I am beginning to wrap my head around a trip to Europe for the first time. First thing you should know is that I am a nervous traveler...but ready to see some of this world! To not get too overwhelmed my husband and I decided to keep it simple and go to Italy, particularly Rome.Oh and we are thinking of either going in the Spring (may) or Fall (late Sept early Oct). I think we may just focus on Rome, however, he would also like to do a "beach". Many people have recommended Amafi but I've also heard when in Rome see it b/c you can go to a beach anywhere.....others have recommended the Cinque Terre (sp?) area. Now it looks like both of these later destinations are a hike from Rome. If we are in Italy for about 7-8 days (not including travel time) is it worth it to travel to these places or will we feel rushed. As for what we want to see in Rome...I have no idea besides the colosseum (huge fan of ruins). Suggestions would be appreciated. We want to see some sights and then also spend some time doing as the Romans do and relax at cafe's and walk....We also love wine so not sure if we could do a day trip to Tuscany? Or is it better to do Rome for 4-5 days and see Florence an skip the beach/coastal town idea?
Since I am not well traveled is the train system ok to figure out? I hear there is a bus system in Rome that works pretty well.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Happy Travels everyone!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 6 day trip to Italy... Venice to rome
- 2 anyone stay here? ytri vik cottages
- 3 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 4 Paris Favorites (the 11th & wine regions)
- 5 paris hotel easy commute to Palais de Congres
- 6 Tuscany wedding venues for 2
- 7 3 nights in Madrid
- 8 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 9 Nightlife in Rome (Alone)
- 10 Keira-Caitlyn Travels to Turkey...adventures in Istanbul and Ephesus
- 11 Trip to Switzerland
- 12 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)
- 13 Shortest wait for the Vatican without prebooking online?
- 14 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 15 Rome hotel
- 16 Very British Neighborhood in London
- 17 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 18 Seville to Cordoba
- 19 London Hotel - Different Request
- 20 Nice to Cinque Terre where to stay.
- 21 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 22 London 6 day itinerary
- 23 Rome-Switzerland-Paris-Rome 2 week trip
- 24 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 25 Kayak = Priceline and unavailable flights?