We want to take a week-long food/wine trip in June sponsored by my husband's university that will be based at an agritourismo near Verona. We would like to arrive in Italy prior to the tour and spend a few days in a different location. I would love to go to Padua but Venice is also a possibility. If we decide on Padua, should we stay there or stay in Venice (have been to Venice twice) and do day trips to Padua? Also considering Cinque Terre but think it will be too difficult to travel from there to Verona to begin tour. Where would you suggest flying into/out of? I know we can fly into Milan and take the train to Verona but am willing to investigate all options.
Tour begins near Verona-Where to before?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best route from Pamukkale to Fethiye by car
- 2 Planning 17 days Italy - Switzerland - Germany
- 3 Help with Itinerary please!!!!
- 4 Advance Tickets Segrada Familia - Barcelona
- 5 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 6 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 7 Planning first Solo Backpacking in Europe!
- 8 Prague, Budapest & Croatia +Krakow?
- 9 Airport to Piraeus
- 10 Train to Airport in Venice
- 11 Puglia planning - where to base, how long to spend
- 12 Paris Travelogue (One week in June with a toddler)
- 13 Long Weekend in Lisbon - Loved it!
- 14 Honeymoon in Greece 10 days : Athen Santorini Crete
- 15 Questions for my German friends
- 16 What still confounds you about travel?
- 17 Chip but no PIN
- 18 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 19 Itinerary: 13 day trip to Greece
- 20 Foie gras, redux
- 21 Pre-Purchasing Train Tickets
- 22 Dublin Tour Companies
- 23 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?
- 24 Day trips from Seville
- 25 Oktoberfest reservations