We just returned from a week in Ireland. We bought a package through Sceptre tours. They made the lodging reservations, car rental and some activities. It was my first trip abroad. I am so glad I left the basic planning to some one else! My husband did the driving. He opted for manual but regretted it after the trip. The roads are so narrow. He was constantly shifting except on the Mxx highways. We enjoyed our tour very much!! It was too short for my husband and daughter but JUST right for me! The weather was great! And those Irish LOVE their heat. I was expecting to be cold but we were sleeping with the windows open and turning off the heat. Our accommodations were great! I wouldn't have picked the locations on my own I do not believe. We want to go back and I will probably use Sceptre again. Or for another European trip. The Irish are very friendly. Dublin felt like NYC. They are NOT early risers. Generally we could not get breakfast before 8:00 am. It was a great trip and I highly recommend it!
tour of Ireland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 milan austria
- 2 Need help extending plan beyond France
- 3 Genoa - What are the Must Do's
- 4 UK's 6 month tourist visa
- 5 Great Britain Car Tour Help!
- 6 accomodation fo granada, malaga, ronda and cadiz
- 7 Help with Itinerary, choosing Florence and Venice over Chianti area
- 8 Still at a loss for best place to stop on Pyrenees Road trip.
- 9 Suggestions for my Andalucia Itinerary
- 10 A taste of Scotland and Ireland
- 11 Mykonos plus another Island. Which one?
- 12 family of 5 travelling London to Vienna
- 13 Any trouble using credit card on Bono Turistico Granada website?
- 14 First Time in Italy 12-14 Days
- 15 British Royals
- 16 driving from Bordeaux to Paris
- 17 Inexperienced traveler trying to plan for 2 weeks in Europe!
- 18 Hotels in old Rome
- 19 Phone/GPS/Internet Access Strategies for European Vacation
- 20 France/Spain in june: Catalonia help, girona figures costa brava barcelona
- 21 Private guide in Germany - typical fees?
- 22 London, Vienna, Prague - theater recommendations
- 23 St Gervais les-Bains to Colmar: Where to Stop for the Night?
- 24 ABOUT SPAIN
- 25 Trip from Vienna to Budapest