For the past two years my wife and i have embarked on a two week driving holiday.The first year we had a four stop tour of Andalucia,flying into Malaga and staying at a rural B&B,then moving to a beach apartment,then to a rural small hotel before finishing in a large hotel in Seville and the flight home.We enjoyed this so much we repeated this with a visit to the langudoc region of France,flying into and out of Carcassonne staying in five Chambre D'hote B&B with English speaking hosts which worked out great as our French is poor.Whilst there we where able to take in a tour stage of the tour de France and the Bastille day celebrations,another great holiday,and so to the reason for my post,this year we would like to do something similar with a trip to Italy and would welcome your advice.We have breifly visited the Almalfi coast and Pompey during a cruise stop and we have done Venice and Verona.Many thanks in Anticipation.
Tour of Italy
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice - boats on canals
- 2 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 3 I was (partially) wrong about debit cards vs. cash
- 4 Need help with transfer from FCO To Vatican City
- 5 Scandinavian tour - first time!
- 6 Where in Europe would you go to escape midwestern winter?
- 7 Ghent or Paris?
- 8 Please help with itinerary...
- 9 Cooking classes in Paris - Cook n' with Class or La Cuisine?
- 10 last half day - Chinese garden or east side gallery?
- 11 September 2014 - Mykonos, Santorini, Athens!
- 12 Which area in Venice for 3 nights
- 13 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 14 A Trip Report in Pictures - Ireland, E to W, S to N
- 15 Best regions/cities for good walks (not hiking)
- 16 Cambridge to Manchester, UK
- 17 There's no Place Like London: Part 1
- 18 Flat in London -- South Lambeth or Paddington?
- 19 Land tour o fGermany, Switzerland, Austria VS. river boat trip
- 20 ever rent an apartment after you get to a city?
- 21 Hotel Reccommendations: France, Germany, Italy
- 22 France: which maps?
- 23 Where to go for 3 nights in northern Italy
- 24 Where to spend two nights relatively near Malpensa? (*but not Milan!)
- 25 Paris - city hotel with easy access to Paris Nord Villepinte Expo?