We just returned from a week in Ireland. We bought a package through Sceptre tours. They made the lodging reservations, car rental and some activities. It was my first trip abroad. I am so glad I left the basic planning to some one else! My husband did the driving. He opted for manual but regretted it after the trip. The roads are so narrow. He was constantly shifting except on the Mxx highways. We enjoyed our tour very much!! It was too short for my husband and daughter but JUST right for me! The weather was great! And those Irish LOVE their heat. I was expecting to be cold but we were sleeping with the windows open and turning off the heat. Our accommodations were great! I wouldn't have picked the locations on my own I do not believe. We want to go back and I will probably use Sceptre again. Or for another European trip. The Irish are very friendly. Dublin felt like NYC. They are NOT early risers. Generally we could not get breakfast before 8:00 am. It was a great trip and I highly recommend it!
tour of Ireland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ireland 8 day Itinerary help
- 2 Can I cancel 2 of 4 train tickets?
- 3 Monet in Normandy
- 4 Dining at the Eiffel Tower
- 5 Advance Tickets Segrada Familia - Barcelona
- 6 9 days in Italy - beginning in Venice
- 7 Any experience with Cave Lodging in Loire Valley?
- 8 "New SAT Won’t Include Obscure Vocabulary Words"
- 9 campsite availability in peak season - Spain/Portgual/France
- 10 7 Nights in Paris
- 11 Gargano Promontory
- 12 Albania by bus in 10 days??
- 13 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 14 Santorini
- 15 Day Trip from Paris? Versailles - go or no? Other ideas . . .
- 16 SmartPhone Europe to USA
- 17 Airport to Piraeus
- 18 Travel over Col du Puymorens and lunch.
- 19 Getting from London to Southhampton
- 20 Day trips from Seville
- 21 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 22 Honeymoon in Greece 10 days : Athen Santorini Crete
- 23 Rent a villa in Crete or Not?
- 24 storing luggage for 10 days in Paris?
- 25 What time does Left-Luggage lockers open at Gare Du Nord??