I am beginning to wrap my head around a trip to Europe for the first time. First thing you should know is that I am a nervous traveler...but ready to see some of this world! To not get too overwhelmed my husband and I decided to keep it simple and go to Italy, particularly Rome.Oh and we are thinking of either going in the Spring (may) or Fall (late Sept early Oct). I think we may just focus on Rome, however, he would also like to do a "beach". Many people have recommended Amafi but I've also heard when in Rome see it b/c you can go to a beach anywhere.....others have recommended the Cinque Terre (sp?) area. Now it looks like both of these later destinations are a hike from Rome. If we are in Italy for about 7-8 days (not including travel time) is it worth it to travel to these places or will we feel rushed. As for what we want to see in Rome...I have no idea besides the colosseum (huge fan of ruins). Suggestions would be appreciated. We want to see some sights and then also spend some time doing as the Romans do and relax at cafe's and walk....We also love wine so not sure if we could do a day trip to Tuscany? Or is it better to do Rome for 4-5 days and see Florence an skip the beach/coastal town idea?
Since I am not well traveled is the train system ok to figure out? I hear there is a bus system in Rome that works pretty well.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Happy Travels everyone!
To Rome and back again....
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London tube
- 2 Last day in Italy with kids, Bologna or Venice?
- 3 Trenitalia has just enabled bookings for summer 2014
- 4 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 5 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 6 Article about the building of Brunelleschi's dome on the Duomo in Florence
- 7 Swiss rail passes
- 8 Day trip on the Rhine
- 9 Amsterdam Itiniary
- 10 Hotel in Venice
- 11 Sweden - Gothenburg and Malmö photo gallery and tourist attractions
- 12 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 13 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 14 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 15 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague
- 16 What Champagne House in Reims or Epernay for a day visit?
- 17 Day trips from Marseille
- 18 train to Vernon France
- 19 Avignon to London?
- 20 Where can I find a driver for a day around Paris?
- 21 A drive in Europe
- 22 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 23 Venice
- 24 A Win At the Arc and Discovering Lisbon
- 25 Sicily - Palermo, Cefalu, Taormina, Syracuse, Agrigento