We're midway through a whirlwind driving tour of Portugal, that we've been spontaneously planning as we go. The next 2-3 days we were planning to be in Porto, with an excursion to Douro. The tours we have seen only offer tastings at two places, with the rest of the day being touring the towns and am possible boat trip add on.
Should we do a day trip tour or drive ourselves around? We wanted to taste more wineries than two, but also want to be safe, and don't want to shell out the big bucks for a private driver. Are there any other alternatives to get around the wineries? Is there another tour you recommend with more stops at wineries?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving through Paris
- 2 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 3 Lisbon
- 4 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 5 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 6 Train Questions: Getting a Train to Bruges And One Random Question
- 7 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 8 Greek Islands - Which to use as our base?
- 9 Barcelona alternative
- 10 Sicily in feb? If not, where to from Israel?
- 11 Italy Car Scam
- 12 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 13 Desperate! photo SD card says "not Formatted" is all lost!?
- 14 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 15 Spanish Medical Providers
- 16 Road trip with our dog
- 17 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 18 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 19 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 20 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 21 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 22 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 23 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 24 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 25 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area