For the past two years my wife and i have embarked on a two week driving holiday.The first year we had a four stop tour of Andalucia,flying into Malaga and staying at a rural B&B,then moving to a beach apartment,then to a rural small hotel before finishing in a large hotel in Seville and the flight home.We enjoyed this so much we repeated this with a visit to the langudoc region of France,flying into and out of Carcassonne staying in five Chambre D'hote B&B with English speaking hosts which worked out great as our French is poor.Whilst there we where able to take in a tour stage of the tour de France and the Bastille day celebrations,another great holiday,and so to the reason for my post,this year we would like to do something similar with a trip to Italy and would welcome your advice.We have breifly visited the Almalfi coast and Pompey during a cruise stop and we have done Venice and Verona.Many thanks in Anticipation.
Tour of Italy
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 DEAUVILLE or HONFLEUR for overnight stay?
- 2 Paradors in Avila, Segovia, Salamanca and Cuenca Spain
- 3 Multi-Generational Great Britain Tour
- 4 Innsbruck and surroundings
- 5 CDG questions
- 6 Umbria - planning for 3 or 4 days in April
- 7 Small wineries and other places Umbria/Tuscan border?
- 8 Loco Spain Train Questions
- 9 Côte du Rhône wine road
- 10 France to Italy advice needed please
- 11 Is this the best urban surf spot in the world?
- 12 A Week in Spain
- 13 When to buy companion ticket?
- 14 Cell Coverage in Dordogne & Lot
- 15 South of Switzerland
- 16 Day trip from split to avoid cruise crowds
- 17 22 days in Amsterdam, Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- 18 Home Base in Belgium
- 19 Things to do in/around Milan
- 20 Dolce Vita on a Budget?
- 21 Itinerary advice: Bergen, Hardangerfjord, and Sognefjord?
- 22 Heading off to our 18day Eurotrip soon - 3000€ for 2 people? Enough?
- 23 8 days Northern Italy/ Switzerland
- 24 How to order free Lebara SIM card from the U.S.?
- 25 Travel with kids (6 & 8 yrs) to Germany/Switzerland/Liechtenstein