We want to take a week-long food/wine trip in June sponsored by my husband's university that will be based at an agritourismo near Verona. We would like to arrive in Italy prior to the tour and spend a few days in a different location. I would love to go to Padua but Venice is also a possibility. If we decide on Padua, should we stay there or stay in Venice (have been to Venice twice) and do day trips to Padua? Also considering Cinque Terre but think it will be too difficult to travel from there to Verona to begin tour. Where would you suggest flying into/out of? I know we can fly into Milan and take the train to Verona but am willing to investigate all options.
Tour begins near Verona-Where to before?
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Two weeks or so in Belgium and Netherlands
- 2 DeGaulle Airport
- 3 Chip & Pin Only
- 4 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 5 how long in Malta?
- 6 Using Plastic in Britain Now Includes Spending Pounds...
- 7 1 1/2 Days in Frankfurt - Looking for Suggestions
- 8 Italian Almond Bakery Cookie with dried cherry in center
- 9 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 10 Where to eat in Venice?
- 11 Copenhagen public transportation
- 12 Gary Seckendorf - Best Places to Visit in Europe
- 13 Paris-Brussels-Amsterdam 7 days?
- 14 Caerhays Castle and a self catering option
- 15 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 16 Backpacking Europe beginners questions!
- 17 best airport to fly out of Paris back to Toronto
- 18 Amsterdam to Paris Best Route
- 19 3 days in Barcelona
- 20 Roof Collapses on London's Crowded Appollo Theatre...
- 21 An American Solo in Paris - My itinerary (Help)
- 22 London: Open-Air Winter Swimming...Take the Plunge!
- 23 Best way to get to national rail station for 7 day paper travel cards?
- 24 Heterogeneous Xmas in Spain
- 25 Which car rental company to use in Croatia?