria and Germany in 17 days
- 3 Avignon to London?
- 4 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 5 Apartments in Jun/Jul in Rome, Venice, Florence (family of 5)
- 6 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 7 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 8 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 9 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague
- 10 Small group tour for Vatican and Colosseum/Forum, ? catacombs
- 11 feedback on itinerary to france and switzerland
- 12 Discover Greece On Line (Video + Stills)
- 13 Trip report:Vienna,Graz,Lake district,Salzburg,Wachau,Prague,Munich.
- 14 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 15 Need Advice for my first family to Europe
- 16 OUR BIG ADVENTURE...2 WEEKS and counting
- 17 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 18 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 19 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 20 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 21 Vienna - stay near train station or Innere Stadt?
- 22 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 23 Palm Sunday in Paris
- 24 Paris airport shuttle recommendations
- 25 Trenitalia has just enabled bookings for summer 2014