I am going on a business trip to Rome in July. I will be there about 6 days for work and had planned on staying an additional 4-8 days depending on how much my wife and I decide we can spend. She will be joining me at the end of my work (eg day 6) and we're trying to figure out days 7-10 or 7-14.
We have to start in rome and depart rome as well due to my company booking the tickets. However, during our stay we want to visit Milan and Venice and I wouldn't mind stopping in Bologna and Pisa. Any suggestions on what the best method to go to all these places? Also, should we rent a car or just use the trains? It seems that it may be less expensive to get a rental, however, I have heard that theft is a problem there.
Any advise would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy Car Scam
- 2 Portugal - 1st timers. Advice please...
- 3 Spanish Medical Providers
- 4 Spring in Spain: Crawling up Mallorca; Pushing Through Toledo
- 5 Mallorca or Ibiza in Late march/Early april?
- 6 Talk to me about Mallorca...
- 7 One way car rentals from Croatia to Greece
- 8 Russia in two weeks in December
- 9 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 10 Restaurants Barcelona , Seville and Granada
- 11 Norway Honeymoon
- 12 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 13 Schengen Rule
- 14 Quizz !
- 15 Base recommendation for Mosel and Rhine
- 16 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 17 Trip Report 14th-17th October
- 18 Speeding ticket in France, need help understanding ticket
- 19 Visiting Plitivce National Park
- 20 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 21 Amalfi Coast - November - Few Questions/Queries in our mind
- 22 9 Days in Spain
- 23 Orvieto - dealbreaker? Hourly bell chimes even in the night?
- 24 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 25 It’s Thursday, it must be Seyðisfjörður. A 10 day Iceland road trip