I've been following easygoer with great interest, as we're planning a trip that's similar in many ways.
We will have 19 nights.
We're landing in Toulouse at 9:30 am from Toronto, at the end of September. The plan is to stay for two nights. Saturday morning we'll head to Carcassonne, and then back to Toulouse for Saturday night.
I'm more than a bit overwhelmed by all that's possible, too many choices, too little time.
So far we're thinking of spending six or seven nights in Sarlat or thereabouts, then train from Brive (if that's the best option) to Paris for four nights. That leaves about six nights depending on the length of the Sarlat area stay to get from Toulouse to Sarlat.
So where to begin??? I've got a lousy map of the area with flags stuck on Albi, Figeac, Rocamdour. My crappy map doesn't show St. Cirq Lapopie, but I've estimated where it is, and yes, I'm going to get a good map, as well as the GG's! I also have Stu's guides, thank you, Stu, I was one of the 150 requests awaiting your return from vacation.
There are two days available during our Sarlat time at Peche Merle, which I'll book soon. One question - are the caves problematic if you have claustrophobia. Not awful, we went through a cave in Ireland with no issue, just trying to get an idea.
We're fine moving every couple of days, or even the occasional single night mixed in.
Any advice or recommendations on a route would be very gratefully appreciated.
Thanks so much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with out two middle days in Puglia
- 2 Croatia trip Planning
- 3 If you had to choose one......
- 4 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 5 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 6 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 7 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 8 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 9 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 10 Church service in Dubrovnik
- 11 Driving in Italy?
- 12 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 13 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 14 Tour groups
- 15 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 16 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 17 Ireland in April
- 18 Life on the Farm Draws Some French
- 19 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 20 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 21 So much to do, so little time!
- 22 Ireland Trip Planning Advice
- 23 Baby Milk
- 24 How is the drive from Munich to Paris?
- 25 More earthquakes in central Italy