I am going on a business trip to Rome in July. I will be there about 6 days for work and had planned on staying an additional 4-8 days depending on how much my wife and I decide we can spend. She will be joining me at the end of my work (eg day 6) and we're trying to figure out days 7-10 or 7-14.
We have to start in rome and depart rome as well due to my company booking the tickets. However, during our stay we want to visit Milan and Venice and I wouldn't mind stopping in Bologna and Pisa. Any suggestions on what the best method to go to all these places? Also, should we rent a car or just use the trains? It seems that it may be less expensive to get a rental, however, I have heard that theft is a problem there.
Any advise would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Croatia Intinerary August 2017
- 2 6 days in Stockholm - itinerary, questions
- 3 Car Rentals in Ireland
- 4 Road Trip - Ireland, Scotland and England
- 5 International drivers permit
- 6 Help me make this possible!
- 7 Paris Restaurants esp in Marais
- 8 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 9 First visit to London
- 10 Train from Paris to Reims for day trip
- 11 ATM
- 12 Is Dalamatian Coast similar to Amalfi Coast in terms of travel logistics?
- 13 ATM help
- 14 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 15 One evening : Lausanne or Geneve ?
- 16 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #185
- 17 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 18 Paris..The St. Germain area.
- 19 First Timers Traveling to Italy - Help!
- 20 Spain Itinerary
- 21 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 22 No PNR code on Trenitalia online ticket?
- 23 Mobile wifi for Europe travel
- 24 8-days in Greece, Rhodes or Crete?
- 25 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall