I am going on a business trip to Rome in July. I will be there about 6 days for work and had planned on staying an additional 4-8 days depending on how much my wife and I decide we can spend. She will be joining me at the end of my work (eg day 6) and we're trying to figure out days 7-10 or 7-14.
We have to start in rome and depart rome as well due to my company booking the tickets. However, during our stay we want to visit Milan and Venice and I wouldn't mind stopping in Bologna and Pisa. Any suggestions on what the best method to go to all these places? Also, should we rent a car or just use the trains? It seems that it may be less expensive to get a rental, however, I have heard that theft is a problem there.
Any advise would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Shorts in South of France?
- 2 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 3 Comments on Apt Location in Madrid
- 4 Alsace Wine Route during Harvest
- 5 Camogli and surrounds
- 6 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 7 Good mobile plan for traveller
- 8 Are DSLR cameras allowed for Papal Audience
- 9 Route des Vins
- 10 Which are the most beautiful tourist attractions, Tenerife Spain ?
- 11 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 12 Les Invalides Night Show
- 13 base for Andalucia
- 14 Any recommendations for a week trip in late October-early November?
- 15 Taxi or Aeroexpress from Domodedovo Airport to center of Moscow?
- 16 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 17 Trip Report - Croatia, Montenegro, Bosnia & Herzegovina
- 18 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 19 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 20 Les bons plans de Whathello - St Tropez - Resto
- 21 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 22 limousine services - milan - rome
- 23 Regarding Residence Permit
- 24 Flight from Athens to Santorini- is this enough time?
- 25 Homesaty