New to the forum but I have found so many useful tips already, I decided to join and ask my very own question!
My sister and I are planning a trip to Europe in October 2016. The plan was originally for 3 weeks but it has now been cut down to 2 weeks due to job duties etc. Is it crazy to think we can visit 3 different cities in about 10 days? We have an uncle in Toledo, Spain so the plan so far is as follows:
10/8/16- depart USA
10/9/16- arrive in Madrid in the morning, take 45 min train from Madrid to Toledo to meet fam
10/11/16- Toledo, possible day trip into Madrid
10/12/16- take train back into Madrid and catch an afternoon budget flight from Madrid to Paris
10/17/16- depart Paris, take afternoon train into London
10/19/16- Day trip to Stourhead Gardens, about 2.5 hours east of London
10/20/16- Day trip to Chatsworth House, about 4 hours north of London
10/22/16- depart London back to USA on a morning flight
I'm more of the type to stay in one place and really take everything in and see all it has to offer. However, my sister is more of the "fit as much as you can into the 2 weeks" type of person, which I feel is counterproductive. If I had my way, I would skip Toledo altogether and just do a week in Paris and a week in London but going to Europe and not visiting family we haven't seen in years is harsh and out of the question for me.
Any input would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Flat in London
- 2 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 3 Lay over time
- 4 ATM at airport
- 5 Short stay London with Aussie kids or not?
- 6 Best place to park in Bath and Windsor
- 7 Sundays in Puglia
- 8 Venice > Garda > Verona > Bologna thoughts
- 9 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 10 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 11 Climbing Ben Nevis in June
- 12 Greek Islands (small)
- 13 Reputable Apartment Company in Granada
- 14 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 15 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 16 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 17 K-Day
- 18 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 19 Spain in December
- 20 Italy Honeymoon in September
- 21 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 22 Places to cover in Switzerland in 8-9 days & then 5-6 days in Austria
- 23 Day trips: which ones are must-do?
- 24 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 25 Provence best farmstays!!??