We'd like to go to the following cities (starting out from Madrid):
and maybe even Santander
What route do you suggest? Should we rent a car or take trains and buses? Can we fit all of this into 4-5 days? (I know it's not ideal, but this will be after an 11-day tour, and 4-5 days is all we've got afer).
My plan is to go to Toledo by bus (sleep there), then go to Segovia (train or bus), and then rent a car in Segovia and take 2 or 3 days to go to San Sebastian and return to Madrid. I've never been to Spain, so I don't know if this is feasible or too rushed. Also maybe the train would be better to San Sebastian??
Any advice appreciated.
By the way, this will be in early October. We won't have any reservations, so we'll be completely flexible.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Car Rental at Malaga Port
- 2 What Greek islands should I visit
- 3 Amsterdam for 5 days - HELP
- 4 Positano - Sorrento Travel Questions
- 5 than no further Alpha Man comfy
- 6 Seeking suggestions: Bavaria, Austria, Prague Trip in Fall
- 7 Beaches in Southern France
- 8 Brixen/ Bressanone: ideas for a few days?
- 9 cell phone companys
- 10 Day Trip to Greenland from Reykjavik
- 11 italy itinerary
- 12 Based in Burford, how to spend our time
- 13 Ideas for travel (hiking) in Northern Italy
- 14 Local markets in Italy
- 15 Arrival day suggestions (South Kensington)
- 16 Dublin Hotel Advice & Construction
- 17 My 7 day Provence itinerary... workable?
- 18 Where in Paris?
- 19 Dordogne and Loire Valley
- 20 anyone use 'NO JET LAG' ?
- 21 4 days in London worth the jetlag?
- 22 15+ days in Sicily -- first crack at itinerary
- 23 Guides - Matera
- 24 Eurorail pass or flights/local trains in Spain plus Lisbon for 21 days
- 25 Trip Report Crete May 2016