Trying to best plan our day at the Vatican (a Monday). Scavi tour is booked for 9:15 am. Appears the Dome opens at 8 am. Is it reasonable to think we can do the climb before the tour, assuming we are there when it opens and can get right in? We're both fit and won't need tons of time at the top, but don't want to push it in terms of picking up Scavi tix and getting through security.
To the top of St. Peter's - timing
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 2 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 3 NEW TO FODORS: Suggestions/Advice for 10 days in Europe
- 4 Bologna Restaurants open on Sunday?
- 5 Trip Report - Fringe Movements
- 6 Our Happy Return to Sunny Tuscany (plus a small bite of Bologna, too!)
- 7 A full week in The Netherlands
- 8 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 9 Photo trip report - Belgium/France/Germany
- 10 Itinerary Questions
- 11 Common practice to provide passport copies for apartment rental in Venice?
- 12 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 13 a week in Ireland over New year's
- 14 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 15 Banking for semester in London; what to do US students do?
- 16 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 17 Lake como
- 18 Sagrada Familia - which tower?
- 19 Castle "ruins" Tirol, Austria, Bavaria, Switzerland ?
- 20 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 21 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 22 Italy with 4 teenagers, 1 child and a husband in 18 days - thoughts?
- 23 Naples report - including staying in the centro storico
- 24 best beach hotel Mykonos
- 25 Train travel in Europe