New to the forum but I have found so many useful tips already, I decided to join and ask my very own question!
My sister and I are planning a trip to Europe in October 2016. The plan was originally for 3 weeks but it has now been cut down to 2 weeks due to job duties etc. Is it crazy to think we can visit 3 different cities in about 10 days? We have an uncle in Toledo, Spain so the plan so far is as follows:
10/8/16- depart USA
10/9/16- arrive in Madrid in the morning, take 45 min train from Madrid to Toledo to meet fam
10/11/16- Toledo, possible day trip into Madrid
10/12/16- take train back into Madrid and catch an afternoon budget flight from Madrid to Paris
10/17/16- depart Paris, take afternoon train into London
10/19/16- Day trip to Stourhead Gardens, about 2.5 hours east of London
10/20/16- Day trip to Chatsworth House, about 4 hours north of London
10/22/16- depart London back to USA on a morning flight
I'm more of the type to stay in one place and really take everything in and see all it has to offer. However, my sister is more of the "fit as much as you can into the 2 weeks" type of person, which I feel is counterproductive. If I had my way, I would skip Toledo altogether and just do a week in Paris and a week in London but going to Europe and not visiting family we haven't seen in years is harsh and out of the question for me.
Any input would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 2 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 3 Planning A trip
- 4 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 5 A week in the Occitanie
- 6 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 7 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 8 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 9 Hotels in Seville and Cordoba
- 10 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 11 Advice needed for family trip to Belgium and Germany
- 12 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 13 Car rental Malaga to Seville
- 14 Train Through Spain
- 15 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 16 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 17 Italy June 6-16
- 18 What is your favorite Greek Island?
- 19 Help with Algarve resort/ driver and excursions for big family trip?
- 20 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 21 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 22 hill of crosses
- 23 Northern Italy in 2 Weeks?
- 24 Barcelona - Safety/Language/Trip Ideas
- 25 Itinerary for European trip with 18 year old son