I am going to be in Spain from 18 Aug - 2 Sep, part of mixed gender group of friends, all in late twenties. Traveling all the way from India, this may be our only Spain trip for decades to come, although I believe in never say never
We are going to be in Barcelona during Tomatina (falling on 29 Aug this year). We were wondering if:
1. It is worth it to go to Valencia for a day-trip specially for attending Tomatina?
2. Is it worth the hype?
3. I was told, it is not safe in particular for girls. Is that correct?
4. Worst case basis, if my friends do not join me, does it still make sense (and safe!) for me to go to Tomatina alone? I would imagine, it is more fun with a group of friends ofcourse.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 2 Cooking tours 3-4 days June 4 in Northern Italy
- 3 Paris & Cote d'Azur Trip report
- 4 Looking for Italy Itinerary Advice (8N)
- 5 Barcelona to Paris - Road trip in between?
- 6 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 7 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 8 Sim Card Options
- 9 Greek Islands (small)
- 10 38 Days in Paris
- 11 Day trip ideas from Bristol, UK
- 12 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 13 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 14 Day trip ideas
- 15 Cornwall of the beaten path suggestions
- 16 Help with purchasing a wedding gift card
- 17 Santorini - Fira/Oia options
- 18 Help with hotels in Santorini
- 19 Scottish Heritage Pass v. Explorer Pass
- 20 roaming Prague...but for how long?
- 21 Advice on car and getting around Aeolian Islands
- 22 Springtime in Holland - Trip report
- 23 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 24 Bringing wine home from Italy?
- 25 Itinerary review from a overplanner