I am going on a business trip to Rome in July. I will be there about 6 days for work and had planned on staying an additional 4-8 days depending on how much my wife and I decide we can spend. She will be joining me at the end of my work (eg day 6) and we're trying to figure out days 7-10 or 7-14.
We have to start in rome and depart rome as well due to my company booking the tickets. However, during our stay we want to visit Milan and Venice and I wouldn't mind stopping in Bologna and Pisa. Any suggestions on what the best method to go to all these places? Also, should we rent a car or just use the trains? It seems that it may be less expensive to get a rental, however, I have heard that theft is a problem there.
Any advise would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://menintalk.com/peruvian-brew/
- 2 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 3 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 4 Italy bus or train
- 5 Ireland itinerary help please
- 6 May get together in Paris
- 7 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 8 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 9 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 10 Best neighborhood for first timer to Lisbon, Portugal
- 11 Switzerland/Italy (2 weeks vacations)
- 12 Travel from Madrid to Barcelona with a Side Trip?
- 13 Naples/The Amalfi Coast...and Sicily?
- 14 Canal du Midi
- 15 Seeking Andalusia itinerary recommendation
- 16 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 17 3 weeks in London, Cornwall and a tiny piece of Wales
- 18 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 19 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 20 Perugia
- 21 Stresa (town), Italy - things to do?
- 22 Booking through Loco2 Train
- 23 Praiano
- 24 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 25 Self drive tour companies