We'd like to go to the following cities (starting out from Madrid):
and maybe even Santander
What route do you suggest? Should we rent a car or take trains and buses? Can we fit all of this into 4-5 days? (I know it's not ideal, but this will be after an 11-day tour, and 4-5 days is all we've got afer).
My plan is to go to Toledo by bus (sleep there), then go to Segovia (train or bus), and then rent a car in Segovia and take 2 or 3 days to go to San Sebastian and return to Madrid. I've never been to Spain, so I don't know if this is feasible or too rushed. Also maybe the train would be better to San Sebastian??
Any advice appreciated.
By the way, this will be in early October. We won't have any reservations, so we'll be completely flexible.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Provins as a day trip from Paris
- 2 Ravenna Mosaics
- 3 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 4 Cinque Terre trail closures?
- 5 Amsterdam, Germany
- 6 Markets in Malaga, Seville, Madrid
- 7 The nieces take Bruce and Marija to Paris, Venice and London
- 8 Munich, Salzburg, Vienna, Budapest
- 9 Help needed for Netherlands itinerary please
- 10 European Travel in March
- 11 Scotland Highlands Help
- 12 I'm moving to Italy...one way or another
- 13 Changing planes in Frankfurt
- 14 Our time in Rome
- 15 What do you trust more: Booking or Tripadvisor?
- 16 Berlin, germany
- 17 Does the heat of Europe ever grind you down?
- 18 My 3 Day Umbrian Plan. What do you think?
- 19 Itinerary Critique, please?
- 20 What to shop for in Floeence, Chianti, Montalcino and CT
- 21 Greece Itinerary
- 22 Poland, Czech, Slovak Summer Holiday
- 23 Berlin/Prague/Vienna/Budapest
- 24 10 Days in Spain is this do-able or nuts?
- 25 Barcelona and coastal towns