I am beginning to wrap my head around a trip to Europe for the first time. First thing you should know is that I am a nervous traveler...but ready to see some of this world! To not get too overwhelmed my husband and I decided to keep it simple and go to Italy, particularly Rome.Oh and we are thinking of either going in the Spring (may) or Fall (late Sept early Oct). I think we may just focus on Rome, however, he would also like to do a "beach". Many people have recommended Amafi but I've also heard when in Rome see it b/c you can go to a beach anywhere.....others have recommended the Cinque Terre (sp?) area. Now it looks like both of these later destinations are a hike from Rome. If we are in Italy for about 7-8 days (not including travel time) is it worth it to travel to these places or will we feel rushed. As for what we want to see in Rome...I have no idea besides the colosseum (huge fan of ruins). Suggestions would be appreciated. We want to see some sights and then also spend some time doing as the Romans do and relax at cafe's and walk....We also love wine so not sure if we could do a day trip to Tuscany? Or is it better to do Rome for 4-5 days and see Florence an skip the beach/coastal town idea?
Since I am not well traveled is the train system ok to figure out? I hear there is a bus system in Rome that works pretty well.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Happy Travels everyone!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10 Day Backpacking Itinerary
- 2 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 3 Best hotel other than Sirenuse in Positano for honeymoon?
- 4 crete or santorini in Oct.
- 5 Hiking Tips in Scotland
- 6 Rick Steves Pickpocketed in Paris!
- 7 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 8 Florence To Paris Via Overnight Train?
- 9 Provence to Paris via Burgundy
- 10 4 days in france w 4 kids
- 11 Traveling in Belgium
- 12 My nephew’s visit to Edinburgh (or, OMG to be 18 again.)
- 13 2 Weeks in Switzerland w/kids?
- 14 PRAGUE-TOP 10 THINGS TO DO
- 15 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 16 Scotland, Ireland, Teenagers and road tripping, 2018
- 17 Milos beach stay
- 18 Help me choose between two hotels in the Lot
- 19 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 20 Catching the train - best stop off from Tirano to St Moritz
- 21 SPAIN, FRANCE, ITALY, SWITZERLAND
- 22 Driving in Wales
- 23 Best train from Amsterdam to Paris via Germany
- 24 Christmas Markets 2017
- 25 SURPRISE TRIP