Hi, my daughter & I are planning a trip to Europe in 4 yrs when she graduates high school. I know that's a long way off, but I'm looking for opinions on doing tours versus seeing and booking things on our own. I'm thinking 4 to 6 weeks, we've never done anything this big before and I'm tempted to let the tour company take care of the transportation, and accomodations, but I'm worried we won't have time to do things on our own. I've been checking out Rick Steves tours and they have a lot to offer. I'd appreciate anyone's thoughts.
Tour vs On your own
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Middle Aged Regular American Guy Review of the Amalfi Coast
- 2 Questions on Cork and Another Irish Town Suggestion!
- 3 Late night train from Prague
- 4 Sunday Times Travel Magazine: Beach Hotels
- 5 Bike touring in France
- 6 weather and clothes in Paris Aug 2-8
- 7 Theater in London
- 8 Does this sound feasible?
- 9 Is it okay to wear a US service hat?
- 10 Tour Group Operators
- 11 Scotland - 1 week itinerary
- 12 Islands in mid October
- 13 Driving from London to Scotland.
- 14 Barcelona apartment input, please
- 15 Lauterbrunnen area (with baby)
- 16 Trip to Venice and Athens, with a cruise through Croatia and Greece
- 17 Renting a car from Rome to tuscany to venice
- 18 8 Days in Spain - leaving in one week!!
- 19 Dordogne in October
- 20 Ireland driving vacation
- 21 Christmas Market 2014 Itinerary help
- 22 Scotland Wedding Planning, Added Belgium! Logistics help, Plz?
- 23 Travel sim with Free Incoming
- 24 Majorca - where to stay?
- 25 Paris: Citypharma Du Four Bonaparte - a Trader Joe's for Beauty Items...