We just returned from a week in Ireland. We bought a package through Sceptre tours. They made the lodging reservations, car rental and some activities. It was my first trip abroad. I am so glad I left the basic planning to some one else! My husband did the driving. He opted for manual but regretted it after the trip. The roads are so narrow. He was constantly shifting except on the Mxx highways. We enjoyed our tour very much!! It was too short for my husband and daughter but JUST right for me! The weather was great! And those Irish LOVE their heat. I was expecting to be cold but we were sleeping with the windows open and turning off the heat. Our accommodations were great! I wouldn't have picked the locations on my own I do not believe. We want to go back and I will probably use Sceptre again. Or for another European trip. The Irish are very friendly. Dublin felt like NYC. They are NOT early risers. Generally we could not get breakfast before 8:00 am. It was a great trip and I highly recommend it!
tour of Ireland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 2 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 3 Maitaitom & Tracy's Romantic 20th Anniversary Paris 2014 Trip In September
- 4 Barcelona to SW France to Madrid in 10 days
- 5 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 6 Berlin/Prague Itinerary Too Much, Too Little?
- 7 Tours For Young Professionals Other Than Contiki
- 8 Hotel in Venice
- 9 Summarizing my Renfe train ticket before purchase for Madrid to Cordoba
- 10 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 11 Bordeaux, Burgundy & Paris recommendations
- 12 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 13 Day trip from London to Paris
- 14 iDTGV Sales Open Today for Travel through September 11, 2014
- 15 Barcelona to Girona: Rent a Car or just take the train?
- 16 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 17 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 18 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 19 Dare I ask a Transportation Question?
- 20 A Winter Wander – Engadine and Berner Oberland
- 21 Calling Jamikins
- 22 How far in advance should I book my car rentals ?
- 23 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 24 HS Seniors in Finland and the Baltics - How to plan their spending
- 25 Zurich, Switzerland