Hi, my daughter & I are planning a trip to Europe in 4 yrs when she graduates high school. I know that's a long way off, but I'm looking for opinions on doing tours versus seeing and booking things on our own. I'm thinking 4 to 6 weeks, we've never done anything this big before and I'm tempted to let the tour company take care of the transportation, and accomodations, but I'm worried we won't have time to do things on our own. I've been checking out Rick Steves tours and they have a lot to offer. I'd appreciate anyone's thoughts.
Tour vs On your own
View all Europe activity »
- 1 El Rocio festival, Huelva
- 2 Chambermaid tipping
- 3 Tuscan Agriturismo
- 4 Night trains across Europe--what are the fares?
- 5 2 wk Europe Trip Advice
- 6 Greek islands from Turkey
- 7 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 8 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 9 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 10 Rome Accommodation
- 11 15 Day Europe Trip - Mix of rail and car.. Cost ineffective?
- 12 rent car / Munich
- 13 Advent weekend in Quedlinburg
- 14 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 15 Italian Lakes gardens
- 16 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 17 Walking shoes for London and Paris
- 18 TGV and Provence questions
- 19 Novels set in Greece
- 20 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 21 To Paris and Provence in June
- 22 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 23 Bavarian Honeymoon Suggestions
- 24 More help with housing in Puglia
- 25 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich