New to the forum but I have found so many useful tips already, I decided to join and ask my very own question!
My sister and I are planning a trip to Europe in October 2016. The plan was originally for 3 weeks but it has now been cut down to 2 weeks due to job duties etc. Is it crazy to think we can visit 3 different cities in about 10 days? We have an uncle in Toledo, Spain so the plan so far is as follows:
10/8/16- depart USA
10/9/16- arrive in Madrid in the morning, take 45 min train from Madrid to Toledo to meet fam
10/11/16- Toledo, possible day trip into Madrid
10/12/16- take train back into Madrid and catch an afternoon budget flight from Madrid to Paris
10/17/16- depart Paris, take afternoon train into London
10/19/16- Day trip to Stourhead Gardens, about 2.5 hours east of London
10/20/16- Day trip to Chatsworth House, about 4 hours north of London
10/22/16- depart London back to USA on a morning flight
I'm more of the type to stay in one place and really take everything in and see all it has to offer. However, my sister is more of the "fit as much as you can into the 2 weeks" type of person, which I feel is counterproductive. If I had my way, I would skip Toledo altogether and just do a week in Paris and a week in London but going to Europe and not visiting family we haven't seen in years is harsh and out of the question for me.
Any input would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 2 getting to CDG
- 3 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 4 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris
- 5 Stop between Umbria and Firenze
- 6 How many nights to spend in Granada and Malaga & a few other questions
- 7 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 8 Towersey, London
- 9 Italy and Switzerlan Travel Advice
- 10 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 11 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 12 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 13 Biarritz family holiday
- 14 Ireland Trip Planning Advice
- 15 With Locals dinner- anyone done one?
- 16 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 17 Any recent stays at either the Plaka or Attalos hotels in Athens
- 18 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 19 Ireland in April
- 20 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 21 Need itinerary help! Dolomites to Austria through Hallstat to Venice
- 22 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 23 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 24 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 25 If you had to choose one......