We'd like to go to the following cities (starting out from Madrid):
and maybe even Santander
What route do you suggest? Should we rent a car or take trains and buses? Can we fit all of this into 4-5 days? (I know it's not ideal, but this will be after an 11-day tour, and 4-5 days is all we've got afer).
My plan is to go to Toledo by bus (sleep there), then go to Segovia (train or bus), and then rent a car in Segovia and take 2 or 3 days to go to San Sebastian and return to Madrid. I've never been to Spain, so I don't know if this is feasible or too rushed. Also maybe the train would be better to San Sebastian??
Any advice appreciated.
By the way, this will be in early October. We won't have any reservations, so we'll be completely flexible.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Christmas in Dresden 2017
- 2 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 3 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 4 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 5 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 6 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 7 Milan or Turin
- 8 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 9 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 10 Barcelona alternative
- 11 Paris to Italy
- 12 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 13 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 14 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 15 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 16 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 17 Iceland early december visit
- 18 Frankfurt to UK
- 19 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 20 God Save the Queen?
- 21 Road trip with our dog
- 22 9 Days in Spain
- 23 Visiting Plitivce National Park
- 24 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 25 Spanish Medical Providers