New to the forum but I have found so many useful tips already, I decided to join and ask my very own question!
My sister and I are planning a trip to Europe in October 2016. The plan was originally for 3 weeks but it has now been cut down to 2 weeks due to job duties etc. Is it crazy to think we can visit 3 different cities in about 10 days? We have an uncle in Toledo, Spain so the plan so far is as follows:
10/8/16- depart USA
10/9/16- arrive in Madrid in the morning, take 45 min train from Madrid to Toledo to meet fam
10/11/16- Toledo, possible day trip into Madrid
10/12/16- take train back into Madrid and catch an afternoon budget flight from Madrid to Paris
10/17/16- depart Paris, take afternoon train into London
10/19/16- Day trip to Stourhead Gardens, about 2.5 hours east of London
10/20/16- Day trip to Chatsworth House, about 4 hours north of London
10/22/16- depart London back to USA on a morning flight
I'm more of the type to stay in one place and really take everything in and see all it has to offer. However, my sister is more of the "fit as much as you can into the 2 weeks" type of person, which I feel is counterproductive. If I had my way, I would skip Toledo altogether and just do a week in Paris and a week in London but going to Europe and not visiting family we haven't seen in years is harsh and out of the question for me.
Any input would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Most beautiful building facades and photo ops in Paris
- 2 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 3 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 4 Acorn TV
- 5 Train help for Prague
- 6 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 7 Germany train help!
- 8 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 9 Cap Corse - clockwise or counterclockwise
- 10 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 11 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 12 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 13 WB Harry Potter Studios Sold Out
- 14 Versailles
- 15 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 16 Sicily
- 17 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 18 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 19 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 20 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 21 Rare Curiosity-Piquing Photos From Rome + Thank You
- 22 LISBON FOOD NOTES Fall, 2016
- 23 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 24 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 25 Petrol in Greece