I am going on a business trip to Rome in July. I will be there about 6 days for work and had planned on staying an additional 4-8 days depending on how much my wife and I decide we can spend. She will be joining me at the end of my work (eg day 6) and we're trying to figure out days 7-10 or 7-14.
We have to start in rome and depart rome as well due to my company booking the tickets. However, during our stay we want to visit Milan and Venice and I wouldn't mind stopping in Bologna and Pisa. Any suggestions on what the best method to go to all these places? Also, should we rent a car or just use the trains? It seems that it may be less expensive to get a rental, however, I have heard that theft is a problem there.
Any advise would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 2 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 3 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 4 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 5 Any recent stays at either the Plaka or Attalos hotels in Athens
- 6 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 7 Stop between Umbria and Firenze
- 8 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 9 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 10 Ireland in April
- 11 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 12 Need itinerary help! Dolomites to Austria through Hallstat to Venice
- 13 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris
- 14 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 15 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 16 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 17 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 18 If you had to choose one......
- 19 getting to CDG
- 20 Towersey, London
- 21 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 22 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 23 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 24 Preliminary planning -- a month in Greece
- 25 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas