I've been following easygoer with great interest, as we're planning a trip that's similar in many ways.
We will have 19 nights.
We're landing in Toulouse at 9:30 am from Toronto, at the end of September. The plan is to stay for two nights. Saturday morning we'll head to Carcassonne, and then back to Toulouse for Saturday night.
I'm more than a bit overwhelmed by all that's possible, too many choices, too little time.
So far we're thinking of spending six or seven nights in Sarlat or thereabouts, then train from Brive (if that's the best option) to Paris for four nights. That leaves about six nights depending on the length of the Sarlat area stay to get from Toulouse to Sarlat.
So where to begin??? I've got a lousy map of the area with flags stuck on Albi, Figeac, Rocamdour. My crappy map doesn't show St. Cirq Lapopie, but I've estimated where it is, and yes, I'm going to get a good map, as well as the GG's! I also have Stu's guides, thank you, Stu, I was one of the 150 requests awaiting your return from vacation.
There are two days available during our Sarlat time at Peche Merle, which I'll book soon. One question - are the caves problematic if you have claustrophobia. Not awful, we went through a cave in Ireland with no issue, just trying to get an idea.
We're fine moving every couple of days, or even the occasional single night mixed in.
Any advice or recommendations on a route would be very gratefully appreciated.
Thanks so much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 2 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 3 barcelona neighborhood
- 4 Jamikins? Other Italy travelers? Need car info, please.
- 5 Rest Stops from Tuscany to Umbria
- 6 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 7 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 8 Les Invalides Night Show
- 9 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 10 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 11 Which Day?
- 12 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 13 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 14 Les bons plans de Whathello - St Tropez - Resto
- 15 Support Barcelona, Brussels, Paris, etc
- 16 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 17 Tracking the Weather
- 18 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 19 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 20 Itinerary Three Weeks Greece Fall 2018
- 21 Dublin to Dun Laoughaire on a Sunday
- 22 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 23 Good mobile plan for traveller
- 24 First trip to Greece (last minute!)
- 25 Shorts in South of France?