We just returned from a week in Ireland. We bought a package through Sceptre tours. They made the lodging reservations, car rental and some activities. It was my first trip abroad. I am so glad I left the basic planning to some one else! My husband did the driving. He opted for manual but regretted it after the trip. The roads are so narrow. He was constantly shifting except on the Mxx highways. We enjoyed our tour very much!! It was too short for my husband and daughter but JUST right for me! The weather was great! And those Irish LOVE their heat. I was expecting to be cold but we were sleeping with the windows open and turning off the heat. Our accommodations were great! I wouldn't have picked the locations on my own I do not believe. We want to go back and I will probably use Sceptre again. Or for another European trip. The Irish are very friendly. Dublin felt like NYC. They are NOT early risers. Generally we could not get breakfast before 8:00 am. It was a great trip and I highly recommend it!
tour of Ireland
View all Europe activity »
- 1 IT Market Growth in Canada, Quebec Requires More Specialized Engineers
- 2 Gogartys, Dublin
- 3 Prague - must see
- 4 Sicily 10 days
- 5 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris
- 6 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 7 Frankfurt to Bamberg day trip - train ticket question
- 8 Nice to St Remy overnight stop in Cassis?
- 9 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 10 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 11 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 12 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s
- 13 Portugal in September
- 14 20 day Backpacking Trip
- 15 Europe with young teens
- 16 Spain itinerary complete - suggestions for inexpensive lodging?
- 17 Salamanca, Barcelona, o Valencia?
- 18 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 19 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 20 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 21 Where to stay in Copenhagen
- 22 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 23 Advises for trip to Russia
- 24 First timer! Trip to London over New Year's next year!
- 25 First time traveler to Ireland