I am beginning to wrap my head around a trip to Europe for the first time. First thing you should know is that I am a nervous traveler...but ready to see some of this world! To not get too overwhelmed my husband and I decided to keep it simple and go to Italy, particularly Rome.Oh and we are thinking of either going in the Spring (may) or Fall (late Sept early Oct). I think we may just focus on Rome, however, he would also like to do a "beach". Many people have recommended Amafi but I've also heard when in Rome see it b/c you can go to a beach anywhere.....others have recommended the Cinque Terre (sp?) area. Now it looks like both of these later destinations are a hike from Rome. If we are in Italy for about 7-8 days (not including travel time) is it worth it to travel to these places or will we feel rushed. As for what we want to see in Rome...I have no idea besides the colosseum (huge fan of ruins). Suggestions would be appreciated. We want to see some sights and then also spend some time doing as the Romans do and relax at cafe's and walk....We also love wine so not sure if we could do a day trip to Tuscany? Or is it better to do Rome for 4-5 days and see Florence an skip the beach/coastal town idea?
Since I am not well traveled is the train system ok to figure out? I hear there is a bus system in Rome that works pretty well.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Happy Travels everyone!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A walk through Greenwich and Blackheath March 2017
- 2 Clocks forward one hour tonight
- 3 Final Four
- 4 17 day roadtrip through UK: Need suggestions
- 5 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 6 Reviews of Paris restaurants: Tour d’Argent, Le Cinq, Ange20,...
- 7 Am sterdam is there a hop on hop off bus
- 8 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop
- 9 Spain/Portugal Travel for Older Couple
- 10 Ireland Itinerary- biting off more than we can chew?
- 11 YIKES!
- 12 Cash machines ATM
- 13 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 14 ideas for four days in Reykjavic
- 15 Turin, Bologna or Genoa
- 16 Charming areas to explore in London
- 17 Sardinia or Corsica??
- 18 Sweden, Estonia and Southern Croatia
- 19 Thoughts on visiting Turkey this summer? Safe?
- 20 Getting around Lisbon
- 21 May get together in Paris
- 22 Something to do with my mother-in-law in Madrid
- 23 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 24 London Itinerary - 4.5 days
- 25 Itinerary help