To all expert people,
I bought a train ticket on http://www.trenitalia.com from Tirano to Venice. I got search result of two train. One Regional train from Tirano to Milano and another Milano to Mestre. Before buying I gone through the Ticket Delivery options and understood that the only option that I have to collect the ticket is Self Service Machine. Since I got a message on the internet that there is no self Service machine at Tirano, I changed my option and tried booking only from Tirano to Milano however to my surprise, i got a message saying "we are sorry chosen solution is not purchasable". I again went to the delivery option and came across that for regional ticket you will get ticket in the PDF file in email. I understood that I have to book the entire journey as one leg of journey can not be purchased, I gone ahead and booked my ticket by assuming that for regional train, i'll get PDF File in email and in Milano I can validate my train ticket from any self service machine as I have 25 mnts journey break . While I waited 6 hours to receive my PDF file for Tirano to Milano, travel, I didnot receive it, eventally I called up trenitalia call centre and the lady who answered my call said, book these ticket separately and you can refund this ticket. The other option is to have some one collect ticket on my behalf from Tirano station which is open from 5.40 AM to 12.00PM. I am reaching Tirano at 13.18 hours by Bernina Express and can't see this can be done. I am just checking if some one can help me with any alternate option as I don't want to loose my 20% of the ticket price. Please also suggest if buying ticket from https://www.sbb.ch/ is a good option as this swiss site gives very clearcut information about ticket, price and delivery
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Shoes in Scotland
- 2 First time in Europe for 10 days! Help!
- 3 Engadine Valley help
- 4 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 5 driving the coastline of Croatia
- 6 Apartment & Location Recommendation in Paris
- 7 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 8 Paris to Barcelona and Lourdes by train/car
- 9 Naples, Italy
- 10 Ireland in April
- 11 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 12 Is the Jacobite Steam Train worth it?
- 13 Europe's Most Iconic Sights...???????
- 14 French restaurants
- 15 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 16 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 17 Tuscany 6 nights
- 18 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 19 Ireland travel passport question
- 20 Europe in January - Is It Worth It?
- 21 New Year's Eve in Paris:at the Champs Elysees
- 22 Planning a European Trip
- 23 France & Italy, May or June
- 24 Ireland trip planning recommendations - March
- 25 Best travelling Dordogne to Barcelona?
To all expert people,