I am beginning to wrap my head around a trip to Europe for the first time. First thing you should know is that I am a nervous traveler...but ready to see some of this world! To not get too overwhelmed my husband and I decided to keep it simple and go to Italy, particularly Rome.Oh and we are thinking of either going in the Spring (may) or Fall (late Sept early Oct). I think we may just focus on Rome, however, he would also like to do a "beach". Many people have recommended Amafi but I've also heard when in Rome see it b/c you can go to a beach anywhere.....others have recommended the Cinque Terre (sp?) area. Now it looks like both of these later destinations are a hike from Rome. If we are in Italy for about 7-8 days (not including travel time) is it worth it to travel to these places or will we feel rushed. As for what we want to see in Rome...I have no idea besides the colosseum (huge fan of ruins). Suggestions would be appreciated. We want to see some sights and then also spend some time doing as the Romans do and relax at cafe's and walk....We also love wine so not sure if we could do a day trip to Tuscany? Or is it better to do Rome for 4-5 days and see Florence an skip the beach/coastal town idea?
Since I am not well traveled is the train system ok to figure out? I hear there is a bus system in Rome that works pretty well.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Happy Travels everyone!
To Rome and back again....
- 1 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 2 Normandy in mid Sept?
- 3 Family European winter holiday
- 4 Northern Italy Honeymoon- Alps and Italian Favorites
- 5 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 6 Italy: Planning a honeymoon....HELP!!!!
- 7 To Paris and Provence in June
- 8 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 9 San Sebastian and 2 day trips into France...lodging and places to see
- 10 FRA airport: How big is "big"?
- 11 Euro Train
- 12 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 13 Travel by train or bus
- 14 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 15 4 Women Exploring London Dec 19-23
- 16 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 17 Traveling within Italy
- 18 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 19 Florence in October
- 20 Where to stop on Italy's west coast
- 21 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 22 London at Easter
- 23 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 24 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 25 Need PIN for general credit card use in Spain Portugal