New to the forum but I have found so many useful tips already, I decided to join and ask my very own question!
My sister and I are planning a trip to Europe in October 2016. The plan was originally for 3 weeks but it has now been cut down to 2 weeks due to job duties etc. Is it crazy to think we can visit 3 different cities in about 10 days? We have an uncle in Toledo, Spain so the plan so far is as follows:
10/8/16- depart USA
10/9/16- arrive in Madrid in the morning, take 45 min train from Madrid to Toledo to meet fam
10/11/16- Toledo, possible day trip into Madrid
10/12/16- take train back into Madrid and catch an afternoon budget flight from Madrid to Paris
10/17/16- depart Paris, take afternoon train into London
10/19/16- Day trip to Stourhead Gardens, about 2.5 hours east of London
10/20/16- Day trip to Chatsworth House, about 4 hours north of London
10/22/16- depart London back to USA on a morning flight
I'm more of the type to stay in one place and really take everything in and see all it has to offer. However, my sister is more of the "fit as much as you can into the 2 weeks" type of person, which I feel is counterproductive. If I had my way, I would skip Toledo altogether and just do a week in Paris and a week in London but going to Europe and not visiting family we haven't seen in years is harsh and out of the question for me.
Any input would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 2 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 3 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)
- 4 Rome to Naples/Pompeii
- 5 Switzerland in September
- 6 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 7 Where to eat in Rome?
- 8 Montserrat, Spain - Sept 8 or Sept 10?
- 9 de Roma A Como en 6 días
- 10 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 11 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 12 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 13 Positano or Sorrento?
- 14 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 15 Provence, Strasbourg, Paris early September
- 16 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 17 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 18 Only 3 days: Asturias or French Basque?
- 19 Last minute trip to Capri
- 20 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 21 AMS Car Rental
- 22 Ischia Earthquake/mobile wifi
- 23 Private transportation between Italian Cities
- 24 Help! Need Itinerary advice for Vacation in the Alps
- 25 weekend from cologne germany