Hi fellow travelers,
I am new to this site and thank you in advance for any help you may provide!
I am a female traveling solo to Europe for a few months between mid April to ~the third week in June. I’ve decided on the following locations. I would love any tips. Specifically recommended Hostels and input on Croatia. I’m planning to rent a vacation home in Croatia, specifically in the Dalmatia region for the last ~4 weeks. I’m thinking in Dubrovnik but please provide any feedback (Split and Zadar would be other options). See specific questions and my current ideas below:
Spain- Barcelona then down towards Gibraltor, Andulicia, Seville
Portugal- I don’t know anyone that has visited here and have heard mixed repsonses but it looks amazing..here was thinking of Lisbon, Guimaraes, Douro Valley, Porto, Figueira da Foz (beach area)
Q: What is the cheapest/best way to get from here to Sicily region of Italy? Train or flight? If train any recommended spots to stop along the way (I’ve already been to south of France)
Italy- Palermo/Sicily region (I've been to Italy before Rome/Venice/Florence and Almalfi Coast so thought this is an area I'd like to see)
Q: Was thinking of doing a couple days in Malta-suggestions?
Q:-TIPS ON TAKING A FERRY FROM ITALY TO CROATIA. This looks easiest and most cost efficient
Croatia- I was looking into getting a vacation rental on the Dalmatia region either in Zadar, Split or Dubrovnik..for a few weeks as my last point. This area I'm pretty set on including. I’m thinking Dubrovnik is my choice but again open to suggestions. Also, I’d like to take a few day trips while in this country, again suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 2 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 3 Europe First Timers
- 4 Safety in Rome
- 5 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 6 Greek Village
- 7 Crete Holiday
- 8 Athens Help
- 9 One free day in Barcelona
- 10 3 days in Spain - help where?!
- 11 Apartment Montreux area
- 12 8 in Rome or Rome + Amalfi in June
- 13 Uber vs. TfL
- 14 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 15 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 16 Trip Report: Amsterdam and Antwerp, May-June 2014
- 17 base in brussels
- 18 Seeking reasonable itinerary for 16 days
- 19 Rome or Venice first
- 20 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 21 Eloping in London, honeymooning in Paris!
- 22 Berlin
- 23 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 24 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 25 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
Tips needed for trip of a lifetime; questions specific to Croatia
Hi fellow travelers,