I am beginning to wrap my head around a trip to Europe for the first time. First thing you should know is that I am a nervous traveler...but ready to see some of this world! To not get too overwhelmed my husband and I decided to keep it simple and go to Italy, particularly Rome.Oh and we are thinking of either going in the Spring (may) or Fall (late Sept early Oct). I think we may just focus on Rome, however, he would also like to do a "beach". Many people have recommended Amafi but I've also heard when in Rome see it b/c you can go to a beach anywhere.....others have recommended the Cinque Terre (sp?) area. Now it looks like both of these later destinations are a hike from Rome. If we are in Italy for about 7-8 days (not including travel time) is it worth it to travel to these places or will we feel rushed. As for what we want to see in Rome...I have no idea besides the colosseum (huge fan of ruins). Suggestions would be appreciated. We want to see some sights and then also spend some time doing as the Romans do and relax at cafe's and walk....We also love wine so not sure if we could do a day trip to Tuscany? Or is it better to do Rome for 4-5 days and see Florence an skip the beach/coastal town idea?
Since I am not well traveled is the train system ok to figure out? I hear there is a bus system in Rome that works pretty well.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Happy Travels everyone!
To Rome and back again....
- 1 International Trains to Switzerland using Swiss Pass
- 2 London Evening Activity
- 3 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 4 Southeast England - more planning ?
- 5 Scavi -- Photocopy of ID Sufficient?
- 6 Venice - Verona - Padova - Vienna Trip Report
- 7 When to exchange US dollars to Euros
- 8 2 days in Venice- where to stay –What to do- Help please!
- 9 Germany and Italy
- 10 Which tour company would be best?
- 11 Hotel question...first time to Paris!
- 12 Moonliner bus question - can someone help please?
- 13 Hot Air Balloon crash in Cappadocia kills two, injures twenty-three
- 14 Barcelona - eat, drink, dance.
- 15 Changing of the Guard
- 16 Apartment Rental Website for Scotland?
- 17 Gatwick Express 5 for 3 -- available at Victoria station or only online?
- 18 Best way to get from Malaga to Gibraltar to Ceuta, Morocco?
- 19 "Our Small Adventure" an Ongoing Paris Trip Report
- 20 Traveling to the Netherlands with my 10 year old daughter
- 21 Berchtesgaden & Salzburg
- 22 Car rental
- 23 Essen and Nordrhein-Westfalen
- 24 UK Trip, Final Chapter
- 25 First Timer - Itinerary Help - Europe tour for 22 days