I am beginning to wrap my head around a trip to Europe for the first time. First thing you should know is that I am a nervous traveler...but ready to see some of this world! To not get too overwhelmed my husband and I decided to keep it simple and go to Italy, particularly Rome.Oh and we are thinking of either going in the Spring (may) or Fall (late Sept early Oct). I think we may just focus on Rome, however, he would also like to do a "beach". Many people have recommended Amafi but I've also heard when in Rome see it b/c you can go to a beach anywhere.....others have recommended the Cinque Terre (sp?) area. Now it looks like both of these later destinations are a hike from Rome. If we are in Italy for about 7-8 days (not including travel time) is it worth it to travel to these places or will we feel rushed. As for what we want to see in Rome...I have no idea besides the colosseum (huge fan of ruins). Suggestions would be appreciated. We want to see some sights and then also spend some time doing as the Romans do and relax at cafe's and walk....We also love wine so not sure if we could do a day trip to Tuscany? Or is it better to do Rome for 4-5 days and see Florence an skip the beach/coastal town idea?
Since I am not well traveled is the train system ok to figure out? I hear there is a bus system in Rome that works pretty well.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Happy Travels everyone!
To Rome and back again....
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 2 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 3 Scandinavian tour - first time!
- 4 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 5 Italy in October 2015
- 6 When Christmas markets of 2014 are going to start in Tyrol in Austrian part
- 7 Italy and Croatia
- 8 Help with Southern France & Italy Itinerary
- 9 Where to go in France mid July?
- 10 Walking and Hiking around Nice
- 11 Help with England/Wales tour
- 12 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 13 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 14 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 15 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 16 trip to norway
- 17 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 18 My notes on Greece 101
- 19 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 20 57 Reasons to Love Yorkshire
- 21 How Long Does it take to get to FCO
- 22 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 23 Is Venice really dirty?
- 24 Cotswold Churches
- 25 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15