We want to take a week-long food/wine trip in June sponsored by my husband's university that will be based at an agritourismo near Verona. We would like to arrive in Italy prior to the tour and spend a few days in a different location. I would love to go to Padua but Venice is also a possibility. If we decide on Padua, should we stay there or stay in Venice (have been to Venice twice) and do day trips to Padua? Also considering Cinque Terre but think it will be too difficult to travel from there to Verona to begin tour. Where would you suggest flying into/out of? I know we can fly into Milan and take the train to Verona but am willing to investigate all options.
Tour begins near Verona-Where to before?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 GIRONA Spain - 1 day
- 2 SICILY - PALERMO or TRAPANI as a base?
- 3 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 4 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 5 MARSEILLES - Day trip - CASSIS or AVIGNON ?
- 6 hotels in Seville
- 7 Sicily Suggetions
- 8 car rental companies Italy
- 9 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 10 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 11 best neighborhood/area to stay in rome?
- 12 Nice hotel in Garmisch, Fussen or Mittenwald
- 13 Mykonos - Ornos beach question
- 14 Prague, Austria and Germany in 17 days
- 15 England/Scotland Itinerary
- 16 Renting a car in Venice and dropping it off in Rome
- 17 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 18 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 19 How far in advance should I book my car rentals ?
- 20 Mykonos Grand, Cavo Tagoo, Saint Johns, Belvedere or Grace?
- 21 Paris in April?
- 22 Trip to Italy - please weigh in with suggestions and tips!!
- 23 Three days in Spain
- 24 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 25 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt