We'd like to go to the following cities (starting out from Madrid):
and maybe even Santander
What route do you suggest? Should we rent a car or take trains and buses? Can we fit all of this into 4-5 days? (I know it's not ideal, but this will be after an 11-day tour, and 4-5 days is all we've got afer).
My plan is to go to Toledo by bus (sleep there), then go to Segovia (train or bus), and then rent a car in Segovia and take 2 or 3 days to go to San Sebastian and return to Madrid. I've never been to Spain, so I don't know if this is feasible or too rushed. Also maybe the train would be better to San Sebastian??
Any advice appreciated.
By the way, this will be in early October. We won't have any reservations, so we'll be completely flexible.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rhine River
- 2 Where in Europe for 15 full days from 21 Oct to 6 Nov 2016?
- 3 Itinerary Suggestions Between Bilbao and Amsterdam
- 4 Immigration entering UK to visit BF! Need advice!
- 5 5 minutes to change trains in La Spezia???
- 6 Bulgaria 2016 / Under the sun / Episode two / Arrested by fake police
- 7 Oh no, not another grammar lesson! Learning italian in Venice - a TR.
- 8 Most memorable European moments
- 9 Tipping in different situations in Spain
- 10 Piazza Navona
- 11 Paris Side Trip: Mont St Michel & Cancale
- 12 Macedonia, Greece
- 13 help in planning itinerary to UK
- 14 Berlin to Barcelona
- 15 Rome For 2 days
- 16 Is it safe to take train from CDG by 10 PM?
- 17 3 weeks in Norway and Sweden. Comments, advice please!
- 18 Norwway trip report
- 19 Camino Redux
- 20 Giverny, Rouen, Honfleur advice
- 21 DayTrip to Hallstatt from Cesky Krumlov?
- 22 Best way to see Croatia?
- 23 Is International Drivers Permit in Spain Required
- 24 Non-alcoholic drinks to try in Andalusia
- 25 Help with Colmar on Rhine cruise