We will be in Madrid in late summer and unfortunately have limited time and thus are trying to decide between day trips to one of: Toledo, El Escorial/Valley of Fallen, or Segovia. We like history, art, and architecture, and all three seem appealing. Based on some research, it sounds that while all 3 would be worth visiting, Toledo is probably the best choice for us given its historical importance and art, but any thoughts would be much appreciated. Its tough to get a sense for the cities/sites from just reading/pictures.
Also, if we end up doing Toledo, is a day trip sufficient to see the major sites? I realize its far from ideal and we wont have the chance to fully appreciate the city and its charms, but given other travel constraints, we have limited time and don't think we'll be back in Spain for many years (we are traveling from the US)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 2 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 3 Croatia transportation question.
- 4 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 5 Pre-Booking Athens / Cell Phone
- 6 European Travel - Trivia Quiz #151
- 7 Itinerary Help - Roadtrip North of Barcelona
- 8 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 9 Traveling to Croatia w/ infant - tips?
- 10 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 11 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 12 2017 Easter in Italy
- 13 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 14 1 or 2 days in Reykjavík
- 15 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 16 Suggested Italy Itinerary
- 17 Christmas in London; New Year's in Edinburgh
- 18 Help with Ireland Itinerary
- 19 What is best for gps & data for trip to spain and portugal?
- 20 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 21 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 22 Luggage for train travel in Europe
- 23 Towersey, London
- 24 Isles of Scilly - Anyone Been?
- 25 Westerplatte