I have a 5-6 days trip planned in Switzerland in the first week of October with my husband. We will be flying in and out of Geneva. I have finalized the last 2 days to be spent in Montreux so its closer to Geneva airport.
For the other 3 days, I am confused between Lucerne or jungfraujoch (Wengen, Lauterbrunnen) region as base - this can be decided if I zero in on the peaks I want to go!
What is a MUST MUST VISIT among Mt. Titlis - Mt. Pilatus - Jungrau - Mt. Schilthorn - maybe only 1 or max. 2 out of these? If I finalize these, I may be able to chose my base area too. I am reading mixed reviews on what's the must see! And I want to do one or two best out of these, not all due to time limitations.
Where can I find great snow out of these - coz that would be a fascination for me!
I am inclined towards Jungrau, but Mt. Titlis seems so popular with its cable car etc. I dont want skipping that and then people making me feel how could I do a Swiss trip without Titlis!!!
Also, please suggest any good and not too expensive hotels in these regions. Additionally, which rail pass should I buy for my entire trip? I will be doing Golden Pass from Lucerne to Montreux.
Thanks a lot!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 LeHavre to Rennes/St. Malo?
- 2 Last two nights of SW England trip
- 3 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 4 3 day trip to iceland
- 5 Azores v. north coastal Portugal-Best use of time between Lisbon and Porto
- 6 Classical or choral or sacred music venues in Rome
- 7 Alitala
- 8 Navigation Decouverte cards never expire; right? Wrong!
- 9 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 10 Copenhagen/Hamburg Trip Report September 2017
- 11 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 12 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 13 Rome or Venice first
- 14 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 15 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 16 celticmoon, a quick question
- 17 Car service from Vienna Airport
- 18 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 19 B&B in Ireland
- 20 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
- 21 Europe First Timers
- 22 Restaurants in Rome near Pantheon, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain
- 23 Trains in Italy
- 24 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 25 Paris Oct 31-Nov 4
Titlis vs. Pilatus vs. Jungraujoch vs. Schilthorn?? Confused