I've been following easygoer with great interest, as we're planning a trip that's similar in many ways.
We will have 19 nights.
We're landing in Toulouse at 9:30 am from Toronto, at the end of September. The plan is to stay for two nights. Saturday morning we'll head to Carcassonne, and then back to Toulouse for Saturday night.
I'm more than a bit overwhelmed by all that's possible, too many choices, too little time.
So far we're thinking of spending six or seven nights in Sarlat or thereabouts, then train from Brive (if that's the best option) to Paris for four nights. That leaves about six nights depending on the length of the Sarlat area stay to get from Toulouse to Sarlat.
So where to begin??? I've got a lousy map of the area with flags stuck on Albi, Figeac, Rocamdour. My crappy map doesn't show St. Cirq Lapopie, but I've estimated where it is, and yes, I'm going to get a good map, as well as the GG's! I also have Stu's guides, thank you, Stu, I was one of the 150 requests awaiting your return from vacation.
There are two days available during our Sarlat time at Peche Merle, which I'll book soon. One question - are the caves problematic if you have claustrophobia. Not awful, we went through a cave in Ireland with no issue, just trying to get an idea.
We're fine moving every couple of days, or even the occasional single night mixed in.
Any advice or recommendations on a route would be very gratefully appreciated.
Thanks so much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris - Top Foodie Eats? Staying near Le Marais
- 2 Recommendations for trip to Cochem
- 3 David's First Draft Itinerary for Northern Spain and Portugal 2018
- 4 Train from Brussels to Amsterdam
- 5 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 6 17 year old need a birth certificate to travel?
- 7 Possible British Airways strike action, July 2017
- 8 Ireland for work. Add on a week-Scotland? Netherlands?
- 9 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 10 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 11 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 12 I bought a one way ticket to Europe.
- 13 Hiking in Switzerland
- 14 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 15 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 16 ITALY – ON AND OFF THE BEATEN PATH: Venice & Northern Italy
- 17 CASH OR CARD?
- 18 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 19 Day Trip to Capri: Advice Needed
- 20 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 21 Dordogne for 6 full days in early September itinerary for comment!
- 22 NL/googlehangoutApp/vodafone/again
- 23 2 days in Lugano area
- 24 FYI, Bourdain in Porto, this Sunday (July 2)
- 25 Need help planning trip after Paris