We'd like to go to the following cities (starting out from Madrid):
and maybe even Santander
What route do you suggest? Should we rent a car or take trains and buses? Can we fit all of this into 4-5 days? (I know it's not ideal, but this will be after an 11-day tour, and 4-5 days is all we've got afer).
My plan is to go to Toledo by bus (sleep there), then go to Segovia (train or bus), and then rent a car in Segovia and take 2 or 3 days to go to San Sebastian and return to Madrid. I've never been to Spain, so I don't know if this is feasible or too rushed. Also maybe the train would be better to San Sebastian??
Any advice appreciated.
By the way, this will be in early October. We won't have any reservations, so we'll be completely flexible.
Toledo, Segovia, San Sebastian - route planning advice?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Easter in Sicily
- 2 ATM nonsense: be prepared
- 3 Signal strength of T-Mobile phones in UK, Denmark, & Sweden
- 4 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 5 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 6 Visiting the UK (2 Weeks, need help)
- 7 Last few days in Italy -- North of Tuscany -- ideas?
- 8 Greece Italy and Turkey
- 9 Three Centre Holiday, Italy
- 10 iDTGV Sales Open Today for Travel through September 11, 2014
- 11 Cute hotel in Venice (San Marco) for around $150USD
- 12 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 13 A drive in Europe
- 14 TGV from Paris (or Orleans) to Barcelona
- 15 car rental info
- 16 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 17 Rail tickets
- 18 bath or york
- 19 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 20 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 21 3.5 days in Andalucia
- 22 Hotel room/Aptartment Recommendation for 5 in Paris
- 23 Maitaitom & Tracy's Romantic 20th Anniversary Paris 2014 Trip In September
- 24 Hotel in Venice
- 25 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium