I am beginning to wrap my head around a trip to Europe for the first time. First thing you should know is that I am a nervous traveler...but ready to see some of this world! To not get too overwhelmed my husband and I decided to keep it simple and go to Italy, particularly Rome.Oh and we are thinking of either going in the Spring (may) or Fall (late Sept early Oct). I think we may just focus on Rome, however, he would also like to do a "beach". Many people have recommended Amafi but I've also heard when in Rome see it b/c you can go to a beach anywhere.....others have recommended the Cinque Terre (sp?) area. Now it looks like both of these later destinations are a hike from Rome. If we are in Italy for about 7-8 days (not including travel time) is it worth it to travel to these places or will we feel rushed. As for what we want to see in Rome...I have no idea besides the colosseum (huge fan of ruins). Suggestions would be appreciated. We want to see some sights and then also spend some time doing as the Romans do and relax at cafe's and walk....We also love wine so not sure if we could do a day trip to Tuscany? Or is it better to do Rome for 4-5 days and see Florence an skip the beach/coastal town idea?
Since I am not well traveled is the train system ok to figure out? I hear there is a bus system in Rome that works pretty well.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Happy Travels everyone!
To Rome and back again....
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Our Brief Bavarian Break: Christmas Markets
- 2 A Sardinia trip report
- 3 Granada
- 4 A month in Europe - how does this sound?
- 5 Spain/EU trip in february "History,Nature is our main goal"
- 6 Caserta, Italy? Anyone Been There?
- 7 Have ten days to visit Munich, Salzburg and Switzerland
- 8 All Set To Go!!
- 9 First time to Switzerland
- 10 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 11 Favorite London spot for roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?
- 12 Early stages of planning for Euro trip + would love suggestions
- 13 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why
- 14 Hotels in Toulouse & Montpellier
- 15 Eastern Europe
- 16 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 17 Trip Report: 17 days in Switzerland, Austria & Czech Republic
- 18 10 Days in Emilia-Romagna : Thinking of 3 Days Bologna and Then??
- 19 Switzerland help...?
- 20 Base for a Week in Normandy or Brittany in July
- 21 Airport ATMs
- 22 Brittany France 2014 - Trip Report
- 23 London to Paris by train
- 24 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 25 Spain and Portugal in Depth