We just returned from a week in Ireland. We bought a package through Sceptre tours. They made the lodging reservations, car rental and some activities. It was my first trip abroad. I am so glad I left the basic planning to some one else! My husband did the driving. He opted for manual but regretted it after the trip. The roads are so narrow. He was constantly shifting except on the Mxx highways. We enjoyed our tour very much!! It was too short for my husband and daughter but JUST right for me! The weather was great! And those Irish LOVE their heat. I was expecting to be cold but we were sleeping with the windows open and turning off the heat. Our accommodations were great! I wouldn't have picked the locations on my own I do not believe. We want to go back and I will probably use Sceptre again. Or for another European trip. The Irish are very friendly. Dublin felt like NYC. They are NOT early risers. Generally we could not get breakfast before 8:00 am. It was a great trip and I highly recommend it!
tour of Ireland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Winter in europe - am I being too ambitious?
- 2 Heading off to our 18day Eurotrip soon - 3000€ for 2 people? Enough?
- 3 mallorca
- 4 Is Heathrow or Gatwick best to use for going to London?
- 5 Summer Interrupted; Christmas in Germany & Switzerland
- 6 Destination Benson; help with 2 options, please
- 7 Using Obb website
- 8 France to Italy advice needed please
- 9 which is worse in july - rome or venice?
- 10 Age for booking a hotel?
- 11 Stansted Express or National Express - which is better?
- 12 Un Coup de Foudre - Falling in Love with France in 8 Days
- 13 Help Plan Our Trip !
- 14 Paris winter sales
- 15 What else for kids to see/do near Guedelon?
- 16 rail pass
- 17 Euro Quiz # 43 - Geography
- 18 Spanish Music
- 19 Should I buy Euro's now?
- 20 Spending time in Berner Oblerand - Take a side trip to Saas Fee?
- 21 Great restaurants in Italy
- 22 Greece after the Vote
- 23 Potential return trip to Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 24 Feedback on my 5-day Paris site list.
- 25 One day in Paris, Looking for a great Full day tour.