We want to take a week-long food/wine trip in June sponsored by my husband's university that will be based at an agritourismo near Verona. We would like to arrive in Italy prior to the tour and spend a few days in a different location. I would love to go to Padua but Venice is also a possibility. If we decide on Padua, should we stay there or stay in Venice (have been to Venice twice) and do day trips to Padua? Also considering Cinque Terre but think it will be too difficult to travel from there to Verona to begin tour. Where would you suggest flying into/out of? I know we can fly into Milan and take the train to Verona but am willing to investigate all options.
Tour begins near Verona-Where to before?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 2 Scotland November 2015
- 3 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 4 Christmas in Paris and Strasbourg in 2015
- 5 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 6 Driving an RV in Switzerland
- 7 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 8 Italy - Driving from Frankfurt to Florence (June 2012)
- 9 Skippered Charter Greece Islands
- 10 Southern Spain
- 11 All Set To Go!!
- 12 Which european city?
- 13 Bus Service Between Spoleto and Norcia
- 14 Italy Countryside
- 15 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 16 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 17 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 18 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 19 Germany in December 2015
- 20 Bus Tour with a toddler
- 21 Greece or Portugal for 3-4 week fall sojourn?
- 22 Vegan in Germany?
- 23 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 24 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 25 biking tours in Italy?