We'd like to go to the following cities (starting out from Madrid):
and maybe even Santander
What route do you suggest? Should we rent a car or take trains and buses? Can we fit all of this into 4-5 days? (I know it's not ideal, but this will be after an 11-day tour, and 4-5 days is all we've got afer).
My plan is to go to Toledo by bus (sleep there), then go to Segovia (train or bus), and then rent a car in Segovia and take 2 or 3 days to go to San Sebastian and return to Madrid. I've never been to Spain, so I don't know if this is feasible or too rushed. Also maybe the train would be better to San Sebastian??
Any advice appreciated.
By the way, this will be in early October. We won't have any reservations, so we'll be completely flexible.
Toledo, Segovia, San Sebastian - route planning advice?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Brussels / 2 nights / looking for insider tips
- 2 London GTG late September?
- 3 Terrorism in Europe
- 4 Iceland hostel recommendations on Ring Road
- 5 Avis De Contravention (speeding ticket) dispute/appeal?
- 6 Hotels in Madrid Spain
- 7 eateries in Puglia
- 8 Tips on renting a car in Oxford
- 9 Think twice before booking a trip with Grand Circle.
- 10 Rose Petals and Reflections
- 11 Advice for returning rental car to Florence airport
- 12 Question for those who have traveled to Portugal
- 13 Swiss Air seat assignments
- 14 7 days in London in Dec with family
- 15 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche
- 16 Help with France itinerary
- 17 Paris: for a family with children, Saint Germain or Le Marais?
- 18 What will happen if I do not pay the penalty of ATAF bus in Florence
- 19 Spending $ for 10 nights (2 people) in Western Europe
- 20 Getting from airport to hotel in Prague
- 21 Cornwall or Paris?
- 22 Day trips from Bologna
- 23 Help neede with Liquria itinerary
- 24 Credit Card Number stolen from hotel booking
- 25 City Night Line from Paris to Munich