I am beginning to wrap my head around a trip to Europe for the first time. First thing you should know is that I am a nervous traveler...but ready to see some of this world! To not get too overwhelmed my husband and I decided to keep it simple and go to Italy, particularly Rome.Oh and we are thinking of either going in the Spring (may) or Fall (late Sept early Oct). I think we may just focus on Rome, however, he would also like to do a "beach". Many people have recommended Amafi but I've also heard when in Rome see it b/c you can go to a beach anywhere.....others have recommended the Cinque Terre (sp?) area. Now it looks like both of these later destinations are a hike from Rome. If we are in Italy for about 7-8 days (not including travel time) is it worth it to travel to these places or will we feel rushed. As for what we want to see in Rome...I have no idea besides the colosseum (huge fan of ruins). Suggestions would be appreciated. We want to see some sights and then also spend some time doing as the Romans do and relax at cafe's and walk....We also love wine so not sure if we could do a day trip to Tuscany? Or is it better to do Rome for 4-5 days and see Florence an skip the beach/coastal town idea?
Since I am not well traveled is the train system ok to figure out? I hear there is a bus system in Rome that works pretty well.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Happy Travels everyone!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 BUY Biometric Passports, driver's licenses
- 2 DO NOT USE GO TODAY.COM!
- 3 Cross Border Car Rental in Balkans
- 4 Alhambra to Hammam al Andalusus Spa / best option
- 5 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 6 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 7 Norwegian Countryside
- 8 Just Back from Norway
- 9 Any details on the explosions at the Istanbul Airport?
- 10 Charles Degaulle question
- 11 Amsterdam and ?????
- 12 declare to furnish excessive-excessive-massive
- 13 So I am here revealing the secret of my muscular
- 14 Switzerland itinerary help
- 15 Is a canal pass and museum entry worth buying ahead of visit?
- 16 Long Train Runnin' through the Alps (Switzerland 2016)
- 17 http://healthnbeautyfacts.com/leptigen-reviews/
- 18 Terminal 1 CDG Airport to Le Bus Direct Line 2 Station Airport
- 19 Tuscany Region - Public Transportation or Rental Car?
- 20 Amsterdam Hotel
- 21 12 days, which 4 cities?
- 22 FCO connection time
- 23 Accomodation # Interlaken,Bern,Lucern,Lausanne,Geneva
- 24 Lagos Walking Tour
- 25 Looking for a apartment recommendation for Dijon