I am beginning to wrap my head around a trip to Europe for the first time. First thing you should know is that I am a nervous traveler...but ready to see some of this world! To not get too overwhelmed my husband and I decided to keep it simple and go to Italy, particularly Rome.Oh and we are thinking of either going in the Spring (may) or Fall (late Sept early Oct). I think we may just focus on Rome, however, he would also like to do a "beach". Many people have recommended Amafi but I've also heard when in Rome see it b/c you can go to a beach anywhere.....others have recommended the Cinque Terre (sp?) area. Now it looks like both of these later destinations are a hike from Rome. If we are in Italy for about 7-8 days (not including travel time) is it worth it to travel to these places or will we feel rushed. As for what we want to see in Rome...I have no idea besides the colosseum (huge fan of ruins). Suggestions would be appreciated. We want to see some sights and then also spend some time doing as the Romans do and relax at cafe's and walk....We also love wine so not sure if we could do a day trip to Tuscany? Or is it better to do Rome for 4-5 days and see Florence an skip the beach/coastal town idea?
Since I am not well traveled is the train system ok to figure out? I hear there is a bus system in Rome that works pretty well.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Happy Travels everyone!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 8 Day trip to Swiss and France
- 2 Destination wedding venue suggestions Tuscany or No Italy
- 3 First trip to Europe-Final itinerary
- 4 Two days in Switzerland or Lake Como Italy
- 5 Bernina or Glacier Express?
- 6 Versailles or Mont St Michel ?
- 7 10 Days trip to Europe
- 8 how to spend 9 nights in Provence (France)
- 9 Time to go through customs in Glascow, Scotland
- 10 Tirano to Paris via bernina express in 1 day
- 11 SatNav and GPS systems that show speed cameras are illegal
- 12 Scenic drive: Seville-Granada-Barcelona
- 13 French Prem Train Fares
- 14 Finalizing Itinerary
- 15 American looking for any work in Italy
- 16 Day Trip from Geneva - Need Advice
- 17 Draft Ireland itinerary - does it look ok?
- 18 Credit cards in Italy & France
- 19 Madrid to Dordogne
- 20 Andalucia - Food Vocabulary - suggestions, corrections?
- 21 Itinerary help for family with young kids
- 22 3 weeks in London, Cornwall and a tiny piece of Wales
- 23 Another Visit to London
- 24 London Weekly Apartment
- 25 Puglia impressions, in brief