I am beginning to wrap my head around a trip to Europe for the first time. First thing you should know is that I am a nervous traveler...but ready to see some of this world! To not get too overwhelmed my husband and I decided to keep it simple and go to Italy, particularly Rome.Oh and we are thinking of either going in the Spring (may) or Fall (late Sept early Oct). I think we may just focus on Rome, however, he would also like to do a "beach". Many people have recommended Amafi but I've also heard when in Rome see it b/c you can go to a beach anywhere.....others have recommended the Cinque Terre (sp?) area. Now it looks like both of these later destinations are a hike from Rome. If we are in Italy for about 7-8 days (not including travel time) is it worth it to travel to these places or will we feel rushed. As for what we want to see in Rome...I have no idea besides the colosseum (huge fan of ruins). Suggestions would be appreciated. We want to see some sights and then also spend some time doing as the Romans do and relax at cafe's and walk....We also love wine so not sure if we could do a day trip to Tuscany? Or is it better to do Rome for 4-5 days and see Florence an skip the beach/coastal town idea?
Since I am not well traveled is the train system ok to figure out? I hear there is a bus system in Rome that works pretty well.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Happy Travels everyone!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 transportation from Prague to Cesky Krumlov
- 2 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 3 Durham Castle or Lumley Castle?
- 4 Girl Talk -- Clothing for Amalfi Coast and Rome, 9/28-10/8
- 5 Just curious--why Airbnb?
- 6 Alitala
- 7 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 8 Which Hotel in Rome
- 9 6 Days in Italy
- 10 1st Time to Ireland - what to wear?
- 11 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 12 SE ITALY
- 13 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 14 Drive from Piedmont to Malpensa Qs?
- 15 Stu Tower
- 16 Romania : Tip in restaurants.
- 17 renting
- 18 Hiking/Photographing the Black Forest
- 19 Amsterdam Mayor retires
- 20 Advice on Taxis vs Transfers in Santorini
- 21 Tasting sherry in Jerez
- 22 First trip to Europe with teens 14 and 15 Spain or Italy?
- 23 Road closure to Linderhof October 2017
- 24 Dordogne France, 6 days, 13 people!
- 25 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?