We'd like to go to the following cities (starting out from Madrid):
and maybe even Santander
What route do you suggest? Should we rent a car or take trains and buses? Can we fit all of this into 4-5 days? (I know it's not ideal, but this will be after an 11-day tour, and 4-5 days is all we've got afer).
My plan is to go to Toledo by bus (sleep there), then go to Segovia (train or bus), and then rent a car in Segovia and take 2 or 3 days to go to San Sebastian and return to Madrid. I've never been to Spain, so I don't know if this is feasible or too rushed. Also maybe the train would be better to San Sebastian??
Any advice appreciated.
By the way, this will be in early October. We won't have any reservations, so we'll be completely flexible.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 2 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)
- 3 Rome to Naples/Pompeii
- 4 20 year anniversary trip to Scotland
- 5 Dollars exchange to pounds
- 6 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 7 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 8 Paris to Giverny train ticket sold out
- 9 Edinburgh's Fringe Festival...A Most Unique and Eclectic Event!
- 10 Slovenia or South Tyrol
- 11 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 12 11 Days in Ireland w few hotel changes
- 13 Oyster card?
- 14 Lyon airport hotel or downtown + taxi
- 15 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 16 London Theater
- 17 multi city flights to europe
- 18 Staying in Madrid for one night?
- 19 3 week italy itinerary coming along! now need help with car/trains please
- 20 Switzerland in September
- 21 Milan and Lake Como
- 22 9 day Trip to Scotland
- 23 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 24 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 25 Capital One 360 Card -- Fees for Cash Withdrawal?