I've been following easygoer with great interest, as we're planning a trip that's similar in many ways.
We will have 19 nights.
We're landing in Toulouse at 9:30 am from Toronto, at the end of September. The plan is to stay for two nights. Saturday morning we'll head to Carcassonne, and then back to Toulouse for Saturday night.
I'm more than a bit overwhelmed by all that's possible, too many choices, too little time.
So far we're thinking of spending six or seven nights in Sarlat or thereabouts, then train from Brive (if that's the best option) to Paris for four nights. That leaves about six nights depending on the length of the Sarlat area stay to get from Toulouse to Sarlat.
So where to begin??? I've got a lousy map of the area with flags stuck on Albi, Figeac, Rocamdour. My crappy map doesn't show St. Cirq Lapopie, but I've estimated where it is, and yes, I'm going to get a good map, as well as the GG's! I also have Stu's guides, thank you, Stu, I was one of the 150 requests awaiting your return from vacation.
There are two days available during our Sarlat time at Peche Merle, which I'll book soon. One question - are the caves problematic if you have claustrophobia. Not awful, we went through a cave in Ireland with no issue, just trying to get an idea.
We're fine moving every couple of days, or even the occasional single night mixed in.
Any advice or recommendations on a route would be very gratefully appreciated.
Thanks so much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London GTG in June, Anyone?
- 2 What tips can you give about packing?
- 3 Croatia Itinerary help for 13 days in September 2017
- 4 Porte de Vanves or Clignancourt
- 5 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 6 Charles de Gaulle departure
- 7 Getting from Positano to Rome
- 8 Lake Geneva / Great St Bernard Pass / Milan / Naples
- 9 SHIP LUGGAGE
- 10 2 Months in Sicily
- 11 France Part Deux - Itinerary Advice
- 12 Barcelona, hiking in Pyrenees + which other? (Costa Brava or Mallorca?)
- 13 Splitting 11 days between Amsterdam and Dubrovnik
- 14 Ludwig Castles
- 15 Hallstatt tour recommendations?
- 16 Where to stay in SW Ireland, Killarney or Kenmare?
- 17 Experience with Earthbound Tours
- 18 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 19 Visiting Monte Carlo during Grand Prix week
- 20 Aix en Provence Day Trips
- 21 Two day Dublin itinerary
- 22 Short Trip in July
- 23 Springtime in Holland - Trip report
- 24 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 25 HIking through France for 2 weeks